Pro Wrestling Only

YAMATO

Grimmas

Much like Masaaki Mochizuki, if you find yourself allergic to the DG style, this is the guy you should investigate if you feel like you need to give people from DG a chance, while not wanting to waste time on a style you already know isn't for you. An immediate rec that comes to mind would be the 5/5/14 Dream Gate match vs Ricochet, which was basically an old territory title match, with the heel challenger finding a sleazy way to ground his high flying babyface opponent and is the total opposite of what people would think of a Dragon Gate match involving a guy like Ricochet.

• 5 months later...

He was so great against (Ricochet??) at that Dead or Alive show last year. Is there more appearances where he worked body parts I can watch?

He works over CIMA's leg in the early going of this match, but it's nowhere near the quality of that Ricochet match.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18e8si_cima-vs-yamato-dragon-gate-1-20-10_sport

Didn't realize I hadn't posted in YAMATO's thread.

He'll finish in my list this time around, but 10 years from now, I expect him to be a Top 30-40 guy. So much raw talent. Does everything right. Sickening amount of charisma. Good babyface, ridiculously great heel.

The aforementioned CIMA and Ricochet matches are great. I'd toss in this match against Mochizuki from mid-2011 as another one to watch.

http://www.openthedragongate.com/2011/05/dead-or-alive-2011-5-5-11/

• 1 month later...