Pro Wrestling Only

Pro Wrestling Moves in Other Sports

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I once saw a shoot hurricanrana, of all damn things. Happened during a sparring session in jiu-jitsu class. A tiny Mysterio-sized woman leaped right up, locked her legs hard around the skull of this big Brock-sized dude, whiplashed her entire body like a pendulum and yanked him right down onto the mat. He had no idea it was coming, his landing was a hundred different kinds of awkward.

I can't find it anywhere, but does anyone else have the clip of the time one of the American Gladiators actually managed to pull off a sunset-flip-powerbomb on one of the contestants? I can't even remember if it was a man or a woman (might've been Gina Carano, come to think of it) but it happened on that giant ziggurat-shaped pyramid obstacle. Closest thing to a non-cooperative Canadian Destroyer that I've ever seen.

Some years ago, I tried my hand at some jiujitsu. One night, I was was rolling with a dude and ended up trying to use a leg scissors choke.

Eventually, I stopped trying. We laughed about it. He said it didn't do a thing towards choking him out.

My first day doing judo was fairly rough. I had to learn how to fall, I only learned one throw, and one hold down, but was expected to participate in the end of class rolling(by end of class, I mean the last hour). So not knowing how to defend throws I hit the ground a lot. I really didn't have any idea how to defend myself from anything. Most of the class was gentle, but this guy who had just earned his yellow belt threw me around like a rag doll. At the time I was 19 and about 175 lbs. of brutal force whose entire life was based upon eating and working out. So this 130 pound dude kept throwing me on the ground until he made the tactical error and went for a Tomoe Nage. What he didn't know is that Mr. Perfect was one of my favorite wrestlers as a kid. I caught his leg when he went to post his foot and hit that bitch with a fisherman's suplex. I was frustrated from getting my ass kicked and just went with what I knew. He had the wind knocked out of him, but he was OK, but I was told with no uncertain terms that suplexing people would not be tolerated.

• 2 weeks later...