Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to give a shoutout to everyone here so far, doing a great job with the territories. Only thing missing would be a kayfabe magazine like PWI or something. Speaking of which, anyone remembers that guy who posted in this thread he wanted to do something like that for the Project? Wonder what happened to that.

I got a chance to go through and catalog the WWF today. Put together the Main Event, Saturday Night's Main Event, and WrestleMania results and updated title histories. Crazy how fast time has flown by and to see all the stuff I've written in this one promotion and then all the subsequent stuff everyone else has done and our feedback and such. Just been a fun trip to go back and look at all of it and emphasize how important it is that we all give feedback and insight into what each other is doing and the growth within our promotions. 

Just a heads up, my second week of the month is my West Coast swing, which goes as follows :

Friday : San Francisco

Saturday : Seattle (it used to be Portland, but I moved when the Portland territory opened up)

Sunday : Eugene

I am good with Portland running shows in Seattle and Eugene, just asking that they don't do it on Saturday and Sunday.

Anyway, there's no need to follow a touring schedule exactly like it was IRL. Glad to see that this got resolved quickly and without any controversy. However, perhaps the best course of action for miz this time should've been to talk with rain in private about Portland specifically although in those circumstances, Kevin was of great help with other venues in the Pacific Northwest.

All's well that ends well. :)

2 hours ago, rainmakerrtv said:

Just a heads up, my second week of the month is my West Coast swing, which goes as follows :

Friday : San Francisco

Saturday : Seattle (it used to be Portland, but I moved when the Portland territory opened up)

Sunday : Eugene

I am good with Portland running shows in Seattle and Eugene, just asking that they don't do it on Saturday and Sunday.

I can appreciate the way that you phrased everything here but aren't we a little bit past the idea that someone can't run a town on a specific day; especially if Portland is home-based out there? On top of the fact that Portland also has the backing of the NWA? 

I know WWF, World Class and uwf all run shows in Houston. That doesn't deter me from running a show there on a given day regardless of who else is running there if it's that day or another.

I think that this may harken back to what dawho brought up with television and such and how promotion could grow with that kind of visibility. 

In this matter miz is cool with whatever but I know this may be a point of contention as we continue through the 80s and some companies continue to grow.

At one point, it's one discussion we'll have to have altogether when we'll want to expose the visibility of our territories in North America. It's only a normal step at one point for everyone to want to expand. And we'll have to do it in a way that will satisfy everybody.

I suppose it is a bit of a moot point. As I tend to say, there is more than enough imaginary audience for all of  us. It's just a courtesy I am asking so that I can maintain the presence I had built up in the Pacific Northwest before Miz joined the project, while trying on my own part to respect his territory. Houston was a large city with multiple venues (Astrodome, Sam Houston, Summit , etc.) that could conceivably have multiple events on the same day. Not so likely with Eugene, Oregon. What would happen if I posted an event taking place in one city on the same day another promoter posted one in the same city? Nothing, really. I'm just trying to avoid Miz and myself stepping on each others' toes.

19 minutes ago, rainmakerrtv said:

I suppose it is a bit of a moot point. As I tend to say, there is more than enough imaginary audience for all of  us. It's just a courtesy I am asking so that I can maintain the presence I had built up in the Pacific Northwest before Miz joined the project, while trying on my own part to respect his territory. Houston was a large city with multiple venues (Astrodome, Sam Houston, Summit , etc.) that could conceivably have multiple events on the same day. Not so likely with Eugene, Oregon. What would happen if I posted an event taking place in one city on the same day another promoter posted one in the same city? Nothing, really. I'm just trying to avoid Miz and myself stepping on each others' toes.

I agree with you to a point. It's not crazy to think that with Portland being based in Portland he would take some of that momentum from AWA which is based in Minnesota which would change  the scope of that area in the future as long as miz continues to post and build his promotion there.

The big thing will come with myself and the NWA with 1987 introducing ppv and both companies expanding to areas they may not be in now. The schematics of don't post in Minneapolis or Milwaukee or Chicago or Atlanta or Baltimore on Saturday or Sunday may be hard to come by as those days come closer.

It could become a problem for some territories here. I know that for instance, me in Canada, dawho in PR and both gordi & Grimmas in Japan, this won't be a problem because we don't plan a full-fledged expansion - at least not me. But it's conceivable for the US promotions  here that this could become one. So, it will all be about fairplay and communication.

Fro m my point of view i run the same venue most Saturday for tv an 1 other select date every few weeks on a Friday with a potential Saturday closed circuit show some where down the road but not for a few months at least the Friday venues will b all over the oregon/kptv signal area to bring the action to the fans. 

am I ok to use local teams an celebs on my shows no one huge like mr.T an not in wrestling roles just people the local people would like to see to help attract bigger crowds?

I don't see the problem with shared towns at all.  It shouldn't be a huge deal as long as it's not on the same night.  I'd say even with the NWA-AWA-WWF dynamic we generally work together on most everything.  And it has worked out well so far.  Why change a good thing?

Also, if rain is already running his Western dates in Oregon on different days than Miz already, there is no issue to address.  The only time it becomes a problem is when the two dates coincide.

For me, I try to book the venues pretty close to real life at this time, even when I venture out a bit. For example, eventually I'll head out west for a couple loops but I wont book the Oakland Coliseum or Cow Palace, instead I'll book the Kaiser Convention Center and Civic Auditorium.