Pro Wrestling Only

Tough Enough Season Thread

dkookypunk43

The show was such amateur hour. Voting only takes place during a single commercial break. How fluky can you get? There was also a lot of filler. Are we supposed to believe they had a full week of training and all they did was run up some bleachers one day and then run the ropes? The whole thing looks like it cost them about $25.00 to make.

I never watched any of the Tough Enough seasons while they happened but I have seen some of them in the WWE network and quite enjoyed them for what they were (something to leave on in the background while I cook, fold clothes or do something else in the house)

This was very uninteresting, nobody showed any personality and the happenings in the house, at the night club and training centre were all boring.

I guess this may be a Kevin Dunn or Vince thing but they tried to make a heel out of a cocky smaller MMA guy who is winning all the challenges and doesn't stop talking about his MMA background. However the other guys are so unlikeable that they come off even worse so you end up hoping that the MMA guy keeps showing them up.

Waste of time, I won't be watching this, and I'm not sure anybody else will be.

Watched the Steve Austin seasons a few years back. Was funny thanks to Steve Austin's priceless promos. Trish was cool. Hugh Morrus looked like a shit trainer (guess who won the poney ?). And of course, the entire thing was a joke, as the winner was bitchslapped by Vince only to be never seen again and fired not too long ago.

I have no idea why anyone would have any interest at this point.

I caught it. The new format is dreadful and the entire show was a colossal dud. A bit of an exaggeration to say NO ONE there has star potential - I think ZZ, the Indian guy, the black guy, and one or two others do (sorry for using such generic descriptors, but I don't remember enough about any of them to specify further) - but the show sucks so far.

Not liking it cause no one has "star potential" is totally missing the point. Who cares? It's supposed to be an entertaining show about these people.

Now, not liking it because it's aimed at being shitty reality TV where they want everyone fighting or fucking and that's the most important aspect of it. Well, then yeah. It stinks. I'm not putting that on them because that's what America wants and loves. But watch the first season of the first Tough Enough and it almost seems quaint as far as reality TV goes. It was all about people actually learning how to wrestle. There was the bits of drama, sure. But it truly felt like a positive viewing experience where the trainers cared about the trainees and the audience didn't vote off people and challenges weren't really important. It was all about the trainers cutting people and most of the people who had to leave either suffered injuries or quit on their own.

I thought they really need to work on the format of the show, as it looked so rinky dink by normal WWE standards....all of them on the stage clapping like seals wait for the ad break for instance.

Saying that, I enjoyed Tanner and loved Daniel Bryan putting down the tall guys for just being tall.

That and ZZ, for an 18 year old, has bags of potential.

• 1 month later...

so yeah on Tough Talk tonight Amanda accused Sara of being a ring rat. It was incredible. Bryan, Paige and Miz were stunned silent. Well Paige gasped. Clearly the production people and announcers had no idea what to do. I can't think of a more wtf, did this really happen moment on WWE programming in a long time. Sara looked like she was going to legitimately cry. Sara also wants her ring name to be "Smile". Holy crap this show has gotten good the last few weeks

about 23 minutes in

so yeah on Tough Talk tonight Amanda accused Sara of being a ring rat. It was incredible. Bryan, Paige and Miz were stunned silent. Well Paige gasped. Clearly the production people and announcers had no idea what to do. I can't think of a more wtf, did this really happen moment on WWE programming in a long time.

Holy shit. Paige's reaction was quite funny, while Bryan looked like he wanted to be out of here, he was legit cringing. Gotta love Paige stirring the shit up by asking "what's a ring rat ?". This is better than any scripted promo on RAW.

What really tapped me out of this season was the fact that no one could cut a promo. Not one person. Even Patrick who CLAIMS TO LOVE PRO WRESTLING wasn't able to cut a promo. I am not Ric Flair and nor will I ever bee on the level of Dusty Rhodes, but if I am standing in front of Hogan, Jericho, and Miz (who is pretty good on the mic more-often-than-not)- I am going to cut a goddamn promo about the made up IC title match happening at Summerslam against (whomever I am promoing against) this Sunday night at the Omni. I just couldn't hear anymore people talk about how they are passionate while not fucking showing it. Seriously this Patrick guy grew up watching Hogan, Flair, Dusty, SCSA, Rock, Macho Man, and Piper, and yet he CANNOT CUT A PROMO? A big NO THANK YOU from me.

The Brasilian girl was cute and I hope to see her in WWE, but WWE doesn't really like diversity and Vince/Dunn/etc. have a certain body image (see: big boobs ) for all women.