Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of notes to go by...

1. Awesome draft and way to get it finished so quickly!

2. All individuals drafted will not be eligible to start until January 1st. Some say "why do we do this so early?" Well now you have around 20 days to plan and put pieces together in order to make your adjustments for your rosters.

3. PLEASE KEEP AN UPDATED ROSTER AVAILABLE. There is going to be a lot of movement over the next 3 weeks... trades, drafts, free agency... it is a nightmare to try and keep everything up to date... it helps if you keep an up to date version of your roster available. Please post it on the Roster Database or PM me and I will get it updated.

3b. I am going to go in and take out the defunct promotions this evening and get things updated. Please send me or post rosters at your earliest convenience to reflect where you are at now and then come January we'll make moves again.

4. Free Agency... if Kevin still wants to be in charge of this, I would appreciate it. If not someone else could pick it up or I could do it. But what I think is going to happen is that all the guys who were on defunct rosters will go straight to free agency and be able to be picked up tomorrow starting at 8 am central US time. The rookies/fresh faces will go into free agency starting on January 1st. (REMEMBER THAT THE CURRENT CAP IS 49 and will jump to 50 on January 1st) Be sure to be mindful of your roster and post moves where they belong to get to your cap.

5. Freelancers... right now it is Brody, Hansen, Abdullah, & Mascaras... anyone else that should be on this list? Edgar, are you still up for handling the freelancers?

I think that is it for right now... amazing draft... great year... we are about to embark on a very interesting 1986 with some real powerhouse promotions all over and talent to boot. Let me know if you have questions as we get going.

Yes, I'll take care of the freelancers for 1986.

I'm also wondering if we should have a booking thread for the NWA World Champion & World Tag Team Champs like we used to. I was under the thought that despite not being affiliated with the NWA, other territories (aka you, rain & Kevin as well as if other territories join throughout the year) would join.

I'll also keep tabs with the minis & the women as well.

Got a chance to read through everything today. You guys are all doing great work. Looking forward to what we come out swinging with here with the Holidays and then the new year.

For January 1st... there are going to be all the rookie free agents available.

To make things easy... you can only pick one person every 24 hours. This way someone can't come in and pick everyone.

So say I want someone... January 1st is on a Monday. At 8am on Monday, I am going to drop someone and pick someone up. Then I can do it again until the next day. But I can only pick one person at a time... even if I am going to use them for a pack.

Read this through once or twice or three times and make sure we're on the same page so everyone can still get some of the free agents and continue to build rosters.

A very happy holidays to all you guys. Awesome to think we have made it this far with some bumps and bruises but a lot of hard work. I appreciate all the effort going in to what you are putting together. Starrcade is a prime example of how this can still be a group effort and be a great showcase of talent and story building. Awesome job to everyone involved. 1986 has some big happenings and I think we have all got a great battle plan to hit it head on.