Pro Wrestling Only

[2015-08-28-PWG-Battle of Los Angeles 2015: Day One] Biff Busick vs Andrew Everett

Phil Schneider

I really enjoyed this. Busick is great as a bully against highflyers, he has had a series of good matches against Mike Bailey and this was in that style, Everett would hit some big time highspots inbetween Busick muderizing him with suplexes, clotheslines and uppercuts. There were point where it felt a little formless, but the big stuff was big. At one point Everett went back on offense with this leaping one motion backwards rana which was one of the prettiest highspots I have seen in a while, really shouldn’t have been thrown out in the middle of the match. Finish run of Busick offense looked awesome as Everett takes stuff so crazy that all of Busicks moves look deadly.

Phil hit it on the head by formless. If they would have given Everett a stronger shine, and given Busick a longer lasting heat segment I would have liked it better. Everett is good at selling, we just didn't get it in extended form. Still this was really good and tied for my favorite match of the opening round.

• 4 weeks later...

I wasn't as into this as Phil, largely because of the aimlessness/formlessness of a lot of it as you've both mentioned.

I'm a bit of a Biff mark, so I was hyped for this. I've never been able to get into Andrew Everett much when I've seen him. I felt like Everett dropping the crazy shooting star press to the outside had zero build and meant they had very little opportunity to build to big spots again the in the middle of the match which let it down, but then I guess that's PWG for you. Speaking of which, Everett must be the least convincing high flyer ever - he looks like he's about to be sick every time he climbs the second turnbuckle and takes an AGE to compose himself for any of his big aerial moves, which means his opponents spend ages looking dumb as fuck lying around. Picked up when Biff was in control, great stiff stretch run at the end with some crazy stuff being thrown about by both guys.

2 3/4 Pitchers of Warm Lager out of 5.

• GSR changed the title to [2015-08-28-PWG-Battle of Los Angeles 2015: Day One] Biff Busick vs Andrew Everett