Pro Wrestling Only

Masato Yoshino

Grimmas

• 8 months later...

Guess I didn't post in Yoshino's thread. Odd.

Came here to make a point that I made on Twitter that Yoshino gets overlooked as a great worker because his speed is looked at as more of a gimmick than an asset to his overall ability. We have his entire career on tape (I don't think his Toryumon Mexico stuff has ever popped up but I've barely seen anything from there) and from the first T2P show, he's been very good. In recent years, he's become one of the more well-rounded workers in wrestling. It's led him to becoming the most popular wrestler in the company, or at least on the same level as CIMA.

I think he's one of the better tag workers ever, also. His speed is a great asset in singles matches and it makes his tags standout in a company where tags tend to blend together.

He's a very smart, dramatic worker. I think he has the best "kickout at 2" ever. No one milks that as much and even in front of dead crowds, that seems to get a pop. He's a Top 50 guy for me.

• 6 years later...

One of the better Dragon Gate boys at making himself stand out by having a clear identity in the multi man matches and also by doing exciting shit, but does he have any singles matches where he gives a properly great performance?

I can't realistically see him on my list in 2026

What I watched so far for this and my match ratings
CIMA, Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi vs Roderick Strong, Jack Evans & Austin Aries (30/03/06) ***¾
Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino vs BxB Hulk & Shingo Takagi (15/01/08) ****
Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi vs Takagi Shingo & Dragon Kid (28/11/09) ***¼
CIMA, Dragon Kid & GAMMA vs Naruki Doi, BxB Hulk & Masato Yoshino (27/03/10) ***½
Masato Yoshino vs Masaaki Mochizuki (16/01/14) ****
Masato Yoshino & Syachihoko BOY vs Jimmy Susumu & Jimmy Kagetora (09/04/15) ***½
Masato Yoshino vs PAC (4/12/18) ***½