Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problems here...my opinion is if no on has missed someone in the game this long, the person who points it out should get them...but Leduc should be safe in the draft.

I agree with Gene..... finders keepers. Lutte should get LeDuc now if he wants him.

If we are giving LeDuc to Lutte is Pringle going to Gene then?

I wanted it to be a clear black and white thing... other than rookies... I think rookies like the Vader situation... they should go to draft but full-time active people should go to the finder?

No problems here...my opinion is if no on has missed someone in the game this long, the person who points it out should get them...but Leduc should be safe in the draft.

I agree with Gene..... finders keepers. Lutte should get LeDuc now if he wants him.

If we are giving LeDuc to Lutte is Pringle going to Gene then?

I wanted it to be a clear black and white thing... other than rookies... I think rookies like the Vader situation... they should go to draft but full-time active people should go to the finder?

I don't care either way....I'm not lobbying for Pringle, I already picked up Lars Anderson for that spot.....I just can't see the case to be made for "everyone to get a chance" when no one has noticed they were missing for two years now. But I'm good with whatever the consensus is.

Couple of things I'd like to run with everyone in the Project here:

1- I noticed that Jos LeDuc isn't currently in the database, on anyone's roster or in the free agent list so I wanted to see if anyone would object to have him added, considering that he didn't retire officially until 1995. I have no problem seeing him being added via the Fresh Face draft, like we did with Percy Pringle. I'll just have to wait and pray that he isn't taken before I want him lol

2- Also, this is the tricky part. As you know, Eddie Creatchman is on my roster and while he has been active during the Project through 1984 and 1985, IRL, he missed those two years to care for his ailing wife, who died from cancer in 85. That's when his son Floyd transitioned from wrestler to manager and they co-existed together in the Creatchman Family until the end of the Lutte territory in 1987. So, I was wondering if anyone would object to Floyd being added to the Project & and if I could use him already in a roster spot as soon as he's entered in the game.

Does anyone have objections to either? Any suggestions as well?

Just as a clarification...

1. Jos LeDuc is going to be reinstated to Lutte as of September 1st.

2. Floyd Cretchman will take over for Eddie whenever Edgar makes that transition.

3. Percy Pringle is now a member of the Continental Roster

The rule will be...

If you find someone who is active in real life but not on a roster and claim them... as long as it is not a quick clerical error, they are yours.

UNLESS that person is a rookie or in the business for 1 year. Obviously I put out all the fresh face posts to help that, but it can happen.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• 2 weeks later...

I am genuinely sorry, lads... But I am done with this project, at least for now. I am enjoying taking a somewhat larger role in the lives of my daughters, and I need to make some sacrifices to keep that going.

I enjoyed participating a lot. Thank you all, very much.

Hopefully someone else can take over booking Japan, whether they keep the insane JWA roster or go back to something more traditional.

I am genuinely sorry, lads... But I am done with this project, at least for now. I am enjoying taking a somewhat larger role in the lives of my daughters, and I need to make some sacrifices to keep that going.

I enjoyed participating a lot. Thank you all, very much.

Hopefully someone else can take over booking Japan, whether they keep the insane JWA roster or go back to something more traditional.

I am sorry to see you go but I appreciate what you are gonna be doing.

In terms of Japan... All the gaijin will go to the fresh face draft. All the homesteaders will stay jwa if someone is interested in picking up the roster.

At this point, Boon's roster will also be added to the draft unless he comes back. We will be touch and go on that as it happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey fellas,

Just wanted to send a quick update... the last couple of weeks have been crazy busy for me. I have gotten all of my shows written through the 30th but just have not had a chance to give feedback. I will get going more here in Mid-October as the next couple of weeks will be just as busy. Everything I have seen has been fantastic and you guys are really kicking it into gear.

We will look at doing the fresh face draft in December... which will be here before we know it... and then all individuals drafted will be active on January 1st.

Keep doing work!

I was watching some WCCW from '85 and saw a lot of Dave "DJ" Peterson (whom I had forgotten about). From everything I can find he debuted in late '83 or '84. Looking across the rosters I don't see him unless I just overlooked him. Has he been active in the game and just fell off or did he slip through the cracks, if so I would like to either pick him up or get him added to the '86 Fresh Face draft.