Photo

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

1784 replies to this topic

#1761 SirEdger

SirEdger

Eternal nostalgic...especially about wrestling

• Members
  • 1813 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:36 PM

I think it's fair enough for everyone!

#1762 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 1600 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:35 PM

Sounds good!

#1763 rainmakerrtv

rainmakerrtv
  • Members
  • 1395 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:18 PM

Seems perfectly cromulent to me, all good.

#1764 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 2510 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:57 PM

cromulent. adjective. Appearing legitimate but actually being spurious

spurious adjective not being what it purports to be; false or fake.

#1765 rainmakerrtv

rainmakerrtv
  • Members
  • 1395 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:38 AM

Cromulent

A word meaning valid or acceptable, coined by David X. Cohen for theSimpsons episode "Lisa the Iconoclast".

#1766 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 2510 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:01 AM

Cromulent

A word meaning valid or acceptable, coined by David X. Cohen for theSimpsons episode "Lisa the Iconoclast".

Google needs to get her shit together.

#1767 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 1813 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:37 PM

Basically, rain meant to say that he's alright with this!  :lol:

#1768 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1203 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:35 PM

I am genuinely sorry, lads... But I am done with this project, at least for now. I am enjoying taking a somewhat larger role in the lives of my daughters, and I need to make some sacrifices to keep that going.

I enjoyed participating a lot. Thank you all, very much.

Hopefully someone else can take over booking Japan, whether they keep the insane JWA roster or go back to something more traditional.

#1769 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 2510 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:56 PM

I am genuinely sorry, lads... But I am done with this project, at least for now. I am enjoying taking a somewhat larger role in the lives of my daughters, and I need to make some sacrifices to keep that going.

I enjoyed participating a lot. Thank you all, very much.

Hopefully someone else can take over booking Japan, whether they keep the insane JWA roster or go back to something more traditional.

I am sorry to see you go but I appreciate what you are gonna be doing.

In terms of Japan... All the gaijin will go to the fresh face draft. All the homesteaders will stay jwa if someone is interested in picking up the roster.

At this point, Boon's roster will also be added to the draft unless he comes back. We will be touch and go on that as it happens.

#1770 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 1813 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:03 PM

Sorry to see you go, gordi, but family comes first and that's perfectly understandable. It was really fun to have you around and I hope you'll pop up once in a while! ;)

#1771 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1203 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:44 AM

Thanks for understanding

#1772 rainmakerrtv

rainmakerrtv
  • Members
  • 1395 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:49 AM

Thanks so much for your contributions to the project, gordi. I understand how other things must take priority. Hope to still see you around.

#1773 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1203 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:27 AM

I'll definitely still be around from time to time. Thanks. 

#1774 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 2510 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:34 AM

Hey fellas,

Just wanted to send a quick update... the last couple of weeks have been crazy busy for me. I have gotten all of my shows written through the 30th but just have not had a chance to give feedback. I will get going more here in Mid-October as the next couple of weeks will be just as busy. Everything I have seen has been fantastic and you guys are really kicking it into gear.

We will look at doing the fresh face draft in December... which will be here before we know it... and then all individuals drafted will be active on January 1st. 

Keep doing work!

#1775 GeneJackson95

GeneJackson95

King of All Wrestling Media

• Members
  • 539 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling (obviously), Comedy, and that's about it.

Posted Yesterday, 09:40 AM

I was watching some WCCW from '85 and saw a lot of Dave "DJ" Peterson (whom I had forgotten about). From everything I can find he debuted in late '83 or '84. Looking across the rosters I don't see him unless I just overlooked him. Has he been active in the game and just fell off or did he slip through the cracks, if so I would like to either pick him up or get him added to the '86 Fresh Face draft.

#1776 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 1600 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:01 AM

I would have no problem with you using him now.  To be honest, I have some fears that we are down to 6 people left in the game which means that there could be up to almost 200 people in the draft and with it being only 3 rounds.... I am unsure if DJ Peterson would be in the top 18.

#1777 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 2510 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:24 AM

I would have no problem with you using him now.  To be honest, I have some fears that we are down to 6 people left in the game which means that there could be up to almost 200 people in the draft and with it being only 3 rounds.... I am unsure if DJ Peterson would be in the top 18.

Where is the 200 coming from?

The only roster being thrown in is Boons at this point. If Dragon stops then we will put his in as well. A majority of those guys are piece players to fit specific holes. Those names along with the 3 from Japan and then the original fresh faces are nowhere near 200 are they?

#1778 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 1813 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:11 AM

Personally, even if we're only 6 at this point, it's not like we haven't had this situation before. And we're a solid core six so I don't really see an issue at the moment. Ever since I joined last year, some people came and went so I'm not worried about that. I'm sure we're gonna fill some other slots eventually.

As for the DJ Peterson situation, it would be highly hypocritical of me to even be against him being used on Gene's roster, given the similar situation happened to me merely weeks ago with Jos LeDuc & Floyd Creatchman. So, I'm absolutely 100% for this.

#1779 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 1600 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:26 AM

Sorry worded it wrong.

I agree.  6 Is fine.  I just mean that when the draft comes along and if we are still at 6, free agency will have more choices so I think Gene should have DJ now

#1780 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 2510 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:05 PM

Yes, DJ to Gene now. That fits with what we've been doing. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users