Ric Flair GOAT

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#221 Childs

Childs
  • Moderators
  • 4437 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:43 AM

Kris is so fair-minded that he actually used a personal pick on a Brody match.

#222 Cross Face Chicken Wing

Cross Face Chicken Wing
  • Members
  • 1197 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:17 PM

I also want to emphasize that with very few historical exceptions (Tiger Mask vs Dynamite is the easy example), the nominating committee on the DVDVR project selected the matches we enjoyed most. It wasn't like we were anti-Flair going in. We liked the Flair matches and made sure they were included on the sets. They are in our opinion., the Best of the Best of the available footage at the time. That includes Flair matches. It includes Lawler matches. It includes some Brody and Dory Funk matches even though those guys suck. The idea there is an inherent anti-Flair movement in the DVDVR process is definitely not true.

I don't think anyone has suggested that even for a moment.

Absolutely not. The nominating process was as close to perfect as anything like that is going to get. I wouldn't change one thing about the process, or the people involved in the process. And there definitely isn't an anti-Flair movement in the DVDVR process.

All I'm saying is, I don't think it's fair to raise the "bias toward Flair" talker (whether it was born in the original discussions or now) when breaking down the results. The results are the results. Implying that pro-Flair bias skewed some results sounds like sour grapes from folks whose more non-mainstream favorites didn't fare quite as well as they would have liked.

#223 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18952 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:20 PM

The observation is that the ratings did not match the discussion.

#224 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43472 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:01 PM

I was advocating pretty hard for the Flair matches in the threads at the time, but yeah, I was almost a lone voice. I wish I knew who my followers were so I could use them for my personal gain

#225 JerryvonKramer

JerryvonKramer
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 11324 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:03 AM

I'm coming back at you with Tommy and Who's Next.

tumblr_inline_mhoaczoQor1qz4rgp.gif

#226 AJS

AJS
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:40 AM

Hi Jerry. I don't know whether you'll see this but I just wanted say how much I enjoyed the Flair podcasts. I've heard you say on other podcasts that you got a lot of criticism for them and that really surprises me as I thought they were great.  They were the first PWO podcasts I ever listened to and they brought me to this board. They all so inspired me to watch a lot of Flair footage for the first time in years and watch matches i'd never seen like the Tenryu match from 92. It was cool to hear someone go into such detail on one wrestler, and i'd love to hear more of that type of thing.

Thanks

Andrew

#227 JerryvonKramer

JerryvonKramer
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 11324 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:04 PM

Hi Jerry. I don't know whether you'll see this but I just wanted say how much I enjoyed the Flair podcasts. I've heard you say on other podcasts that you got a lot of criticism for them and that really surprises me as I thought they were great.  They were the first PWO podcasts I ever listened to and they brought me to this board. They all so inspired me to watch a lot of Flair footage for the first time in years and watch matches i'd never seen like the Tenryu match from 92. It was cool to hear someone go into such detail on one wrestler, and i'd love to hear more of that type of thing.

Thanks

Andrew

Much appreciated mate. Glad you signed up and hope you have a good time here and watching whatever you ordered from Will!

#228 AJS

AJS
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:15 AM

No worries Jerry and thanks a lot for your kind response. I've ordered most of the 80's sets from Will so that should keep me going for a while! I'm looking forward to working my way through them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users