Posted 16 August 2015 - 07:56 AM

Discuss here.

#2 Goodear

Goodear
  • Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:24 PM

Arn Anderson & Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes & Ron Garvin:  NWA Worldwide 1986

Enjoyable sprint helped by a hot crowd and David Crockett losing his god forsaken MIND.  This match basically had no heat segment to speak of as the faces just pinball Flair around as he stooges and flops like a mug.  The match never pauses to catch its breath which is a slight shame as Arn is great at working heat but this is just so enjoyable.  Flair just goes right at Ronnie at the bell and it plays into the hands of the faces as they just wail on the Horsemen who can't hold the faces down for more than 10 seconds at a time. The closest the Horsemen get is when Arn gets a body scissors on Garvin but Ronnie turns it into a mount and a punch to the mouth immediately.  I felt satisfied after this 8 minute match as showing us that Ronnie and Dusty can take the Horsemen in a fight.  The Horsemen would need to try something else to get ahead.

As this is a slightly random selection, I don't think this really showed us what the Flair/Arn team could really do as they (if I recall correctly) did their best work against mid card babyfaces where they could dictate the pace and work heat segments and stooging hope spots.  

Spoiler

[/spoiler]

#3 thebrainfollower

thebrainfollower
  • Members
  • 1284 posts
  • Interests:Doctor Who, Star Wars, classic horror, politics, history, theater, and that wrestling thing we are here for.

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:48 AM

My selections are guys that actually were tag teams at some point rather than "guys who teamed up every now and then".   Though Ric and Arn have some nice stuff together as a team in 96 that's some of Ric's last really good stuff IMO.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users