Pro Wrestling Only

[2015-08-28-PWG-Battle of Los Angeles 2015: Day One] Brian Cage vs Aerostar

Phil Schneider

One of my fears about this tourney was the dreaded PWG bloat, this is a fed in the past that has had 14 minutes matches drag to 25, so I was happy this was a compact 9 minutes. Both guys had some cool ideas, that they only hit sometimes, I liked Cage doing curls with Aerostar's body, and that finish hanging Steiner screwdriver was uncalled for. Cage is good in Lucha Underground 4-Ways, and this felt like it could have used two more guys to do some stuff in between their big spots. If they had included Big Ryck and Drago this might have been something great.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I know I'm over a month out with this but I'm working through BOLA 2015 at the moment and have just finished night one so figured I'd share my thoughts.

I don't usually use star ratings for matches but as a tribute to the Reseda crowd, I'm going to give these a "Pitchers Of Warm Lager" (PWL) out of five rating.

I'm quite a fan of Cage usually, especially when he's going full rudo with his massive roidabused guns on plucky high flyers, but man this was all over the place. Two big botches from Aero Star took me right out the match and this degenerated into a sloppy mess. No real chemistry here at all, so lets all move on.

1 PWL / 5

• GSR changed the title to [2015-08-28-PWG-Battle of Los Angeles 2015: Day One] Brian Cage vs Aerostar