Pro Wrestling Only

Bull Pain

Grimmas

In some ways Pain is the all time journeyman wrestler. If you are the type of person who thinks making it on the big stage is a prerequisite to be considered for a list like this he's off the table. If you are someone who favors searching for the obscure, forgotten, and eccentric, he's someone you might consider.

I can't honestly say I'll vote for him, but for guys who made their career in the indies there are very few guys who gave off a "real asskicker" vibe as authentic as Bull's. He is one of the better American death match wrestlers, and in general is very fun in the sort of out of control brawls that defined much of independent wrestling in the pre-ROH years. He's one of those guys who I always get excited to see matches of pop up on YouTube whether they are short TN indie slugfests or wild fights with Ian Rotten. Unlike a lot of guys with somewhat similar careers, he did have a really great run in Puerto Rico as part of the Texas Hangmen that produced some really strong matches that I would consider "canon" for that time and place. I would consider him a viable pick for people who were really into Midwest indie wrestling, American Death Matches, or Puerto Rico, so he deserved a nomination.

As fun as the CZW vs. ROH feud was at times, I thought IWA-MS being used as a territory third party would have been a fun dynamic and can see Pain, Ian, Todd Morton and a host of other people as the main mid-south contingent.

Bull is someone that I want to watch the Hangman stuff of but his indy stuff is pretty awesome and has a great sense of realism to his brawls.

• 3 months later...