Pro Wrestling Only

WWF results and recaps

JerryvonKramer

Thanks for the feedback. I may be double dipping with the rosters, but Dibiase is already on the books for WWF and this could be a huge turning point if he beats Backlund to get a shot at Bock while in Mid South he could retain the title and kick the dog to the curb. Or he could lose in one place and go for the title in the other. He could also lose both and not have a job. It is an interesting predicament.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun shows with lots of cool stories going on with the Bock/Heenan dominance, Dibiase trying to take out Backlund, Funk/Briscos/Andersons, Steamboat/Savage, and Andre dipping his giant toe into the main event picture.

Hasn't lost a step in the transition from JVK to LBP and if I hadn't checked the poster of each show, I don't think I'd have even noticed the difference writer. Other than the influx of Mid-South talent to create a fully loaded super promotion.

1926208.jpg

WWF Live @ the Boston Garden - Tuesday September 20th 1983

{Gary Michael Cappetta announces the arrival of Gorilla Monsoon!}

Gorilla: Welcome everyone to the Boston Garden! Gorilla Monsoon here calling the action for you tonight and we’ve got a great card for you. Top to bottom, this is an event that will be envied by all. Tonight in the main event, Bob Backlund and Ted Dibiase will do battle. The winner will get a shot at the world champion next week in the Meadowlands, but the loser must leave the WWF. It is going to be a happening inside the fifteen foot high steel cage. Also tonight, that world championship will be on the line when champion Nick Bockwinkel defends against the Junkyard Dog. The JYD is looking for a measure of revenge from issues stemming back a month ago. Tonight could be the night he gets that revenge and that world championship. The Intercontinental Championship is on the line tonight as Randy Savage takes on champion Ricky Steamboat. We know these two can go the distance and tonight the title will be on the line and only one man will walk out with the gold. Right now it is time to head to the ring and see two great tag teams here in the WWF.

The Fantastics vs Tiger Chung Lee & Mr. Fuji

{Another opening opportunity for Fulton and Rogers who have put together a nice little following for themselves during their tenure in the WWF. Tiger Chung Lee and Fuji have got a lot of history with one another and have some great experience and it shows tonight. Once again, it is an interesting contest with the Fantastics bringing some fast paced offense while Lee and Fuji slow the pace down and work some nice heat. This contest sees Fuji and Lee do their best to just destroy the knee of Bobby Fulton. Rogers is on the other side of the ring just going wild with the crowd and out of nowhere Fulton leaps for a huge tag to Rogers who comes in like a house of fire. Some big rights and lefts and dropkicks that send Lee and Fuji flying! The crowd is rocking but Lee and Fuji find a way to get back. They are doubling up on Rogers but it is Fulton who heads to the top rope and you know that knee is hurting him as he jumps with one leg and cross body on Fuji! Rogers breaks off of Tiger and hits the ropes and ducks a clothesline but then comes up his back and turns him over for a CRUCIFIX and the 1….2….3!!! THE FANTASTICS HAVE WON IT! The crowd pops and Rogers and Fulton grasp! Fuji and Lee can’t believe it!}

Gorilla: Can you believe it? Tommy Rogers and Bobby Fulton with a huge victory tonight. These two youngsters are on the rocket to super stardom in my opinion. Tiger Chung Lee and Fuji better get back to the drawing board. When you talk about the tag team titles, no one better right now than the Andersons. If you ask me, these guys didn’t get the titles the right way, but they are holding on to them by hook of by crook. I have been told that Billy Robinson is looking for a tag team partner and when he finds one, I can imagine he will have a good shot at taking those titles. Right now he is in action against Arn Anderson, let’s go to the ring.

