Pro Wrestling Only

[2015-08-29-PWG-Battle of Los Angeles 2015: Day Two] Mt. Rushmore 2.0 (Super Dragon & The Young Bucks) vs Trevor Lee & Andrew Everett & Biff Busick

Phil Schneider

Super Dragon returns after a four year absence, which was preceded by a three year absence, so it has been seven years or so since he has been a regular active wrestler and he comes in killing people like he hasn’t missed a beat. He takes an Alabama Slam on a ladder, does a flip dive and takes a bunch of chair shots to the head. Busick and he just rip into each other all match. Busick feels like a guy who grew up watching Super Dragon and was super amped to have a chance to have one of these crazy brawls. Bucks are fine in this kind of nutjob brawl (my favorite Bucks match ever is their Guerrila warfare match against Dragon and Steen), they aren’t afraid to take big bumps and they make you want to see them suffer. Everett has had a great tourney so far, his big fake out dive was one of my spots of the year, and his lunatic springboard shooting press was incredible. Did care about the stuff with the ref, and the thumbtack shoes were cooler in theory then in execution, but this was the most lunatic match of the year, and I loved it.

• GSR changed the title to [2015-08-29-PWG-Battle of Los Angeles 2015: Day Two] Mt. Rushmore 2.0 (Super Dragon & The Young Bucks) vs Trevor Lee & Andrew Everett & Biff Busick