Pro Wrestling Only

SummerSlam Brooklyn... It's Time!!!

goodhelmet

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about it. Apparently the company is down on Lana and wants Eva Marie to be the next big female star. Good thing they recognize female talent when they see it, and don't make decisions on appearance alone.

One day I hope you learn the difference between actual news, total speculation and just pure click bait articles. Eva Marie isn't on the main roster and won't be for months.

Rusev/Dolph: aside from "We want Lana" chants, this was a mass exodus for the crowd. Tons of people leaving for bathroom/beer, and the remaining bodies were silent. Brief "USA" chant that died out fast.

In-ring this was the worst match yet. With the right booking this could have been a hot feud. Instead it languished in apathy, as Ziggler spent the sixth of his nine lives, in the seventh or eighth hour of his career, wondering what will come next. No one in-ring did anything wrong, yet they all looked miscast in the high school production of West Side Story. Lana got by far the pop of the match for her initial interference. How those women worked spots in those heels is beyond me. I actually really liked a match ending in a countout draw. Everyone stayed strong, but the women are clearly owning this feud.

Don't worry about it. Apparently the company is down on Lana and wants Eva Marie to be the next big female star. Good thing they recognize female talent when they see it, and don't make decisions on appearance alone.

One day I hope you learn the difference between actual news, total speculation and just pure click bait articles. Eva Marie isn't on the main roster and won't be for months.

IIRC that rumor comes from Meltzer in the Observer, who at least isn't one of the "newz sitez". Of course he isn't always right, and it seems improbable for the reasons you mention and her lackluster performances in NXT, but I wouldn't put it past them at least planning to do it.

Ziggler is truly awful if he was able to drag down Rusev. Why he wanted to re-sign when all he's done over the past few years is cry about his push is beyond me. Wish he'd have gone off to fail at other endeavors like stand-up comedy rather than continue to fail at being a good or interesting pro wrestler.

Women really liked Amell. If Lawler and Jerry Jarrett still want to ask Bill Watts, "Where are all the blowjobs?", the answer herein would be Arrow and Neville. "We want Snooki" and "Where's your bow?" chants for Amell from the jealous stank-bros, but I thought he was surprisingly agile, good at selling, and a better FIP than most of the roster.

In some ways this was the best pure wrestling match of the show, even if the New Day comedy was more entertaining. They had the tag formula down pat.

Tough Enough scrubs got booed out of the building. No love at all.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev

- Hot match… lame finish

King Barrett & Stardust vs. Neville & Green Arrow

- I was really looking forward to this match but think they completely fucked it on the booking. Arrow should have been the hot tag, not the face in peril.

- You’re asking a guy who has never had a match to play Ricky Morton.

- The end run was fun but this was supposed to be the Amell-Stardust show.

well now we know why Barrett was in the match. Of course everyone pretty much knew that would happen. Amell was fine and understand selling more than a number of the WWE guys but not that impressive.

People who are bitching about the filler at NXT Takeover must be pulling their hair out watching this show so far.