119 replies to this topic

#41 concrete1992

concrete1992

Sammy D

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:21 AM

http://wrestlingwith...-mania-madness/

WrestleMania Weekend is here and I guess we have to kind of talk about it. We are joined unfortunately by Case Lowe once again. You want CZW talk? You’re weird but we talk about it. You want EVOLVE/WWN talk? Sure, why not? How bout SHIMMER? Technically. Ring of Honor? Absolutely not, we should be able to watch live or next day cause tis the season. Joe Koff why you playin’ me dog? Don’t be sour. Case wants to force Greatest Wrestler Ever talk into the podcast at various points so be prepared for that. I still have no idea about a lot of WrestleMania. A vote not against Dragon Gate IS a vote against a better world.

PS Sorry for the unfortunate title.

#42 concrete1992

concrete1992

Sammy D

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:27 AM

http://wrestlingwith...ong-live-mania/

WrestleMania has come and gone. Sam and Tanner are joined this week by Devon Hales to discuss WrestleMania weekend as Devon was there to witness the wildest wrestling weekend of the year in person. Who came out looking good? Did anyone disappoint? Where have the good ones gone? None of those questions are answered. You will have to listen in to see what questions are.

#43 TannerT

TannerT
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:32 AM

Haven't posted in this thread in a bit, but do we got a brand new episode for you! (WARNING: It is all over the place)

http://wrestlingwith...too-many-marks/

Dylan Hales, Devon Hales, Fray, TJ Hawke, Tanner, and Sam. Why? I don’t know. This was going to be a WDKW100 show but once you get six of us going then really you are lucky to get something that makes sense. I’m not sure we even accomplished that. Fray forces AWE talk. AWE is good so I guess that’s okay. TJ buries bookers. They earned it. Tanner continues to be, against everyone’s wishes, Tanner. This show is considered canon.

#44 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 10258 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:58 AM

Stop planning sandwiches and start making towns. 

#45 TannerT

TannerT
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:17 AM

Stop planning sandwiches and start making towns. 

Woah, one is much easier than the other!

#46 concrete1992

concrete1992

Sammy D

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:22 AM

Sorry if you are expecting a witty description cause I’m just not gonna do that this week. Kiss my grits. This is a wrestling podcast. Case Lowe is on. Fray joins in.

#47 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 10258 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:36 AM

Was amused by Fray busting on the pronunciation of Gulf Shores and then totally botching how to pronounce Senoia, Georgia. 

#48 concrete1992

concrete1992

Sammy D

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:35 AM

We are back this week as Sam is joined by Steven Lerner and Dustin Hales to discuss…wrestling? Yep. We talk about the Scenic City Invitational, THE BRAND SPLIT, Cody Rhodes wanting to be a big boy, and how the hot dog is a sandwich. How could you want to miss that? I have no idea what I’m doing.

#49 concrete1992

concrete1992

Sammy D

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:39 PM

http://wrestlingwith...till-like-this/

Sam is back for a very different We Don’t Know Wrestling. This I have decided to ask several wrestling fans what got them into wrestling and why the heck they are still fans since wrestling is truly awful. This description won’t be too long since I hope you simply listen as I think each person brings a unique perspective to the same question. Disclaimer: There was some issues with the JR Goldberg recording but the content is too good and the nuggets are still there. Also sorry if audio levels are bad across the board. I TRIED!

#50 concrete1992

concrete1992

Sammy D

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:40 AM

A more traditional We Don’t Know Wrestling this week which is to say there is a train wreck that exists here. First time guest Emil and long time host Fray join Sam. Nothing makes sense. So many poop jokes. So many “burials”. We didn’t even mention Dragon Gate! How could we have forgotten? Super Dragon and Gedo do not get so lucky.

#51 concrete1992

concrete1992

Sammy D

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:28 PM

TIME TO BRING THIS BACK CAUSE THE SHOW IS GOING WELL! Seriously, the past month or two have been maybe the most interesting the show has been. If you have listened and stopped now is a good time to hop back on. Or if you never have listened THIS I think is a great episode to try.

http://wrestlingwith...ling-sorry-pwg/

Pro wrestling is an art form that when viewed live takes on a totally different experience. This week Dylan Hales and Tim Buechner hop on WDKW to discuss how the live show differs, which wrestlers have raised their stock when watched in-person, and favorite promotions to have seen from the crowd. PWG doesn’t get properly buried…or does it? I don’t want to get your hopes up but I also don’t want you to not listen if you wanted to hear a PWG burial. There’s a little talk of Freelance Wrestling and a whole bunch more.

