Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

On 8/3/2018 at 7:17 PM, SirEdger said:

Just want to give a shoutout to everyone here so far, doing a great job with the territories. Only thing missing would be a kayfabe magazine like PWI or something. Speaking of which, anyone remembers that guy who posted in this thread he wanted to do something like that for the Project? Wonder what happened to that.

I have something in the cooker but it all is up to everyone else to help. I can organize is and put it all together with input from others.

What I'd need is 

1. A main/cover story (one will be chosen from those sent but yours will still be published)

2. A minor story

3. Your top 5 or 10 for singles and tags for rankings.

If we wanted to get this done... Everyone would just need to put these three things in a pm and get it to me by say September 1st and I could put it together with pictures and such.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the cool thing about it is, say you get me your story by September 1st, I won't type it up and be done with it for at least a week so you could write about something that maybe would happen between September 1st and 7th when the issue date would be and it could be a big surprise or you could write a story about something that hasn't happened yet but could be happening in the future which could then also build intrigue into your promotion.. 

While we're at it....I know that we agreed to use fake jobbers on TV every once in a while but I was wondering if it'd be feasible to sign some free agents on some one-night deals to use on some shows like TV or other spot shows. There are some pretty good guys who could fill that role while remaining free agents. I think that this could be an interesting alternative to jobber packs (for those who have some) and it could also be pretty useful to build the guys like the Fresh Face draftees.

Sorry to see some form of drama (as Edger referenced) be the cause of several good writers stepping our of their positions. Have enjoyed reading all of your hard work as time has permitted me. Whether it's long timers I've known like the great Gene Jackson, or guys I've met in recent years like LowBlow, or even guys I feel I did my best to help hone their craft in this hobby like Spaldoni and Kevin before they made it here to PWO. I've enjoyed all of your guys creativity. 

I certainly hope everyone continues to show off their writing talents in some form. 

Hey guys, as acting moderator of the fantasy forum I had hoped to have a new thread up here by tomorrow night for some fun discussions about the reorganization of some of the threads and whatnot, but I felt it wise to make a post here first to prevent any more decisions from being hastily made without going through the proper channels.

To prevent anyone from making any hasty decisions without any time to really process the circumstances that have recently transpired, it is my decision to FREEZE the rosters of the writers who have recently relinquished their positions. Those territories include the WWF, WCCW, and Lutte Internationale. 

This is a short term temporary move and is only being done to ensure everyone a fair shake. Everything should be sorted within the next 24 - 48 hours and by then we should know what is going on with these rosters. The very first thing I'd like to do is ask those writers who left to please think things over and maybe contemplate returning to their writing positions. 

As it stands, with the league President quitting, no one writer currently has the authority to disperse a roster or hand the roster to a new writer. I support this league's "majority vote" style of decision making, but things should still be given more than a moments notice before simply moving on.

I feel everyone here has good intentions, but rushing to make these types of decisions could prove to be disastrous to the league over the long haul. 

That said, I really look forward to hearing from all of you and getting some feedback as we get the older threads more organized and get all of the currently relevant threads in a nice tidy area for easy access.

Yeah, I will second the need for patience here.  I was pushing for a two week period to allow new writers a chance at the full promotions with rosters intact (once everything shook out with current writers) after agreed upon trades before we started trying to disperse them.

I'd like to hold off on saying who is going where until we know what everyone is open to.  Maybe Grimmas wants the WWF, maybe he doesn't.  If he does we have to find a fair way to decide between Grimmas and Miz on that.  If both have multiple promotions they would like to run, they can probably figure out what works best.  That failing we just do a random number or some other fair way of deciding.  I do think we need somebody in New York though.  It's hard to imagine the WWF with that roster folding.

Regardless of what happens with WCCW we need to get Kerry (the current NWA World champ) working somewhere that is operating sooner rather than later.  The NWA 6-man titles can languish for a bit, but the World title has to be somewhere in operation.  If that promotion needs to do a temporary trade to the WCCW roster in order to make that work so be it.  It's the one thing I think we need to do with those rosters.

I am absolutely willing to work with whatever anybody has in mind on re-organizing things.  Just let me know what goes where and I'll try and figure it out. :)

I totally agree on Kerry Von Erich. He's the NWA Champ and needs to be working. Just an idea, maybe for now,  the current NWA members can at least have him defending at House Shows in the different territories. That would keep him traveling and still gives him exposure throughout the NWA. 

I agree with patience and I am sorry if I was thinking too quickly here.  As far as Kerry VonErich is concernned, we do have the page already set up where we can all book him for whatever dates we want so even if we don't officially trade him we can have all use him.  Same could go for the Road Warriors and Freebirds