Billy Robinson vs Arn Anderson w/ Ole Anderson

{Ole makes his way down with Double A and this Boston crowd is giving these guys the business. They know what it is all about and the Andersons love it. Billy Robinson is creating a great buzz for himself right now and Gorilla puts him over in a big way. This is a fun little 15-minute contest with Double A getting taught a little lesson by Billy. A fun catch as catch can encounter with a solid move to move transition. Robinson is looking like he could finish off the youngest Anderson but Ole with a trip and Billy isn’t having that! He steps out of the ring and here we go! Arn and Billy are throwing some big rights and lefts as Dick Woehrle calls for the bell and the DQ finish. Arn comes out of the ring and he attacks Robinson from behind as officials and agents run down and break this brawl up.}

Gorilla: You’ve got to be kidding me. Ole Anderson saw Arn was going down and he jumps in there and now the contest is thrown out. Lemme tell ya, there are plenty of people out there looking to get their hands on the world tag team titles. One of them I know is coming up in our next showcase contest. This one is a special tag team match. Andre the Giant said he was interested in those tag team titles and he said he was looking for a partner, perhaps Robinson is it, but tonight he is teaming with none other than Mil Mascaras! They are taking on one of the most brutal teams in wrestling, Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody. Here we go folks.

Andre the Giant & Mil Mascaras vs Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen

{Brody and Hansen are wild men coming down to the ring. Andre then comes out to an amazing ovation from the Boston crowd who is extremely happy to see him. He steps in the ring but Brody and Hansen are on the attack. The crowd is going nuts and here comes Andre’s partner, all the way from Mexico… Mil Mascaras! Mil runs down and he goes up top and leaps off the top rope onto Brody and Hansen. This is a wild brawl as the referee is having a hard time keeping each man where they need to be. We get moment or two of actual wrestling with Mascaras in the ring but this one loses control quickly. Brody and Hansen continue to step into the ring together while Andre comes with to join Mascaras and both teams are counted out as they don’t answer the five count. This one continues to come unhinged and Andre doesn’t seem happy.}

Gorilla: Pure pandemonium here in Boston folks. This one is just gotten outta hand and the referee had no choice. You’ve got to wonder what will happen with these four men in the future. The fans in this arena are continuing to buzz. You can hear the music right now, the World Championship is on the line. Coming down to the ring right now is the challenger and he’s got these people going wild. Fans, tonight it has been proven that anything can happen, will history be made?

WWF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

The Junkyard Dog vs Nick Bockwinkel © w/ Bobby Heenan

{The JYD comes out to a great ovation. The Brain joins Bockwinkel and you know that these guys aren’t the most popular men in the building due to their recent history. This is a slower, methodical type contest. Bock does his best to build the contest. JYD gets some fun offense in to get things going and really sparks the crowd. Bock takes his time to slow things down and really work his offense. The crowd watches on and slowly begins to build back up as the JYD begins to go for broke. Bock is starting to bump around for the Dog and he is looking to take a bite out of the champion. He hoists him up and oh my… the THUMP! Heenan is going nuts and JYD goes over and grabs him. The crowd is about to boil over and they want to see it… JYD reaches throw and clocks Heenan! The problem is that Bockwinkel runs from behind with a knee and he thrusts JYD into the ringpost! JYD stumbles back and Bock grabs him for a PILEDRIVER! JYD is out for the 1….2… KICK OUT! Bock didn’t hit all of it and the Dog still has life! Bock is pleading with the referee and the JYD gets up and he is getting some big right hands and Bock is backing up! The title could be changing hands before he knows it! JYD backs him up and some huge chops. he then picks up Bockwinkel for a suplex but Heenan grabs the JYD’s foot! He falls and Bock is on top of him for the 1….2…3! BOCKWINKEL HAS WON IT! the fans are just going NUTS! Bock and Heenan are grasping the title! The JYD isn’t happy one bit. Gorilla Monsoon is going wild on commentary and says this is completely unacceptable.}

*15-MINUTE INTERMISSION*

Gorilla: Fans we’re back. This is an atrocity if you as me. Nick Bockwinkel and Bobby Heenan are two of the shadiest characters in the sport. They snuck away with one here. Lemme tell ya, I know the Junkyard Dog… he will get his hands on Bockwinkel one way or another. It is time for more action, let’s take it to the ring.

