Pro Wrestling Only

Who Will You Be the High Vote On?

JRGoldman

So after Chad posted an early version of his big board today, I think it started some fun discussion about who was up high, who was left off, and those tricky last few spots. I thought it might be fun to have a thread to talk about people we think we are higher on than anyone else. I think it's important that even though we have the individual threads for pimping, people can have a sounding board as we start to get our lists in shape.

Just a couple weeks ago, I asked Dylan "How high can I put Super Porky before I'm embarrassing myself?", so right now he's someone that will probably rate higher for me than most others. Who else has personal favorites that are slowly but surely creeping up the list?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Satanico and Sangre Chicana for sure. I might end up the high vote on Atlantis too.

I know Parties mentioned Maeda, so I'm wondering what range Maeda is for him. I could see Maeda sneaking into my top 25-30. Yoshiaki Yatsu will do really really well for me as the Japanese Bobby Eaton.

Mad Dog Vachon is also a stone cold lock for my list and I'd be surprised if anyone else felt that way.

Satanico and Sangre Chicana for sure. I might end up the high vote on Atlantis too.

I know Parties mentioned Maeda, so I'm wondering what range Maeda is for him. I could see Maeda sneaking into my top 25-30. Yoshiaki Yatsu will do really really well for me as the Japanese Bobby Eaton.

Mad Dog Vachon is also a stone cold lock for my list and I'd be surprised if anyone else felt that way.

I really want to put Vachon on there, I love his 80s stuff. Really need to watch the 70s stuff though.

I probably should have had Ishikawa in my "Maybe" list, as I'll have him considerably higher than Ikeda on my list. I like Ishikawa more on the mat and far more as a character. Ikeda probably has better strikes on most days.

Ishikawa: probably top 20?

Maeda: top 30?

Ikeda: top 30-40? So I stand corrected: top 20's too rich for my blood on him, but he's a guy who deserves to make any and every ballot.

Hoshino, Satanico, Yamazaki, Anjoh, Hash, and Chicana all make my list, but I wouldn't expect to be the high vote on any of them.

Ambrose and Yumi Ikeshita are two favourites with just enough great performances to make a bottom 10 spot.

Dean Allmark will probably be amongst them due to sentimental reasons and Britishness.

Mocho Cota will be sky high if I enjoy his nineties work like his 80s.

Chigusa Nagayo is top 12 bound. Hokuto's got the top 5 locked up.

Anyone else see Vader in their top ten?

I thought I'd be the high voter on Shawn but Redman put that to bed.

case: i bet vader in the WWF will be a pleasant surprise for you! people make it out to be this huge dark period for him but it wasn't because of what he did in the ring, mainly just the booking and the kuwait thing.

also benjaminkicks, i highly doubt you will be the high vote on KENTA as long as people like alan and joe submit ballots, lol. the likes of them and case are going to be massive outliers on sooooooo many 2000s japanese wrestlers. i rather like that...they're probably the only reason guys like tanahashi have any chance of making the overall top 100, and it's more interesting to me when more people are in the running.

actually, that would be a neat thing to consider: whose list will end up deviating the most from the norm. the puro crew i just mentioned & matt d seem like the obvious frontrunners there...

I strongly suspect I'll be the high voter on Tracy Smothers. Not that I'll have him top ten, but he could conceivably be in my upper third, and I haven't completely dismissed the idea of him in the top quarter.

It's also possible I could be the high voter on Fujinami, though I dont think it's a certainty.