Pro Wrestling Only

Anyone have any questions for Bruce Tharpe?

Eduardo

So I'm going to interview Bruce Tharpe on Monday for the local newspaper. I will ask him a little bit about his old IWF promotion, to keep it local, and other stuff, but will mainly be talking to him about NWA Classics. Do y'all have any questions you would like me to ask him, about NWA Classics or really, anything?

I just want some Nick Bockwinkel matches already. I'm curious about Steamboat being on the banner when we don't seem to have any results for him, mind you, but there are results we don't have going back into the 70s certainly.

From Bruce Tharpe :

yes - we have very early Ricky Steamboat matches listed on the run sheets - we just have to find them - convert them to Hi Def - and upload them to the website.

I just want some Nick Bockwinkel matches already. I'm curious about Steamboat being on the banner when we don't seem to have any results for him, mind you, but there are results we don't have going back into the 70s certainly.

From Bruce Tharpe :

yes - we have very early Ricky Steamboat matches listed on the run sheets - we just have to find them - convert them to Hi Def - and upload them to the website.

I think people need to keep this in mind. The library is not as organized as people seem to think. It's not like he can just go "oh someone wants Chavo vs. Bockwinkel I know exactly where that is and can put it up tomorrow"

I will be happy to answer any specific questions on here! Doing all we can to get the Roku App finished didn't anticipate how complicated it was going to be and we hit a few snags along the way. But it will be finished soon and I will make a big announcement when it's ready. We are trying to get as many matches uploaded as possible then will organize them as we go. Again - we could've waited a year and uploaded / organized everything - developed the Roku App etc. - but I wanted to get this amazing footage in front of the fans asap.

Could you kind of explain how the collection is organized? I know you've talked about the run sheets and what matches are on them but from what I can tell the tapes/reels themselves are not labeled as to their contents.

Looking forward to more current/recent NWA uploads but I'm wondering how that is going to work. Right now you're uploading around one match a day, let's say on Wednesday you upload a current NWA match, would that mean there would be no classic match that day?

Bruce welcome to the board. This is Pete from Titans of Wrestling. I've really enjoyed the interviews we've done. As a moderator here if you need any help from the board when it comes to dates of matches or anything in general. Just give us a holler. Their are some of the best historians and hardcore wrestling fans in the world who post here.

Here's something to think about regarding Roku aps. Sure, they can be made quickly and rushed onto Roku. But most of those fucking stink. Any yahoo with a Church or access to public domain Casper the Friendly Ghost cartoons can quickly get a Roku ap. It doesn't mean that the ap is good, works correctly, or even delivers. I like that they're being patient to ensure that the ap is good.

Guys - the library isn't organized as it's transferred. I have run sheets that correspond to approximate dates - but we literally loaded a large truck full of tapes. We did a visual on all of them. Some we immediately knew needed restoration (baking) that takes weeks or months. We set those aside. Then I told them to transfer a variety of matches first - so I could present a variety of really classic 70's matches - along with more contemporary 80's matches. As I get the matches back from the lab - and we edit them - I usually upload the best matches first. Some of the matches have audio issues that take time to correct as well. So my plan is to upload as many as I can (but that will literally take us a couple of years) then organize it as we go. Again - we could have waited a year to upload everything and organize it first - but I wanted to get this content in front of the fans as quickly as I could.