Jack Brisco vs Dory Funk

{Gorilla puts over the first real meeting of these two after all the issues we’ve seen occur over the past month. These guys go around 18-minutes and it begins with some good wresting and turns into a punch for punch brawl. These guys are looking to break each other apart at any costs and the referee is doing his best to keep order. Jack and Dory know one another and it shows through inside the ring. These guys each try to finish the other but nothing doing. Gorilla says these guys are putting everything out there and Jack Brisco looks to be throwing everything he can out there. He is trying to wear down the leg and soften him up. Dory does much of the same and he looks to break down Jack and looks for the spinning toe hold but Jack with a leg lock breaks him down and then he looks for the Figure Four but Dory rolls him through for a roll up but it looks like Jack is on top for a two count and Dory rolls through for a 1…2…3! He had a hand full of tights and Gorilla is going nuts putting it over.}

Gorilla: I can’t say I have been overly happy with the officiating tonight but these guys have got their hands full. I know we haven’t seen the last of Funk and Brisco. I know there is already talk of them meeting again. Our next contest is a rematch and it is for the Intercontinental Championship. These two guys know what it is all about and with that title on the line, anything could happen.

WWF INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Ricky Steamboat © vs Randy Savage

{For all the chaos we have seen tonight, this one takes the fans into the middle of the ring for an amazing contest. Savage and Steamboat go through an amazing series with some huge deep arm drags and flying all over the ring. They even take the fight outside the ring as Savage and Steamboat are bringing out the absolute best in one another. A highlight is seeing Steamboat run the apron and fly towards Savage who blocks it and throws him into the guardrail! Steamboat is selling it pretty hard as Savage is looking to tear his throat from his body. Savage is pounding with rights and lefts as he tosses him into the ring and uses the ropes to his advantage. Steamboat has got the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand and Savage looks to finish things off as we approach the time limit. We have just moments remaining. Savage with a big piledriver! Savage goes up to the rope… Steamboat gets up and Savage with a DOUBLE AXE HANDLE SMASH! Steamboat collapses down in the middle of the ring and Savage is looking to do it one more time. Savage goes up top and Steamboat is there as Savage leaps for a cross body but Steamboat catches him and rolls through for a 1…2…3!! STEAMBOAT HAS WON IT! Savage can’t believe it as he grabs the referee! Savage is going NUTS! Steamboat is grasping his throat and holding on to the title. Randy Savage grabs the microphone and says he wants Steamboat next week in the Meadowlands and he wants it to be an anything goes match. He says he is tired of time limits and rules… he wants nothing to stop him from winning the title.}

Gorilla: A big victory there by Ricky Steamboat, Savage seems to think he deserves another match, but I don’t know if Steamboat would be smart to give him one. It could be one of the biggest battles we’ve had in the WWF in quite some time, but I think our next contest might set the bar pretty high. After this one, only one man will remain in the WWF and the other must leave. The cage is being assembled, but you know these two will do whatever it takes to tear it down. Let’s see who will remain when this is all said and done.

MAIN EVENT

CAGE MATCH

LOSER LEAVES TOWN

Bob Backlund vs Ted Dibiase

{Both men get a good reaction from the crowd as they step inside the ominous cage. This one starts off hot with both men using the steel and Dibiase getting busted open early and it looks to be a gusher. There is a pool of blood right now in the corner of the ring and Backlund is doing everything he can to wear him down. Dibiase somehow gets a second wind and he is the one who wears down Backlund. Dibiase looks pretty strong in the second half of the contest and it is Backlund who is hurting. Dibiase seems to be focused on wearing his shoulder down. He is using the ropes and the cage to break him down his shoulder. Backlund is holding that arm down and Dibiase locks him in a camel clutch type lock and Gorilla puts it over. Heenan then comes down to the ring and he appears to be cheering on Dibiase! Gorilla wonders what the heck is doing down there. Dibiase has got this hold locked in tight but the crowd erupts when Backlund runs towards the corner and goes up the ropes and over Dibiase! He breaks the hold and backs up. Dibiase stumbles and Heenan looks to throw something into the ring but it goes over Dibiase’s head and Backlund catches it. He puts it on his hand and Dibiase turns around and Backlund CRACKS HIM! Backlund goes down and just pounds away with both hands and Dibiase’s face is a bloody mess! Backlund stands up with the blood all over his hands. He walks over and steps out of the ring to the floor! The bell rings and Backlund has won it. He is going to face Bockwinkel next week in the Meadowlands. He is finally going to get his shot at the title! Backlund holds his hands up to Heenan who falls backwards up the aisle. It is Bockwinkel vs Backlund next week in the Meadowlands… get your tickets now!}

