Pro Wrestling Only

Given that the Rugby World Cup is Pro Wrestling, I'd book the upcoming Bayley/Sasha iron-woman match exactly like Wales/England. Valiant, likable face vs smug, over-confident heel. In the first half of the match, which has been close, the heel suddenly takes the lead. Despite this, she's not able to put her opponent away for another fall to kill the match off, with the face still going toe-to-toe with her. Early in the second half of the match (about 15-16 mins in), the face suddenly suffers a nasty injury, but fights on with guts and determination, winning the hearts of all-remaining neutrals. From out of nowhere, the face lands one big blow to level things up, sending the crowd into a frenzy. Even more amazingly, with 7 minutes left the face takes the lead! Despite this, with 4 mins left,the twists aren't over, as the heel gets the face in a prone situation. She could lock in a submission for a quick fall to level things up, but instead goes for a high-risk move that backfires, as the sheer will-to-win of the face causes her to get back up one more time and drive the heel out of the ring. The bell goes to show the end of the match, as the face stands tall.

Match of the year! Match of the year!

Given that the Rugby World Cup is Pro Wrestling, I'd book the upcoming Bayley/Sasha iron-woman match exactly like Wales/England. Valiant, likable face vs smug, over-confident heel. In the first half of the match, which has been close, the heel suddenly takes the lead. Despite this, she's not able to put her opponent away for another fall to kill the match off, with the face still going toe-to-toe with her. Early in the second half of the match (about 15-16 mins in), the face suddenly suffers a nasty injury, but fights on with guts and determination, winning the hearts of all-remaining neutrals. From out of nowhere, the face lands one big blow to level things up, sending the crowd into a frenzy. Even more amazingly, with 7 minutes left the face takes the lead! Despite this, with 4 mins left,the twists aren't over, as the heel gets the face in a prone situation. She could lock in a submission for a quick fall to level things up, but instead goes for a high-risk move that backfires, as the sheer will-to-win of the face causes her to get back up one more time and drive the heel out of the ring. The bell goes to show the end of the match, as the face stands tall.

Match of the year! Match of the year!

Poetry, I was gonna say the match was a perfrectly booked underdog wrestling bout.

Stupidly, I underestimated train times, and elected to go and watch Coventry lose to Bury on Saturday, thinking I'd be home in time for kick-off. When it became clear I wouldn't be, I got my girlfriend to record it and went through a Likely Lads-esque mission to avoid hearing anyone talking about the game and ignoring the buzzing of my phone (which thankfully ran out of battery on my tram ride home). Such an incredible match, probably the best game I can remember watching.

• 2 weeks later...