Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 6/8 - 6/14/15

...TG

Not sure how I missed this, but apparently Cena/Owens from Elimination Chamber was non-title?

Good little Owens-Neville match to start things out. Aside from Neville overshooting Owens (or Owens underestimating Neville) on an Asai moonsault.

I've figured out the (current) problem with The Miz. He's too serious all the time. Any time he's talking he's either doing that deadly serious, monotone heel thing, or trying to look tough with the bug-eyed shouting. His face is expressionless.

When I think back to 2009-11 when Miz was actually an effective heel, he was the exact opposite. He was animated, he was goofy, he would make jokes, he would laugh, and he'd use that annoying high-pitched voice that he mocked people with. He was still a heel, he was annoying as shit and made you want someone to fuck him the fuck up, but he was entertaining while he was doing it. Monotone Miz is boring as fuck and doesn't inspire anything but apathy. Miz TV is awful because Miz as the host is so insufferably dull. He used to at least serve a purpose as the annoying host that you wanted to get beat up by the end of the segment. Now I don't see how you could possibly care.

Punk is super into hockey and he takes great pride in the Blackhawks. At this point anyone who bothers with hockey should definitely know how to pronounce Jonathan Toews's name or who is coaching the conference champions. It is really in bad taste when a celebrity takes a gig doing special announcements and can't be bothered to learn a thing or two about the thing he is doing.

Punk is super into hockey and he takes great pride in the Blackhawks. At this point anyone who bothers with hockey should definitely know how to pronounce Jonathan Toews's name or who is coaching the conference champions. It is really in bad taste when a celebrity takes a gig doing special announcements and can't be bothered to learn a thing or two about the thing he is doing.

Yeah I'd be pissed too if I was a Blackhawks fan.

Hogan's tweet was a dig at Punk leaving, which he assuredly knows little about, while talking about hockey, which he also knows little about. Punk suffers plenty of fools in regard to the "quitter" stuff, but taking shit from Hogan, who he already disliked, wasn't going to fly. On the other hand, it wasn't the most mature response and it just gave Hogan the attention he was looking for.

Has there ever been a more opposite display of likability between a real person and a character than John Cena? IRL Cena seems like a pretty great dude who devotes tons of time to charity without wanting any attention. TV character John Cena is becoming a pompous douchebag who has to constantly tell everyone how great he's been like the guy who's still talking about his high school football career at the 20th reunion. With anyone else i would think they were setting up a heel turn, but instead they keep trotting out this guy who despite their best efforts is still The Man at the moment and make him more and more unlikable.

Punk's been super passionate about the Hawks since at least 2013.

lol, what a hardcore fan

Everyone has to start at some point in their fandom. I was super passionate about Wrestling in 1993 even though I'd only been watching for 2 years.

Your comment was a bit douchey RM.

I'm with RM. You don't get to pound your chest about what a true hardcore fan you are when you start following the team as they're about to win their second title in a few years, and are now trying to win 3 titles in 6 years. Anyone can be a big fan when youre watching a historically fun team.

Sorry, I live in Chicago and once again tonight my neighborhood will be swarmed by drunk 22-year old hockey fanatics who can't tell you what position Chris Chelios played.

Let's keep this PWO - transport Punk to the 80s as a Hogan challenger. Is he closer to Savage or Perfect in success?

How do we even know that Punk only started following them in 2013? I am a Blackhawks fan, have been since the Tony Amonte years, but I've only started being vocal about it since 2009 or so. Doesn't make me a fair weather fan or anything like that. Obviously it is more fun to talk about your team when they are winners. Same thing with the White Sox, Bulls and Bears.

Obviously it is more fun to talk about your team when they are winners.

As a long time Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan from the day Derrick Brooks got drafted to the team, I know this feeling exactly. The Bucs are the Wade Barrett of the NFL these days (win once in a blue moon but mostly job out in order to put over the other guys without any Even Steven booking returns)...

Let's keep this PWO - transport Punk to the 80s as a Hogan challenger. Is he closer to Savage or Perfect in success?

He'd probably have as much success as Bret Hart did against Hogan in the WWF.

Probably but you can bet Punk would make a bigger fuss out of that than Bret ever did. Which probably puts Punk in WCW by the end of 1993...then ECW in 1994/1995 when Hogan jumps over.