8340837_orig.jpg

WWF at Agricultural Hall in Allentown, PA (TV Taping for WWF Challenge)

Your hosts are Gorilla Monsoon and Superstar Graham

-Gorilla and Superstar open up the show putting over the action this week from the Boston Garden. They put over some of the big contests and say they will discuss the card for next week’s action in the Meadowlands.

Jack Armstrong vs Dr. Death Steve Williams

{Dr. Death continues to impress with a great win tonight. Jack Armstrong puts up a fight but the Doctor is making a house call and without a doubt he delivers. The Oklahoma Slam is all she wrote and Dr. Death continues to impress.}

Fred Curry vs Mr. Fuji

{A nice little showcase for Fuji tonight. Gorilla and Superstar put over the little feud with the Fantastics and say they will be in a big brawl to end it all next week in the Meadowlands. Fuji with a nasty crescent kick to finish things off.

-Superstar and Gorilla talk about the Boston Garden show and talk about the big tag team showcase with Andre the Giant & Mil Mascaras taking on Brody and Hansen. We are lucky enough to see action from that contest here tonight.

Andre the Giant & Mil Mascaras vs Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen – From Boston Garden 9/20/83

{Brody and Hansen are wild men coming down to the ring. Andre then comes out to an amazing ovation from the Boston crowd who is extremely happy to see him. He steps in the ring but Brody and Hansen are on the attack. The crowd is going nuts and here comes Andre’s partner, all the way from Mexico… Mil Mascaras! Mil runs down and he goes up top and leaps off the top rope onto Brody and Hansen. This is a wild brawl as the referee is having a hard time keeping each man where they need to be. We get moment or two of actual wrestling with Mascaras in the ring but this one loses control quickly. Brody and Hansen continue to step into the ring together while Andre comes with to join Mascaras and both teams are counted out as they don’t answer the five count. This one continues to come unhinged and Andre doesn’t seem happy.}

-Gorilla and Superstar discuss the Meadowlands card and run it down…

WWF Live from the Meadowlands

Tuesday September 27th 1983

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Bob Backlund vs Nick Bockwinkel ©

TEXAS TORNADO TAG TEAM

2/3 FALLS

Jack Brisco vs Dory Funk

Billy Robinson vs Ole Anderson

FLAG MATCH

The Fantastics vs Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee

Bob Backlund vs Blackjack Lanza

{A great main event for Challenge as Gorilla and Superstar put this through the roof. This is a great little contest with Lanza being a lackey for Bockwinkel but Gorilla and Superstar talk about the blood that Backlund spilled last week with Dibiase to earn his shot. Tonight Lanza is willing to break every single rule in the book but Backlund has some kind of flip switched and he is out of control. Lanza does his best to flee but Backlund pulls out a huge back suplex that crashes Lanza down right now on his neck for the 1…2…3! Gorilla and Superstar put this over in a big way and wonder what will happen when Backlund gets his hands on Bockwinkel next week.]

255px-WWF_Superstars_Of_Wrestling.jpg

WWF at Agricultural Hall in Fieldhouse in Hamburg, PA (TV Taping for WWF Superstars)

Your hosts are Vince McMahon and Jesse Ventura

Vince McMahon: Welcome everyone to WWF Superstars! I am Vince McMahon alongside Jesse the Body Ventura. Jesse, what a night of action we’ve got here this week on Superstars! Have you seen the footage from the Boston Garden this past week?

Jesse Ventura: McMahon, I had my people there watching. I knew what it was all about.

