Pro Wrestling Only

Coffey

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sasha Banks vs. Bayley (NXT Women’s Title)

- Shit, just showing Bayley waiting for her entrance added more gravitas to this match.

- Christ, I marked out over them just mentioning their color schemes.

- I loved the copy-cat roll up attempt early on but the constant flip pin stuff is lame

- After that, this got good real quick even with the dangerous Japanese arm drag.

- I don’t know how I feel about Sasha winning the first fall with a poke of the eyes. Roddy Piper tribute?

- I really liked the Belly to Bayley counter for the 2nd fall

- I like the fact that a countout led to a fall and they are avoiding the Bret-Shawn Ironman route.

- I almost marked out when Bayley was about to be counted out twice.

- I think Sasha going up 3-1 would have created more drama

- Oh man, I love Bayley getting a receipt by attacking Sasha’s hand. The hand playing a part in the end was HUGE!

- I think I liked the parts better than the sum of the match. I may need to rewatch this one. It didn’t feel like a MOTYC to me even though I really enjoyed it especially the super hot ending.

This had the best undercard out of any NXT special I remember.

The main event had parts I really liked, and some good storytelling. It got super sloppy at points, and really took me out of it. I thought it was a good match, not a great match.

The whole glad handling end to the show was too much for me. Hated that.

I'm super high on the finishing stretch of the main but as a whole, it might have been overly ambitious. In general, I agree with Will. Some great moments. Not nearly as strong a total package as their last match.

The heeling on Izzy was really striking.

All that said, the post match stuff was one of those things WWE does so well. They made it feel like an unquestionable success. Sasha collapsing was a way more emotional moment than the horsewomen thing to me.

I liked most of the show. Didn't love the winners in the tag matches. Thought Asuka's debut was strong. Dana looked good too. She's improving quickly. The End of Days reversal finish by Corbin was really good. I liked all the main event post-match stuff.

Really fun show. I both agree and disagree about the main event. It didn't feel "as good" as other recent NXT Women's Matches while I was watching it, but after reflecting on it for a little bit, I realize it was a damn fun match with LOTS of great moments. The little girl - Bailey's sister? - broke my heart, and Sasha's heeling of the entire family was shameless in an awesome way. :)

Disappointed by the two teams in the finals - I wanted Jason Jordan and Chad Gable myself - but I kinda understand why they did it. (When this first started, I was convinced Enzo and Cass vs. Jordan and Gable would be the final match - and part of me still thinks it should have been.)

Mind-blowing post-match celebrations for both of those matches.

Dawson and Wilder have no characters right now - unless they're supposed to be cosplaying NWA jobbers - but give them a few months and their personas will blossom like we saw with Becky Lynch, Blake and Murphy, etc. before them.

Spectacular match: I can understand folks not thinking it the technical achievement of Brooklyn, but a more emotional outing IMO. There are things you can gripe about in the execution, but there are no two matches this year that I've enjoyed more than theirs, and those who felt the title change lacked heel-face hatred got it here. I've been totally surprised by how invested I am in the two of them. No one else in wrestling comes close right now.

It's mid-October: are people ready to talk about Banks as WOTY yet?

Only had time to check out Asuka/Dana before work today, but that was a really fun competitive squash. I'm pleased they didn't just totally job Dana out, instead presenting it as "Dana is good, but Asuka is simply better". Wasn't a huge fan of Dana doing a handstand moments after Asuka had worked over her arm, but that's nitpicking. The match also featured my favourite ever use of a "You F*cked Up!" chant

Liked the main event but dam Bayley needs to work on her ring presence. Before the first lock up, she just looked like she didn't belong in the ring. Big difference between her and Asuka.

Needs to focus on her opponent and not the floor, its a small thing but just made the match not feel like a main event.

Liked the main event but dam Bayley needs to work on her ring presence. Before the first lock up, she just looked like she didn't belong in the ring. Big difference between her and Asuka.

Needs to focus on her opponent and not the floor, its a small thing but just made the match not feel like a main event.

i got the impression that was supposed to be part of her character. like she's supposed to be the ordinary gal who's still full of self-doubt? dunno

i got the impression that was supposed to be part of her character. like she's supposed to be the ordinary gal who's still full of self-doubt? dunno

I had a similar impression: that she was nervous about the big match, like a girl in a high school play, and it showed all over her face. Seemed intentional to me, or at least her allowing her real nerves to show through for the sake of the character, match, and moment.