Pro Wrestling Only

Terry Taylor

Grimmas

Never got the backlash. Super solid worker. Might be somewhat dull as a babyface, but that's because he's a natural heel. Always enjoyed him whenever he showed up in WCW in the 90's, and was very good in UWF. Not top 100 material, but a super solid hand. Kind of a dick apparently (maybe because his own is small if you believe Missy).

Taylor was a hot babyface for Watts before he moved on to JCP. He was just as popular (if not more) as Maggie was in the same time frame for Watts. Don't believe me? Ask Meltzer.

I really think he needed a blood feud with Sawyer in the first half of 86. I think it woulda helped put him over the top after his JCP exit.

His heel turn and work was his true calling. To bad he had heat with Dust. Because he woulda made a great fuckin Horseman in 88.

As for the Benji list. Man. Just don't know.

I tend to agree with the consensus that Taylor was solid but lacked the characteristics that would make a top 100 guy. As much as a cop out as this is, I think he lacked the intangibles to really make a mark in the ring as a memorable feature attraction. And while I am certainly in favor of considering guys who met their performance goals (even if those goals weren't 'have good matches'), I don't think Taylor ever really found the niche he could have as a second banana in a stable or as a secondary title contender post UWF.