Vince: I don’t think we can go without talking about Bob Backlund and his hatred for Nick Bockwinkel. Well this week in the Meadowlands… he gets his shot.

Jesse Ventura: I don’t know McMahon, I think he will have too much emotion. With the title on the line, Bockwinkel has got the edge!

Vince: I have to disagree with you there…

Jesse: Have you ever been in the ring?

Vince: Not formally…

Jesse: Well shows what you know…

Vince: Please… fans it is time to head to the ring!

The Fantastics vs Man Mountain Link & Pete Doherty

{The Fantastics get a nice rub tonight and jump up on Superstars for a big contest. They have got some super fluid motion right now and without a doubt they look to be on fire. Jesse and Vince put over the big Flag match this Tuesday from the Meadowlands. Fulton and Rogers with the Rocket Launcher on Link and Fulton and Rogers have got some big things in their future. }

*COMMERCIAL*

-Vince and Jesse put over the Boston Garden show one more time and discuss the issue between Jack Brisco and Dory Funk Jr. they talk about how these two have got so much anger towards one another and before too long, one man must bend or break.

Jack Brisco vs Baron Sciciuna

{A great showcase of Jack Brisco tonight who looks to be sporting some bumps and bruises from his contest with Dory. He appears to have a small limp and Jesse says that will be what is his downfall. Jack is able to log in the figure four and the Baron has no choice but to give up. Brisco and Funk round 2 coming up this Tuesday from the Meadowlands!}

*COMMERCIAL*

{Superstars returns with Gorilla Monsoon doing some voiceover work putting over some of the major feuds with footage. We then cut to promos from some of the superstars…}

RandySavage02.jpg

Randy Savage: You barely walked way Steamboat… yeahhh… you had a hand full of tights and everyone knows it. that’s the only way you could have pulled me over. You held on to my tights like you held on to that title but it won’t be that way for too long… ohh no… you are looking at the next champion… yeah. You are looking at the man who is going to TAKE that title and the Meadowlands is going to watch it happen! DIG IT!

RickySteamboat.jpg

Ricky Steamboat: Randy Savage, you and I have fought wars all over the WWF but it is this battle that is going to happen in the Meadowlands… it will truly be a battle to end all battles. You and I must have a winner. There will be no questions and there will only be one winner. I will do whatever it takes to keep this title and you Randy Savage, you will never be able to take what is mine!

NickBockwinkel2.jpg

Nick Bockwinkel: Everyone seems to be worried about the announcement of myself and Bob Backlund meeting next week in the Meadowlands. I watched Mr. Backlund’s contest with Ted Dibiase. I saw that anger and hatred that be brought into that ring but it is that same hatred and anger that will be his downfall. I plan on taking Mr. Backlund to the mat, I am going to break him down from start to finish and without a doubt, I will show the world why I am the one true world heavyweight champion and unquestionably the quintessential pro in the sport of professional wrestling.

Bob%20Backlund_zps1ovh9j85.jpg

Bob Backlund: The QUINTESSENTIAL PRO! BOCKWINKEL! I have talked to WWF officials and this match… this match will be the end of your time with MY TITLE! Some people have said that I have got a screw loose, that you have driven me a little crazy, but I say it is FOCUS! I am more focused now than I have EVER BEEN! I know what I want… I know what I have to do to GET IT! I look across the ring at you and I am like a bull who sees RED! I want to see that red on my hands when we’re all done but Bockwinkel… it will not be my red… it will be YOURS! It will be your RED draped over my GOLD when I walk out with the WWF TITLE!

-Vince and Jesse talk about Backlund possibly losing it as he goes for the gold this week against Bockwinkel. They discuss the contest with Billy Robinson and Arn Anderson and how Robinson is looking for a tag team partner to take on the Andersons for the title. They say that there is a young man who stepped up to the challenge and his name is Bret Hart.

WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Bret Hart & Billy Robinson vs Ole & Arn Anderson

{Just an amazing television contest with these four guys leaving everything in the middle of the ring. Jesse and Vince put this over through the roof and say we could possibly see new tag team champions tonight. Bret and Arn do some of the beginning back and forth action while Ole and Billy come in and bring the action to another level. This one starts to turn interesting when we see Gene Anderson come out and Jesse says he is making sure his Family doesn’t lose what is rightfully theirs! Gene does serve as a distraction for Bret Hart but we catch something pretty crazy when Bret ducks a clothesline from Arn Anderson and then comes out with a huge baseball slide style kick on Gene sending him flying! This brings Ole into the ring and chaos ensues! Here comes Billy Robinson and we have got a huge brawl! Bret struck some kind of cord with that shot on Gene. The referee calls for the bell as we have a double DQ with all four men brawling. Robinson and Hart nail a pair of dropkicks and send Ole and Arn flying. They stand tall but the Andersons still have the gold. Would this happen again? Vince and Jesse put over the Meadowlands show next week and who knows what will happen with Bockwinkel and Backlund in the ring together!}

WWF Live from the Meadowlands

Tuesday September 27th 1983

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Bob Backlund vs Nick Bockwinkel ©

TEXAS TORNADO TAG TEAM

2/3 FALLS

Jack Brisco vs Dory Funk

Billy Robinson vs Ole Anderson

FLAG MATCH

The Fantastics vs Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee

9/22 - WWF Live from White Plains, New York

Blackjack Lanza defeated Dominic Denucci

Jack Brisco defeated Mr. Fuji

Billy Robinson defeated Arn Anderson

MAIN EVENT

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Ricky Steamboat defeated Ole Anderson

9/23 - WWF Live from Johnsonville, New York

Jack Brisco defeated Blackjack Lanza

Mil Mascaras defeated The Sheik

WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Bob Backlund & Billy Robinson defeated The Anderson via DQ

MAIN EVENT

Andre the Giant defeated Abdullah the Butcher

hqdefault.jpg

WWF Live @ the Meadowlands Arena - Tuesday September 27th 1983

{Gary Michael Cappetta announces the arrival of Gorilla Monsoon and he’s joined by Superstar Billy Graham!!}

-Gorilla and Superstar open up tonight’s action running down the card and the hot crowd here in the Meadowlands. They put over what we saw here a month ago with the breaking of Terry Funk’s leg, the big NWA Championship Match, and the WWF title match with Nick Bockwinkel & Dusty Rhodes. They put over the two big tag team contests this evening along with the two title matches. They say that tonight is the night that Bob Backlund FINALLY gets his hands on Nick Bockwinkel!

FLAG MATCH

The Fantastics vs Tiger Chung Lee & Mr. Fuji

{A great opening contest tonight as the crowd is white hot for the Fantastics. Fulton and Rogers have been on a hot streak like no other recently and without a doubt they could be a force in the WWF. The rules of this one are that both teams came out with a Flag, the winning team’s flag would be raised when that team wins. This one is a fun 15-minute opener with both teams getting some nice offense in. Lee and Fuji have found a way to slow the pace down one more time but you can tell there is something brewing with the Fantastics and they pick up the pace to a break neck level. Fuji and Lee finally break and some great tandem moves take the two Orientals down! A couple of double clotheslines, double dropkicks, and even Tiger Chung Lee takes a big double back body drop! Fuji with a double bodyslam and then a ROCKET LAUNCHER and without a doubt 1….2….3!! The Fantastics have won it! The crowd pops pretty good here then the flag is raised and the eruption is great.}

-Gorilla and Superstar put this through the roof. They talk about the Fantastics possibly being in line for the tag team titles down the line. They discuss the former tag team champion, Brisco Brothers, and the issues they had with the Funks. They put over how these two could wrestle in any kind of match but tonight is the 2/3 falls contest as we head to the ring!

