Pro Wrestling Only

[1985-02-13-Mid South] Rock & Roll Express vs Chavo & Hector Guerrero

Superstar Sleeze

Mid-South Tag Team Champions Rock N Roll Express vs The Guerreros - Mid-South 2/13/85

Really fun TV tag team match between these two teams. Who was the commentator with Jim Ross? He was fucking awful. He started to imitate Jim Ross's emotional calls towards the end so Jim tried to yell louder over him. It was a clusterfuck on commentary, but these two teams are pros. The Guerreros who fit right in today's wrestling culture and not only keep up, but add some psychology. Heel, we know from Chavo Classic's brief run on Smackdown! in mid-2000s he could still outwork half the roster. That catch of Ricky Morton into an overhead suplex was insane! They are former babyfaces so they have a ton of offense and they still work in ways to hit, but keep their heel heat. The early part saw Ricky Morton turn the disadvantage of being in a headscissors into an advantage by tagging out and allowing Gibson to apply stepover toehold. I think it should be illegal to tag out of a hold personally because of situations like that personally, but I guess it does not matter in the grand scheme of things. I liked the mini-brawl that broke out before commercial. The aforementioned overhead suplex takes us to the heat segment where they focus on Morton's back, which I liked. Chavo had a nice Boston Crab. Again, the Guerreros telegraphed a back drop this allowed a hot tag to Gibson. They do a double criss cross sequence, but oddly Gibson only gets the sunset flip. The reason for this asymmetry is that Chavo Classic clubs the ref. He splashes Gibson on the outside. This leaves Morton prone to a double surfboard, but Gibson leaps onto both of them for the fall! Loved the finish! Really cool and unique. Very similar to the Fans match, just a really entertaining fundamentals tag. Definitely check out for the finish. ****

• GSR changed the title to [1985-02-13-Mid South] Rock & Roll Express vs Chavo & Hector Guerrero