Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

I run Wednesdays and a Saturday (rarely a Sunday) every 2 or 3 months. I don't really post house shows so I tend to act like they don't exist when loaning out wrestlers.

I can spare you Bobby Jaggers and Dutch Mantell (two name guys that should be over just about everywhere) on non-Wednesdays and not on July 5th. The Rock 'n' Roll RPMs, Jonathan Boyd and Rip Morgan are also available on those days. Anyone on the roster really, but I went with guys who would be more of a fit for the area you'd be running. Boyd & Morgan I am not sure how long I have plans for. Jaggers and Mantell ould probably never be full members of any roster but PR as long as I am around . They were PR regulars.

I have Steve Strong, who I truly have no room for right now and Brad and Bart Batten who fit that same bill. Strong is kind of like a Jim Powers with slightly more attitude. The Battens I would want to do a trade with the RPMs for down the road as they had a good run in PR. Thing is they only ran one babyface foreginer team. It went from Mark & Jay Youngblood to the RPMs to the Battens if I remember the order of it right. So I'll have the RPMs finish out their run and then swap them for the Battens if you want them. I'd honestly say the RPMs are an upgrade as babyfaces.

If you work the dates out with rainmakerr you can bring in Bigelow and the Sheepherders as featured acts too.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run Wednesdays and a Saturday (rarely a Sunday) every 2 or 3 months. I don't really post house shows so I tend to act like they don't exist when loaning out wrestlers.

I can spare you Bobby Jaggers and Dutch Mantell (two name guys that should be over just about everywhere) on non-Wednesdays and not on July 5th. The Rock 'n' Roll RPMs, Jonathan Boyd and Rip Morgan are also available on those days. Anyone on the roster really, but I went with guys who would be more of a fit for the area you'd be running. Boyd & Morgan I am not sure how long I have plans for. Jaggers and Mantell ould probably never be full members of any roster but PR as long as I am around . They were PR regulars.

I have Steve Strong, who I truly have no room for right now and Brad and Bart Batten who fit that same bill. Strong is kind of like a Jim Powers with slightly more attitude. The Battens I would want to do a trade with the RPMs for down the road as they had a good run in PR. Thing is they only ran one babyface foreginer team. It went from Mark & Jay Youngblood to the RPMs to the Battens if I remember the order of it right. So I'll have the RPMs finish out their run and then swap them for the Battens if you want them. I'd honestly say the RPMs are an upgrade as babyfaces.

If you work the dates out with rainmakerr you can bring in Bigelow and the Sheepherders as featured acts too.

I would love to take Jaggers & Mantel

Here is the roster that Redneck picked from page one of free agency... I am sure there will be some conflicts... please see if we can free these guys up to help him out...

Bart Sawyer

Bugsy McGraw

Bulldog Bob Brown

Denny Brown

Diamond" Timothy Flowers

Gary Royal

Hacksaw Higgins

Jimmy Del Ray

Joe Lightfoot

Mark Lewin

Mike Jackson

Mike Shaw

Mongolian Stomper

Norvell Austin

Pete Doherty

Porkchop Cash

​Ray Stevens

Salvatore Bellamo

Scott Armstrong

Tiger Conway Jr.

Tiger Chung Lee

Tim Horner Currently with WCCW as TV Champion - UWF Roster

Atlantis

Los Villanos (Villano III y Villano IV y Villano V)

It's going to be very hard for JWA to give up Mike Shaw right now, as I've been building him up with long-term future plans in mind. If Captain Redneck wants to bring him and Phil Hickerson over for a one, two, or three-month excursion in August, September, and/or October, that could easily be arranged. I've got my booking sketched out through July, though, and Danger Zone are a part of that.

Also, and this goes for everyone: Any time from August forward, the young guys on my roster like Kawada, Chono, Hashimoto, Takada, Masakatsu Funaki, Kensuke, Hiro Hase, and so on will all be available for excursions for one to six months. Let's have some fun and get them some experience. Really, anyone not holding a title or involved in a big storyline is fair game from August, bu I'd like to focus on the younger guys if possible.

Misawa (debuted in '81, was still working as Tiger Mask in '86 in real life - may be in line to hold a title in JWA soon)

Toshiaki Kawada (debuted in '82, mostly working tags with Fuyuki in real life - currently one half of the JWA Middleweight Tag Champs),

Samson Fuyuki - brawler (debuted in 1980)

Mutoh, Chono, Hashimoto (all debuted in '84), there are already plans in place for Mutoh.

Keiichi Yamada - the Future Jushin Liger (also debuted '84. I don't think the character debuted until '89),

Hiroshi Hase technical and brawling (rookie, but he got pushed right out of the gate in real life),

Naoki Sano versatile, shoot style (also a member fof the '84 NJPW dojo class),

Masakatsu Funaki - shoot style (Debuted 85)

Nobuhiko Takada - striker (debuted '81, was leading the invading UWF army with Maeda in '86 in real life).

Kensuke Sasaki - power style (rookie)

Tatsutoshi Goto - Blonde heel (debuted in '82)

I would like to proudly announce the return of Big Time Wrestling out of San Francisco California. More details to follow.

Do you know what your schedule and venue will be? I run shows out of the Cow Palace every second Friday of the month, but can work around your schedule, and even find a new venue if needs be.

I would like to proudly announce the return of Big Time Wrestling out of San Francisco California. More details to follow.

Do you know what your schedule and venue will be? I run shows out of the Cow Palace every second Friday of the month, but can work around your schedule, and even find a new venue if needs be.

Not yet. My main shows will be at the Cow Palace.

Also, and this goes for everyone: Any time from August forward, the young guys on my roster like Kawada, Chono, Hashimoto, Takada, Masakatsu Funaki, Kensuke, Hiro Hase, and so on will all be available for excursions for one to six months. Let's have some fun and get them some experience. Really, anyone not holding a title or involved in a big storyline is fair game from August, bu I'd like to focus on the younger guys if possible.

I could take on Chono for 6 months.

I could take on Chono for 6 months.

He's all yours. I look forward to reading about what he gets up to in San Francisco. How about July through December?

Like I told you in private, Captain Redneck, you haven't produced anything yet and in the past, we've seen a few guys who joined and said they would stick around and disappeared in a matter of days. It would be counterproductive to add someone to the NWA if we don't know if he'll stick around. Should you prove us wrong, we can revisit the possibility. And as I also wrote you, you can also request talents from other promoters for one-night appearances. It's not because you're not officially affiliated with another territory that it means we can't work together.

Like I told you in private, Captain Redneck, you haven't produced anything yet and in the past, we've seen a few guys who joined and said they would stick around and disappeared in a matter of days. It would be counterproductive to add someone to the NWA if we don't know if he'll stick around. Should you prove us wrong, we can revisit the possibility. And as I also wrote you, you can also request talents from other promoters for one-night appearances. It's not because you're not officially affiliated with another territory that it means we can't work together.

Well, you apparently said that I don't play well with others. This is what you wrote:

2) Your initial attitude of unthankfulness has rubbed people the wrong way. It may not be the intent you wanted to project but that is the vibe you gave many people in the way you answered comments and questions. We are always willing to help out newcomers joining the game but we don't expect them to ask us to hand them over anything.

Tell me what I've done wrong specifically.