2/3 FALLS

Jack Brisco vs Dory Funk

{The hits keep coming with these two and we get some amazing wrestling to get things going here. Dory and Jack work so fluidly together and go move for move with no wasted motion. Gorilla and Superstar say this could be the end if one of these guys can get a deciding fall over the other. We do see what some could say is a fluke, but Jack Brisco counters Dory and ties him up and somehow locks in the Figure Four Leg Lock and Dory submits in a matter of seconds as he was so far from the ropes. Superstar says it was the smart move as Dory is outside the ring shaking out his leg. Jack brings the fight outside the ring and things really get fishy here. Dory uses some of that Texas mean outside the ring and he works Jack over pretty well. These guys jump back in the ring and do some more catch wrestling as Dory controls the contest but Jack fights back knowing he is one move away. Dory really starts to work over the leg and things take a turn for the worse when he pulls Jack outside the ring and starts pounding his leg on the ring post! The referee looks to stop it but Dory pushes him to the ground! Wait a second… Dory grabs a steel chair and he CRACKS IT on Jack’s LEG! The crowd can’t believe it. Debris is flying in from all over the arena! Officials come out as this one has broken loose. Dory walks off with the chair high in the air, as Jack’s leg is a mess. He is holding on tightly to that knee as there may be some serious injury here.}

-Gorilla and Superstar put this over and Superstar is ready to jump down there. They put over the feud and wonder what Jack Brisco will be able to do and what the extent of the injury will be. They turn their attention to the Intercontinental Championship and this blood feud between Steamboat and Savage. They talk about tonight being a make or break night for Savage, as this could be his last chance to get his hands on the title.

{The crowd is still WHITE HOT from that previous contest and they are really giving Savage the business! Steamboat comes out to an amazing ovation. This one once again goes the distance. These two guys put everything they’ve got out there and the crowd eats it up. Gorilla and Superstar put it through the roof as we see Savage hold the pace in the beginning to see Steamboat come back with all his might. He is chopping Savage down to nothing but the Macho Man has got more in the tank and he keeps coming. These guys fight all over the ring and outside throwing the rulebook out the window. The big moment happens when Steamboat goes for a big chop off the top rope but Savage pulls the referee in the way and he goes down hard! We get a couple more moments of action before another referee comes out to the ring as Steamboat and Savage get into a series and then Savage goes up top but Steambaot catches him for a back suplex and both men go down for the 11…22…33!!! Wait a moment! Dick Woehrle was knocked out but still counting. Dick Kroll came out to the ring and he counted. Kroll raises Savage’s hand! GMC is unsure what to announce as he says Savage is the champion but then Woehrle comes over and raises Steamboat’s arm and GMC says he is STILL the champion! We have complete chaos as Savage grabs the belt and he CRACKS Steamboat before leaving with the title! Gorilla and Superstar are stunned and put this over… who is the real IC Champion?!?}

*15-MINUTE INTERMISSION*

-Gorilla and Superstar come back from intermission and discuss the IC title issue. They wonder what will be done and who can make a decision on the matter. They put over the tag team titles and the reign of Ole and Arn Anderson and what they mean to the division. They talk about possible contenders and put over Billy Robinson but wonder who will join him in this fight against the Andersons…

Billy Robinson vs Ole Anderson w/ Arn Anderson

{We get a fun one to come back from intermission. This one is a nice back and forth with some really stiff shots. Ole is no slouch as he and Robinson put it all together. Gorilla puts over a young up and comer named Bret Hart who could come in and join Robinson, but Superstar says that the Andersons would find a way to take him out. Double A is outside the ring and he is making his presence known here and there but nothing crazy yet. Billy is able to turn the tide and really get things going his way and this is when Double A makes his mark. He attempts to go for Robinson who causes a nice collision between Ole and Arn before rolling up Ole for the 1…2…3! This victory doesn’t last long though as Arn jumps in the ring and it is a 2 on 1 beatdown! Billy fights his way out but nothing doing. Gorilla says this has to stop and then we get silence before we see Superstar Graham in the ring and he’s fighting off the Andersons! It is Robinson and Graham and the fans are going NUTS! The champions back off but this one is FAR from over.}

-Just Gorilla now and he’s putting over the chaotic turn of events. He says that on Superstars we will get word on what is going on with the IC title and this issue with Randy Savage and Ricky Steamboat. He turns his attention to a week ago and the brawl with Andre/Mascaras and Brody/Hansen. He says tonight all four men are going to be in the ring with extra security and referees around. He doesn’t know what will happen!

