Pro Wrestling Only

Sasha Banks

Grimmas

I like her a lot, but Manami Toyota, Toshiyo Yamada, Akira Hokuto, Sakie Hasegawa, Yumiko Hotta, Aja Kong, Dynamite Kansai, Mayumi Ozaki, Takako Inoue, Kyoko Inoue, Mariko Yoshida, Commando Bolshoi, Plum Mariko, Chigusa Nagayo, Yukari Ohmori, Lioness Asuka, Itsuki Yamazaki, Noriyo Tateno, Megumi Kudo, Combat Toyoda, Meiko Satomura, Toshie Uematsu, Yoshiko Tamura, Chikayo Nagashima, Cutie Suzuki, Hiromi Yagi, Yumi Fukawa, Mikiko Futagami, Jackie Sato, Tommie Aoyama, Azumi Hyuga, Arisa Nakajima, Sugar Sato, Etsuko Mita, Mima Shimoda, Bison Kimura, Bull Nakano, Jaguar Yokota, Harley Saito, Shinobu Kandori, The Scorpion, Esther Moreno, Kaoru, Debbie Malenko, Monster Ripper, Dump Matsumoto, Condor Saito, AKINO, Chapparita Asari, Hikari Fukuoka and Miss Mongol may take issue if she's ranked and they aren't.

...Ayako Hamada, Amazing Kong, Michiko Omukai, Candy Okutsu, Carlos Amano, Mimi Hagiwara, Misae Genki, Mitsuko Nishiwaki, Mizaki Kana, Momoe Nakanishi, Cooga, Nanae Takahashi, Nancy Kumi, Devil Masami, Ran Yu Yu, Eagle Sawai, Fabi Apache, Harley Saito, Sonoko Kato, Sumie Sakai, Suzuka Minami, Jumbo Hori, The Bloody, Kaoru Ito, Tomoko Watanabe, Kazuo Nagahori, Kumiko Maekawa, La Galactica, Yasha Kurenai, Leliani Kai, Yoko Kosugi, Lucy Kayama, Maki Ueda, Mami Kumano, Yumi Ikeshita, Yumi Ogura, Cheerleader Melissa, Mercedez Martinez, Sara Del Rey, Dark Angel, Madison Eagles, Kana, Ayumi Kurihara...

She's a ludicrous nomination but... I think there's an interesting question in: should she (or someone else) elevate women's wrestling in the WWE to a point where they're on equal footing with the men and can main event major PPVs including WrestleMania, how much does that elevate her amongst/against a comparatively talented but ultimately historically-meaningless woman from Japan or whatever (think a Suzuka Minami type)?

I like her a lot, but Manami Toyota, Toshiyo Yamada, Akira Hokuto, Sakie Hasegawa, Yumiko Hotta, Aja Kong, Dynamite Kansai, Mayumi Ozaki, Takako Inoue, Kyoko Inoue, Mariko Yoshida, Commando Bolshoi, Plum Mariko, Chigusa Nagayo, Yukari Ohmori, Lioness Asuka, Itsuki Yamazaki, Noriyo Tateno, Megumi Kudo, Combat Toyoda, Meiko Satomura, Toshie Uematsu, Yoshiko Tamura, Chikayo Nagashima, Cutie Suzuki, Hiromi Yagi, Yumi Fukawa, Mikiko Futagami, Jackie Sato, Tommie Aoyama, Azumi Hyuga, Arisa Nakajima, Sugar Sato, Etsuko Mita, Mima Shimoda, Bison Kimura, Bull Nakano, Jaguar Yokota, Harley Saito, Shinobu Kandori, The Scorpion, Esther Moreno, Kaoru, Debbie Malenko, Monster Ripper, Dump Matsumoto, Condor Saito, AKINO, Chapparita Asari, Hikari Fukuoka and Miss Mongol may take issue if she's ranked and they aren't.

Damn man, this almost looks like a Dylan list of wrestlers better than HHH where he'll throw in some comedy names like the Renegade for kicks. Monster Ripper? Miss Mongol????