Have any feedback? Tweet using #WDKW and I will likely RT you as I am shameless. PS My voice is a little low. Recording software decided to be weird. Apologies!

#52 Luchaundead

Luchaundead

Max Landis approved chant-police

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:16 PM

I was pretty good on here if I do say so myself

#53 concrete1992

concrete1992

Sammy D

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:26 AM

I'm having a ton of fun with this show...hopefully that shows?

http://wrestlingwith...ng-what-a-rush/

Lio Rush has found himself in some hot water. Another wild moment in 2016 which might get forgotten about in a few months. Feels like a potential theme of 2016. Devon Hales and Case Lowe join We Don’t Know Wrestling this week to talk about some of the underappreciated matches, promotions, ect. of 2016. Things we may have forgotten or things others might not have talk about. I mention Dojo WarsCase buries Dragon Gate, and Devon’s life consists of shoot promos and Titan Sports, FKA World Wrestling Entertainment, tapes on the YouTube. WHAT A RUSH!

Have any feedback? Tweet using #WDKW and I will likely RT you as I am shameless.

#54 concrete1992

concrete1992

Sammy D

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:44 AM

If you would like to be on the show or would like to hear someone on the show (I know this isn't exactly a show aimed at the PWO audience in general) feel free to send me a message here or on Twitter. 

#55 concrete1992

concrete1992

Sammy D

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 07:51 AM

TWO Plugs this week. What a blessed time:

FIRST, the podcast

http://wrestlingwith...l-the-very-end/

Mark Maxwell and Brad Stutts join me on a special WDKW. We essentially talk about how two seemingly wildly different promotions in CWF Mid-Atlantic and Freelance Wrestling manage to stand out in the crowded indie wrestling scene. There is talk about the role of commentators, their influences, the distribution methods of these promotions, and we go over Dylan Hales’ fantasy booking of CWF Mid-Atlantic and Freelance Wrestling. And like I said in the title, listen until the very end. We had a few audio hiccups so hopefully it didn’t go to complete garbage because of my editing skills!

Have any feedback? Tweet using #WDKW and I will likely RT you as I am shameless.

SECOND, the WDKW100 forums. They are up and running. I would describe it as a more inclusive version of the WKO100 even if there are some barriers in place. The link below will lead you to the forum. The Announcements, Information post is probably the best to check first.

#56 Luchaundead

Luchaundead

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:44 PM

This episode was good guy if for some reason you had commented on this post in the past but have since quit listening to the podcast for your own reasons I will say this is a great episode to jump back in for I loved it

#57 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7890 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:24 PM

I listened to this for the first time and it was a lot of fun! It was with the folks from CWF Mid-Atl and Freelance wrestling.

#58 concrete1992

concrete1992

Sammy D

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:30 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys! Didn't post a reply before because I'm not dumb enough to think anyone is going to click this thread if I'm the last to have posted. 

Also, not sure why those marks don't create a thread but there are plenty of WwW shows on the podcast feed that I would think would appeal to some people here, and according to Twitter have appealed to some, so check those out. They really aren't like WDKW. Take that as you will. 

If last week's episode was focused on some more thoughtful discussion based on two of the most unique indies in the country, this week is more about the banter that WDKW usually provides. Will that be your cup of team? I don't know. It has Papa Hales though who is a certified G and a bonafide stud.

http://wrestlingwith...-came-to-shoot/

Acclaimed professional wrestling fanatic Papa Hales joins me as well as Fray to discuss the Lord’s greatest gift to man. We give you the semi-full rundown of AIW’s Double Dare tournament that Papa Hales will be attending which features talent such as Matt Riddle, Team IOU, DJ Z, and many more quality grapplers. There is some gushing over PWX’s X16 tournament. Waxing poetically about bananas does happen. Shots are fired at the vertically challenged at an alarming rate, especially given the host does not possess great height. Banter is had.

#59 Luchaundead

Luchaundead

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:01 AM

The new episode was a tour de force for WDKW after last weeks departure. Highlights include Papa Hales size shaming Sam (which I do not endorse) and Fray seeming to realize the concept of trolling live on air. You are quite the host Sammy keep up the good work. 

#60 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7890 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:49 PM

I am loving this show. It's made my rotation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users