Pro Wrestling Only

Everyone should submit a ballot

Grimmas

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem is there's so much out there I haven't watched and trying to do all the requisite homework if you will feels like an insurmountable mountain

That is why I made this post. You have watched a lot or you wouldn't be here. We all have gaps, watch the wrestling you want. It's not going to be perfect, but a snapshot of your current viewing.

I encourage people to turn in a ballot. It's supposed to be fun. Be a voice. We are the Pro Wrestling Only Community. If people have doubts of being qualified no worries everyone has blind spots. If you don't so be it. Don't let I don't think I'm qualified be your factor .

There are a number of reasons that people have become self-conscious about putting ballots together and that a lot of people are hesitant to participate.

On one hand, "you've all watched enough wrestling to participate." On the other hand, "nobody but goodhelmet and KHawk have seen enough footage to fairly rank Bock and Flair."

Getting an account validated can take months, despite more than a dozen emails to various folks from here across different social media platforms and boards. How many interested, committed voters have given up simply because of indifference to them because they weren't around for the New Millenium Blues?

The fact that a small but excesssively vocal minority question not just the rankings on ballots, but continually take isssue with the motivation, methodology and morality behind them is difficult. If I was a lurker or on the fence, I'd be hesitant, too, knowing that, over a wrestling list, my integrity is at hazard.

I love this board, the debates, arguments, & agreements made by several are awesome fun & often educating for me, who cares what anyone thinks about YOUR personal top 100 of all time, post it when the time comes on your ballot & worry about explaining yourself later, everything here is all in good fun my friend, thats what makes this the best forum board around for wrestling discussions

I'm still debating whether or not to submit a ballot, but it isn't because I don't think I've watched enough wrestling. We are the wrestling 1%. Sure I have some huge blindspots. I haven't watched much lucha, I've just started watching joshi, and I'm generally unaware of anything going on in the territories before WWF/WCW went national. With that said, I've watched hundreds of hours of wrestling, to the point that it is hard for me to have a serious conversation with people who have only watched WWE/WCW/ECW. I'm currently trying to watch every four star match ever(yep, it is overwhelming), and if I don't submit a ballot it will be because I'm too overwhelmed to narrow it down. As of now, I don't know how to properly rank, Flair, Jumbo, Misawa, Kawada, Liger, Guerrero, Benoit, Savage, Mysterio...That doesn't even include the wrestlers that I've recently become favorites like Hansen, Kikuchi(I'm potentially the high vote), and Bull Nakano. I'm going to try to keep the gwe ballot in mind while I'm going through my personal project, but I make no promises.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to see where this goes. I think everyone here is more than qualified to submit a ballot, because no one else on the planet cares about wrestling more than us. This board is full of people who care about wrestling more than most people care about anything. If you are here, you care about wrestling in a way that your opinion matters. You wouldn't be here otherwise.

I'm scared that things will turn into "I don't think I've done enough to submit a ballot but you really should submit one." or "I'm really interested to see how it turns out" rather than making sure it turns out.

My advice, don't give a single solitary fuck about what anyone else thinks, and just submit your ballot. If you want to rank the Brooklyn Brawler #1, because you think he's legitimately the best ever don't let anyone tell you different. You aren't voting for president, you are voting for what wrestlers you think are the best.

If anybody feels "not worthy" to submit a ballot, go ahead and go over to the SquaredCircle subreddit and read any random long thread and you'll immediately feel better about the gaps in your knowledge.

My favorite place to hate wrestlingforum.com will also help you in that endeavor.

As a long time browser who only signed up in the first half of this year, I've actually been feeling more confident about submitting a ballot as the process has gone on. Plenty of people have been admitting their blind spots or styles that they just don't get, so it's stopped me feeling so concerned about the gaps in mine. The important thing for me is submitting a list that actually reflects my thoughts, rather than making sure I've got the "right" wrestlers high up. So I'm no longer concerned that Bret is still my working number 1, that I'm going to have Orton, Jarrett and Sabre Jr on my list, or that I'm going to have 3 Von Erich's in the top 50. As Grimmas said in the initial post, the fun part of this is the journey, and discovering guys like Jim Breaks, Crusher Blackwell and Steve Veidor, who I hadn't watched previously, is the big takeaway from the project for me.

What wrestlers I think are the best is far more important than voting in a U.S. Presidential election.

Since the next President is probably going to have to fill up to three Supreme Court seats, not really this time .

Unless you live in a really short list of states, yes really.

And I'll try to submit a ballot.

Unless you live in a really short list of states, yes really.

I live in Texas. For the past two decades, our senators, our governors, and our Presidential electoral votes have ALL consistently gone to one party. Over the same time period my district has overwhelmingly voted a single-party ticket for Congressional representatives, state senators, mayors, and judges. The numbers are too high for any possibility of change in the foreseeable future. There's absolutely no fucking point to voting here.