Pro Wrestling Only

How much does match order matter?

I didn't say MOST important. I just mean, two matches which were fairly heavily pushed in the hype up to the show, and generally treated like a big deal.

-Manias 22 and 23 did indeed put the barely-promoted diva's match in the semi-main before Cena's title match going last.

-Mania 24 had Mayweather/Show, a celebrity match, as the semi-main before the world title main event.

-Mania 25 put the two heavyweight title matches on last.

-26 had the world title in the semi and then Streak-vs-HBK's-Career on last.

-27 had the Snooki celebrity match (which, sadly, had been pretty heavily promoted in mainstream media) in the semi and the world title on last.

-28 had the world title match, then the Rock/Cena superfight.

-29 had the Trips/Brock allegedly-a-superfight before Rock/Cena Part Deux.

-30 was the sole exception, with "AJ beats the entire Divas roster (in order to set up for Paige's debut & win the next night)" put in the death slot between Undertaker losing and Bryan winning.

-And finally 31 had Undertaker returning for his first match since his lost last year for the semi-main, before the title match going on last.

So, three out of ten. Not exactly a locked-in tradition of how they always do things. And yeah, for purposes of the MATCH ORDER thread I totally discount the HoF walk-on cuz it's not a match.

I didn't say MOST important. I just mean, two matches which were fairly heavily pushed in the hype up to the show, and generally treated like a big deal.

-Manias 22 and 23 did indeed put the barely-promoted diva's match in the semi-main before Cena's title match going last.

-Mania 24 had Mayweather/Show, a celebrity match, as the semi-main before the world title main event.

-Mania 25 put the two heavyweight title matches on last.

-26 had the world title in the semi and then Streak-vs-HBK's-Career on last.

-27 had the Snooki celebrity match (which, sadly, had been pretty heavily promoted in mainstream media) in the semi and the world title on last.

-28 had the world title match, then the Rock/Cena superfight.

-29 had the Trips/Brock allegedly-a-superfight before Rock/Cena Part Deux.

-30 was the sole exception, with "AJ beats the entire Divas roster (in order to set up for Paige's debut & win the next night)" put in the death slot between Undertaker losing and Bryan winning.

-And finally 31 had Undertaker returning for his first match since his lost last year for the semi-main, before the title match going on last.

So, three out of ten. Not exactly a locked-in tradition of how they always do things. And yeah, for purposes of the MATCH ORDER thread I totally discount the HoF walk-on cuz it's not a match.

I guess if you change all the rules around, neglect certain things, you can make the data support your point.

I guess if you change all the rules around, neglect certain things, you can make the data support your point.

What the hell does that even mean? My point here is really simple: "The company usually doesn't book a meaningless piss-break match right before the final main event. Here's examples and statistics to back that up." How are you misinterpreting that? What rules am I changing, what things am I neglecting?