Pro Wrestling Only

Coffey

Tonight is the next Takeover event for NXT on the WWE Network. Pretty stacked card, in my opinion, if you're a fan of the NXT shows.

NXT Women's Championship:

Bayley© Vs. Sasha Banks

30 Minute Ironman Match

xtjEONm.jpg

Dusty Rhodes Memorial Tag Team Classic Semi-Finals:

Finn Bàlor & Samoa Joe Vs. Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder

6IAaYXi.jpg

Dusty Rhodes Memorial Tag Team Classic Semi-Finals:

Jason Jordan & Chad Gable Vs. Rhyno & Baron Corbin

tgMphgq.jpg

Dusty Rhodes Memorial Tag Team Classic Finals:

The Winners of each Semi-Finals

Dypxmo3.jpg

Asuka Vs. Dana Brooke

Asuka (formerly Kana) in-ring NXT Debut

gknY4XT.jpg

Apollo Crews Vs. Tyler Breeze

dz0Zknv.jpg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Predictions:

Bayley over Sasha 4-3

Jordan/Gable win tag tournament. Joe turns on Bàlor, hopefully in semi-finals not finals. I'd like to see the Mechanics make the finals.

Asuka over Brooke maybe by DQ when Emma runs-in, but Asuka whoops 'em both.

Breeze over Crewes? No clue on this one. Crewes needs to lose eventually. Breeze needs a win.

Anyone else think that after seeing the leather jacket entrance on last week's NXT TV they're looking to bring back the Rock n' Rolla Devitt? I liked the idea that the Shake Them Ropes guys had where if they're going to make a Balor Club heel group it should be guys the Full Sail crowd hates, so they should have Baron Corbin play the Bad Luck Fale role and carry Finn around on his shoulders

I'm listening to that right now, Sek. I was so angry when they recommended Rhyno... it makes perfect sense. Ha!

I had always assumed Joe would turn on Bàlor, but maybe the other way makes more sense.

Also, I forgot to mention, which STR guys just reminded me, Dustin & Cody Rhodes are presenting the trophy to the winners of the tag tournament.

I heard a rumour about Gargano and Ciampa being possible Balor Club members. I'll withhold my judgement/see how well they execute it, if they do.

Bayley wins 2-1. It's only 30 minutes, so we don't want too many falls

Gable & Jordan to win tag tournament

Asuka slays them fools, obviously

Probably a Crews win, but I'd like to see Breeze win

Bit of a low key card to follow Brooklyn but that was always gonna be a tough act to follow

I'd give anything to see "JJ" and Gable win this tournament. Gable lifting the trophy on Jordan's shoulders with a big shit eating grin on his face. Ahhhh.

I'd also like to see, as Matt D said, intentionally get herself disqualified with some sort of illegal attack on Bayley's arm. One of my favourite tropes of the ironman match. I remember Triple H smashing The Rock with a chair during their Judgment Day Ironman match as a child. What a obscure memory.

This show line-up highlights how NXT isn't really the booking oasis that it might seem like:

- They're running Bayley vs. Sasha again because they honestly don't have a better option for a main. The first on-air Balor vs. Joe match was the only other option but that probably being saved for the UK show. Also, I don't see any productive long term reason for Sasha winning. The Brooklyn show should have been her swan song, plus the whole 'respect' bit really doesn't fit 'The Boss'. Never mind that NXT's big gimmick match over the last 2 years has been the 2/3 falls match and would have been easier match for the two of them to work.

- The tag tournament should feature the new found depth of the tag division. Instead, the semis feature 2 makeshift teams of top singles stars and both semis are on the show. Thus, your current champs, ex champs, and arguably most over act won't be on the show.

- Tyler Breeze should be, at worst, be challenging for the NXT title. Instead, they ran Breeze vs. Balor into the ground earlier this year so now he has to put over the new guy. He has the same problem that a lot of guys have on the main roster, just being paid less.

I really, REALLY want The Mechanics to make the finals, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Crews is going to have his best showing yet, and Breeze is gonna be a big part of that.

Asuka is going to kill and kill again and it is going to be glorious.

'Nough said about Bayley/Sasha 'til after the match.

It's gonna be a good one. Super stoked.

Asuka vs. Dana is the most interesting match on the show. Asuka thrives at working with inexperienced women, usually giving them a fair bit while maintaining that she's clearly better in the end. This is best chance for Dana Brooke to show where she is at in her development. Most likely isn't going to be the stiff, one-sided squash that people are expecting.

So bummed I can't watch this live, because it's the Leafs opener. Will be watching immediately following the game, spoiler free. I think this show has amazing potential and it should be great.

Ditto, only I'll be watching my Pirates in the NL Wild Card game tonight.

I admit I only watch the big shows, but when I saw the mechanics live I thought they sucked. Like a photocopy of a photocopy of a good southern heel team. those guys aren't even frank and c.w Anderson much less Ole and Arn

Well, it is still supposed to be a developmental show. They put Eva Marie on TV.

Although at this point, it can be argued that NXT is its own brand and their PPVs are more about people like Bàlor, Joe, etc. with more experience. People like Corbin, Breeze, Eva & Alexa Bliss still get a lot of screen time.

Agreed that The Mechanics still need a lot of polish. So do guys like Tye Dillenger. Giving them TV time can only help.

The downside to NXT being able to snag some top level indy talent is it makes people forget that at its core its a developmental territory and as such most of the people there are going to be not great for a while. So when a team like the Mechanics show up that are obviously supposed to be in the mold of Ole and Arn, people get disappointed/upset they aren't at that level out of the gate.

Finn Balor & Samoa Joe vs. Dawson & Wilder

- High energy fun stuff to begin the match

- I really liked the leg work by the Mechanics. Things like the partner kicking the leg from the outside or wrenching back on the single crab for 4 seconds before breaking the hold.

- Wilder pulling Joe down by sneaking up behind him was genius.

- Joe looked much better here than against Corbin. There was just a little bit of OOMPH to his moves. Fun but quick match.