Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:04 AM

The site is still up for me  (12pm EST)

#43 NickH

NickH
  • Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

The site is still up for me  (12pm EST)

All I see is Tharpe's email, but no matches. It's done...... for now.

#44 Brian Elliott

Brian Elliott
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:07 AM

The site is still up, the free matches are still playable, and there's still a signup process for the other matches. 

I really hope this stuff can remain available in some form.

#45 paul sosnowski

paul sosnowski
  • Banned
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:23 PM

Umm....ask for access to the Village Green section if you don't already have it.....

#46 The Russian Daydream

The Russian Daydream
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:41 AM

I've long being curious what is in the Village Green section. I just assumed it was by invitation only, and that I didn't have the type of seniority to get invited!

#47 NickH

NickH
  • Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:09 AM

Well, a new youtube page for NWA Wrestling just started and in the comments section someone asked about classic NWA matches being uploaded with the current stuff and they replied "This is the channel you'll find content moving forward".

Listening to Dave Lagana this week, he has clearly said they don't want anything behind a paywall because they want to build an audience first. He said Corgan would rather have 300,000 fans getting content for free than 4,000 fans behind a paywall and so it wouldn't surprise me if old matches start showing up on youtube. Keep a look out.

#48 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 11230 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:53 AM

Considering what you just said, they would have little logical need to post anything that hadn't already been converted and already posted for years if ever. Plus never the real bottom of the card stuff. While we're interested in that, it might damage the "brand."

#49 peachchaos

peachchaos
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:51 AM

Yeah, I can picture the marquee Harley Race defenses against Andre and Terry Funk being uploaded, along with some of the more famous "Mid South" matches but I'm doubtful we'll get the next unearthed Bockwinkel classic anytime soon. 

Prove me wrong, Lasagna!

#50 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 11230 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:05 AM

Yeah, I can picture the marquee Harley Race defenses against Andre and Terry Funk being uploaded, along with some of the more famous "Mid South" matches but I'm doubtful we'll get the next unearthed Bockwinkel classic anytime soon. 

Prove me wrong, Lasagna!

And again, that's still a main event match, not an interesting seven minute Nick Kozak vs foreign heel undercard match. But it is not like you can really blame them.

#51 Stuttsy

Stuttsy
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 02:44 PM

Thanks for this, guys. Cataloging match listings today and this has been a big help. Does anyone know anything about the Abdullah vs. Sika studio TV match?! Where / when / anything? Thanks!

#52 shoe

shoe
  • Moderators
  • 9154 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 03:56 PM

Thanks for this, guys. Cataloging match listings today and this has been a big help. Does anyone know anything about the Abdullah vs. Sika studio TV match?! Where / when / anything? Thanks!

Steve Stack is doing commentary so my feeling Southwest. He references Championship Wrestling a few times. I want to say 1978.

#53 shoe

shoe
  • Moderators
  • 9154 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 03:58 PM

Also looks like this dude is uploading footage from Houston.

https://www.youtube....vEm284auxcrvvaA

#54 khawk20

khawk20
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 2422 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:35 AM

Also looks like this dude is uploading footage from Houston.

https://www.youtube....vEm284auxcrvvaA

He was but there has been nothing new uploaded for 5 months or so. He was putting it up in bunches for weeks.

I assume he just ran out of footage he had grabbed himself to put up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users