TEXAS TORNADO MATCH

{Wild only begins to explain what happens here with four of the top wrestlers in the world. With all four men in the ring, the security outside of the ring plays their part. Hansen and Andre take the fight outside the ring and the fans scatter when Andre clotheslines Hansen over the guardrail to the floor. Brody and Mascaras do work inside the ring and when Brody gets control… he puts Mascaras down and then goes outside the ring and jumps on Andre’s back! It is a two on one fight as Hansen is still outside the guardrail throwing punches! The crowd explodes when Mascaras goes to the ropes and he FLIES off the apron on Brody! Gorilla says that the Texas Tornado rules for this match simply added to the chaos. These guys continue to brawl outside the ring as a lul occurs, Andre and Mascaras get back inside the ring and welcome Brody and Hansen in. Brody tosses a chair at Andre and hits his leg before Andre goes out of the ring as Brody and Hansen retreat to the back. This is pure chaos as the bell sounds… Mascaras and Andre are awarded the contest via count out. Mascaras looks happy but Andre looks like he wants more!}

-Gorilla continues to put over the action and wonders if even a steel cage could hold these guys in the ring. He wonders who will be next in line for the tag team titles if there is ever a winner from that feud. He puts over all the action tonight and says it has come to this moment.

MAIN EVENT

WWF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Bob Backlund vs Nick Bockwinkel © w/ Bobby Heenan

{It has come to this. The tension in the arena is just insane with so much riding on this contest. Backlund comes out to a great ovation from the crowd and Gorilla puts him through the roof as the top man to take the title from Bockwinkel. Bockwinkel and Bobby Heenan then come out and Blackjack Lanza joins them. There is a ton of security flooding the arena and the fans are rabid against Heenan and Bock right now with debris being thrown in their direction. Heenan is giving it back to the fans and then we see WWF officials come out and they are escorting Lanza to the back! The crowd pops for that. Before the match starts we then see the referee checking Bockwinkel for objects and he is leaving nothing to the imagination and Bock and Heenan are pissed. Once the bell rings, we get into a great 24-minute war. Bock and Backlund get into a great series. The match begins with Bockwinkel doing everything he can to stay out of Backlund’s grasp! The crowd just builds and builds till the moment that it happens and Bockwinkel has nowhere to run or hide. Backlund is throwing everything he’s got at Bock and you can feel that the title could be changing hands tonight. Heenan is doing everything he can outside the ring to get involved but he gets a big right hand for his pleasure. Bockwinkel runs and nails Backlund in the back with a high knee and Backlund’s head hits the turnbuckle. Heenan gets up there and he undoes the turnbuckle and the steel is exposed. Bockwinkel comes back over and he is going to ram Backlund’s head but he blocks it and Backlund backs up Bock and they go at it. The referee is unaware of the turnbuckle. Backlund is looking to finish Bock off and he is going to CATAPULT him into the turnbuckle but Heenan jumps up there and sacrifices his body as Bock nails him! We have pandemonium right now. Backlund goes over and nails Heenan again and Bock comes and grabs Backlund’s head and RAMS him into the steel exposed turnbuckle! He does it again! Backlund is busted wide open. The referee now sees the exposed steel and he calls for the bell! Heenan is out of it but here comes Lanza! Lanza jumps in the ring and he nails the referee. Then Bock and Lanza pick up Backlund and a SPIKE PILEDRIVER! OH MY! Backlund is laid out. Debris is filling the ring. Bock grabs his belt as Lanza and Heenan walk out. This is pure chaos.}

-It has been a pleasure running the WWF for the month. I know some of us feel weird about a WWF-less wrestling world but this could be a great dynamic to take into account to see who will become the leaders throughout the time of this project without the WWF brand. If Rain's friend does pick up the WWF, this should be a good show to build from. If the WWF goes down, hopefully this did it justice and you could see what it could look like in the future.