I like Banks a lot but I couldn't see why anyone at this point could reasonably put her in a top 50 GWE women's only list other than perhaps at the bottom. There's so much great stuff from Japan in the 80s and 90s.

Monster Ripper in the Mid 80's was something else. Played her role well.

Banks is the best going right now but she needs a decade of Eddy-type stuff to be considered as highly for this list as she is in general right now.

She might be the craziest Lou Thesz winner of all time, though. Like the Bernie Sanders of the WON Award voting process. :)

It's almost impossible for an American woman to make a strong case because there were so many good workers in the Joshi feds up and down the card for so long. The Divas Revolution would have to be more than the in-name-only thing it's been so far, and now that she's had her NXT farewell, it's going to get even tougher. I realize she isn't only competing with women for spots, but as of now, there are so many even mid-level women in the Japanese groups that have had best matches so far above hers. She's off to a good start, but forget competing for a spot with Aja Kong or Akira Hokuto. I'm still not sure how she competes with Sakie Hasegawa or Yumiko Hotta. It's a handicap that if she can overcome is a phenomenal achievement, but the odds are highly against it working out.

Hell no. She hasn't been around long enough or done enough to even be nominated. Working a fist full of matches in NXT isn't enough for her or anybody for that matter.

The NXT orgy is starting to get a little outta hand. I really enjoy NXT for what it is. But man there's a lot of lemmings when it comes to NXT.

Hell no. She hasn't been around long enough or done enough to even be nominated. Working a fist full of matches in NXT isn't enough for her or anybody for that matter.

The NXT orgy is starting to get a little outta hand. I really enjoy NXT for what it is. But man there's a lot of lemmings when it comes to NXT.

Well she would be my worker of the year for 2015. Two matches in top 5 and another in top 10 is pretty awesome.

That's fine.

One year (2015) doesn't qualify for top hundy imo.

I view this as an all-time list. Not flavor of the year/month.

I'm not voting for her. I didn't nominate her.

However Dylan mentioned putting on anyone who he feels is wrestler of a year onto his list somewhere. We'll see at the end of the year. Sadly, I expect a drop off thanks to the awesome booking of Raw.

So there's people who think she's the rassler of the year? Is it because of the 1 Lynch and 2 Bayley matches? I like her heelin. Just wouldn't put her anywhere near a list like this.

I would, but it's because of her entire body of work. The great matches are great, and a swell feather in her cap. But, it's her consistently high quality work in matches that aren't great that really puts her over the top for me.

• 5 years later...
On 10/15/2015 at 7:41 AM, MJH said:

She's a ludicrous nomination but... I think there's an interesting question in: should she (or someone else) elevate women's wrestling in the WWE to a point where they're on equal footing with the men and can main event major PPVs including WrestleMania, how much does that elevate her amongst/against a comparatively talented but ultimately historically-meaningless woman from Japan or whatever (think a Suzuka Minami type)?

Bet you didn't consider she'd main event a WWE PPV less than 12 months after this post and is now main eventing Wrestlemania.

She's one of the most historically important wrestlers of the decade for sure.

This is gonna be a really interesting case. I think she no doubt has a legit argument for being in it this time around. Her highs are up there with anyone on the WWE roster from the same period and I think she's has the highest lows from the 2010's NXT/WWE women generation.

I'm gonna be very curious if her having a decade working will work against her with voters thinking it's still too early to judge her as a more serious candidate (top 50, 30, 20, 10) or on the contrary, being in her peak, with so much exposure and being such a standout on WWE TV will have climb up in ranking.

Also very interested in how much her influence will play a part in this process. I guess this is more of a broad question as I'm legit curious in how people will take into account that kind of stuff. I know there's already been discussions about promos and drawing, but Sasha is a key figure in a pretty damn big and important shift in WWE AND has the matches to back up her case.

Anyways, she's fucking awesome. If she ends up going Hollywood I hope she is still able to get a couple of more runs, specially in other places, before 2026.