Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Butch Reed vs Dutch Mantell 7/26/85

I like Mantell mocking Reed early. Dutch is a master of that Memphis psychology and it's on full display here. Watching Dutch get heat on Butch is a thing of beauty. It's simple, but real effective. Watching Dutch work the crowd. Looking like Butch was making a comeback, but Dutch cut him off. Now Butch makes a comeback and we go right to a finish. This had no sound. Man this started out great. If we would have built to a finish. 2 3/4*

Just watched Al Perez vs. Dick Murdoch and it was a fun little short match. I'm too tired to watch anything longer right now but the JYD, Duggan, Tito Santana vs. Butch Reed, Volkoff & Darsow 6 man tag is going to be the first thing I watch tomorrow.

I did finally watch this last night and really didn't care for it. It was an elimination style 6 man tag and all the eliminations were of the "we have to make sure we protect this guy!" variety and then the finish to the match was pretty overbooked and yea I didn't like this.

Butch Reed vs Dutch Mantell 7/26/85

I like Mantell mocking Reed early. Dutch is a master of that Memphis psychology and it's on full display here. Watching Dutch get heat on Butch is a thing of beauty. It's simple, but real effective. Watching Dutch work the crowd. Looking like Butch was making a comeback, but Dutch cut him off. Now Butch makes a comeback and we go right to a finish. This had no sound. Man this started out great. If we would have built to a finish. 2 3/4*

I really enjoyed this match a lot when I watched it. I didn't think it was a great match (although it was pretty darn good) but it was a great performance by both guys especially Dutch.

Sonny King vs. Masao Ito isn't a great match but I would say it's worth the 10 minutes of time to watch it. There's some fun schtick in the beginning although it goes a little too far into the "referee is made to be the heel" territory when referee Ron West keeps making Sonny King break holds due to Ito complaining about non-existent hair pulling.

I hope some more Masao Ito matches pop up, I liked him in both his matches that are up right now.

Butch Reed vs Kamala 7/12/85

Reed is one of Kamala's all time best opponents. Reed is wearing war paint in this. We start with Reed kicking Kamala's ass all the way outside the ring. Back in Kamala takes over . He uses nerve holds zzzzzz, but it makes sense for the character. Reed is working hard underneath. Still for the most part the match misses the mark. 1 1/2*

Reed is one of Kamala's all time best opponents. Reed is wearing war paint in this. We start with Reed kicking Kamala's ass all the way outside the ring. Back in Kamala takes over . He uses nerve holds zzzzzz, but it makes sense for the character. Reed is working hard underneath. Still for the most part the match misses the mark. 1 1/2*

I was getting ready to needle you about watching this match when I said it sucked but I apparently forgot to write that when I was going on about Butch Reed needing new tights.I also realized upon going back a few pages that I missed your review of that 6 man elimination tag match that I wish I hadn't spent 25 minutes on.

I really should watch some of the Gino Hernandez matches but I don't want to like him more than I already do because it will just make me more bitter about how I couldn't get him in the fantasy draft to give an actual ending to the Gino/Tully Southwest feud.

I was getting ready to needle you about watching this match when I said it sucked but I apparently forgot to write that when I was going on about Butch Reed needing new tights.I also realized upon going back a few pages that I missed your review of that 6 man elimination tag match that I wish I hadn't spent 25 minutes on.

I really should watch some of the Gino Hernandez matches but I don't want to like him than I already do because it will just make me more bitter about how I couldn't get him in the fantasy draft to give an actual ending to the Gino/Tully Southwest feud.

Mr. Southwest better watch some Gino.

Nightmare vs Dick Murdoch 10/11/85

This is a loaded card. It's a card with some great punches. This match wasn't on the Mid-South set. What an amazing rope running spot with the pay off being a Dick Murdoch punch.Dick going after the mask. A flying head scissors by Dick, and he goes after the mask. Dick twists the mask around and Murdoch tees off on him with great punches. Atomic drop on the chair , eat that Nightmare. Another great punch that pops the crowd thanks to the ref. Dick after the mask. This has been a great shine sequence. Nightmare putting the boots to Murdoch. Murdoch gets Gilbert's cain and blasts Nightmre for the win.3 1/4*

On twitter Tharpe announced the David Von Erich and Bruser Brody matches are coming soon. It look like it's coming from this card. Hopefully the other Harley/Andre match shows up, along with Boc and Dusty.

Boesch @ Houston, TX - Sam Houston Coliseum - October 13, 1978
Coconut Willie & Cowboy Lang d. Billy the Kid & Little Tokyo
Al Madril d. Bill White
Tiger Conway Jr. fought White Knight to a draw
Texas Women's Title: Suzette Ferrara © d. Joyce Grable
Brass Knuckles Title: Bruiser Brody © d. Rocky Johnson
Texas Heavyweight Title: Gino Hernandez © d. David Von Erich
AWA World Heavyweight Title: Nick Bockwinkel © d. Dusty Rhodes
2 out of 3 falls for the NWA World Heavyweight Title: Harley Race © battled Andre the Giant to a double countout

These will apparently be the next 7 matches uploaded:

KERRY VON ERICH vs. KAMALA

GINO HERNANDEZ vs. NICK KOZAK

ROCKY JOHNSON vs. BRUISER BRODY

HECTOR GUERRERO vs. JOSE LOTHARIO

BUDDY LANDELL vs. AL MADRIL

THE FANTASTICS vs. DUTCH MANTELL and BILL DUNDEE

DUSTY RHODES / LEROY BROWN vs. GARY HART / KILLER KRUPP

Ted Dibiase vs Bob Sweetan 10/11/85

This is a taped fist match and it made the Mid-South set. This was just a kick ass double juice brawl. It was hate filled with both guys trying to bust each other open. Once they did they went to town on the cut. Good stuff. 3 1/2*

These will apparently be the next 7 matches uploaded:

KERRY VON ERICH vs. KAMALA

GINO HERNANDEZ vs. NICK KOZAK

ROCKY JOHNSON vs. BRUISER BRODY

HECTOR GUERRERO vs. JOSE LOTHARIO

BUDDY LANDELL vs. AL MADRIL

THE FANTASTICS vs. DUTCH MANTELL and BILL DUNDEE

DUSTY RHODES / LEROY BROWN vs. GARY HART / KILLER KRUPP

Nothing here blows me away, I assume Guerrero v. Lothario and Fans and Mantell/Dundee are matches we have see before

• Loss unpinned this topic