Pro Wrestling Only

Boxing is Pro Wrestling

fxnj

http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/10/5/9449205/about-bullshit-adrien-broner-boxing-muhammad-ali-floyd-mayweather-history-bradley-marquez-hopkins

I've argued in the past that boxing can easily be looked at as a form of pro wrestling for similar reasons as what Meltz does for MMA, what with guys regularly cutting truthy promos and manufacturing feuds to sell more fights, whilst being pressured by promoters to put on crowd-pleasing brawls to receive more network exposure. The above article, though, delves into a point I had never considered with how boxers regularly use selling and psychology (or "bullshit," as the author calls it) to directly influence how those watching perceive the fight. The author brings up some very convincing examples of how even experts have been roped into buying into fighters' psychology and traces the style as having played a crucial role in the sport since the days of Ali. Very interesting read, I'd assume especially so for anyone who still balks at talking about combat sports using pro wrestling terminology.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...