Pro Wrestling Only

UFC is a Solid Heel Territory Right Now

Cap

What amazes me the most about UFC is how it only takes them 3 or 4 fights over the course of a year or two in the company to turn a guy from nothing into a Main Event level draw. It takes boxers a dozen fights on HBO, Showtime, and ESPN over the course of 4 or 5 years until the guy is a PPV draw. WWE takes years of developmental, years of being pushed strong in the midcard on weekly TV, then a monster main event push on weekly TV for a guy to be a real draw. For WWE its a 3 to 4 year process to see return on their investment. But UFC, the guy does a fight on cable, then a fight on Fox, then an undercard on a PPV, then he headlines a fight on Fox, then he's ready to headline a PPV. It's a two year process if even until UFC sees a return on investment. They really are doing something right.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/23041711/conor-mcgregor-makes-appearance-ufc-223-media-day

Best angle I've seen in ages. McGregor is getting that "white heat"

Three fights cancelled for Saturday's show in the wake of this. I'm not holding my breath on it, but when do they say enough is enough?

Depending on what he gets charged with and pleas to, he could have future Visa issues. He's also going to lose a lot of that Mayweather money to the lawsuits he's about to face.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/23041711/conor-mcgregor-makes-appearance-ufc-223-media-day

Best angle I've seen in ages. McGregor is getting that "white heat"

Three fights cancelled for Saturday's show in the wake of this. I'm not holding my breath on it, but when do they say enough is enough?

Depending on what he gets charged with and pleas to, he could have future Visa issues. He's also going to lose a lot of that Mayweather money to the lawsuits he's about to face.

I'm going with this is a worked shoot to set up McGregor vs Nurmagomedov. Nurmagomedov roughed up one of McGregor's crew at a hotel or something and now McGregor and his crew crash a press conference and trash a bus ahead of Nurmagomedov's fight. The whole thing ends up being recorded and posted on social media and is covered by UFC's media partners. Until this happened casual fans didn't even know who was fighting this weekend. Yeah this is a work just like when McGregor and Diaz threw water bottles at each other. UFC is so much better at pro wrestling than any pro wrestling company.

Yeah, it's not looking like a work right now. But I wouldn't blame somebody for smelling a conspiracy here, especially if a Khabib/McGregor fight in Russia happens later on down the road. I really wish everything was pro wrestling, because this is the angle of the year. If it doesn't lead to anything, it will be criminally disappointing.

I neve rated Ronda as Modern Figther she would have fit better in the old style vs style days why do i say this because top level grappler bad striker as her fight with Holm Proved same problem alot of the Japanese 1st genreation of fighters had ask any one how Fought him Suzuki was top level grappler who over all ceas not very good striker same with alot of the Pancrase guys over all

Yeah, I think he dies a little on the inside every time Stipe successfully defends the belt and lives to tank another buyrate.

You can actually count on Stipe for a solid, stable PPV number, and that's a big thing for 2018 UFC.

I'm going with this is a worked shoot to set up McGregor vs Nurmagomedov. Nurmagomedov roughed up one of McGregor's crew at a hotel or something...

Khabib didn't rough up anybody... He just confronted Artem...

Yeah this is a work just like when McGregor and Diaz threw water bottles at each other.

You know throwing bottles of water at each other and throwing a dolly and a chair at a bus full of fighters is entirely different, right?

And you know as a result of those objects being thrown at said bus, the windows were smashed and there's a guy who's not even a fighter with a broken knuckle, there's a fighter with his face all cut and another fighter who is said to have glass in his eye from the window...

Both fighters which were pulled from fights this weekend because of those actions.

Not everything is pro-wres. and not everything is a work...

I neve rated Ronda as Modern Figther she would have fit better in the old style vs style days why do i say this because top level grappler bad striker as her fight with Holm Proved same problem alot of the Japanese 1st genreation of fighters had ask any one how Fought him Suzuki was top level grappler who over all ceas not very good striker same with alot of the Pancrase guys over all

Ah yes, the typical "Ronda was never good" post 2 lose streak talk, because yeah, she was no good when she was steamrolling everyone else at 145 early on and then at 135...

It's funny you mention this, because ironically the person she dropped the title to (Holly Holm) then went on to to drop it to a chick Ronda went 3-0 against (Miesha Tate)...

And even then, Ronda could still beat a lot of the chicks at 135 with her grappling skills only.

Also, Have you not see guys like Demian Maia before? Another one dimensional grappler who's even worked himself into title shots and don't even dare say his striking is even remotely decent, because it's some of the worse ever. Let's not even mention the other endless one dimensional grapplers who've had success in the sport...

I'm not a Ronda fan by any chance, but to say she was no good or you neve rated her simply because she lost 2 fights in a row is quite shameful.

Ah yes, the typical "Ronda was never good" post 2 lose streak talk, because yeah, she was no good when she was steamrolling everyone else at 145 early on and then at 135...

It's funny you mention this, because ironically the person she dropped the title to (Holly Holm) then went on to to drop it to a chick Ronda went 3-0 against (Miesha Tate)...

And even then, Ronda could still beat a lot of the chicks at 135 with her grappling skills only.

Also, Have you not see guys like Demian Maia before? Another one dimensional grappler who's even worked himself into title shots and don't even dare say his striking is even remotely decent, because it's some of the worse ever. Let's not even mention the other endless one dimensional grapplers who've had success in the sport...

I'm not a Ronda fan by any chance, but to say she was no good or you neve rated her simply because she lost 2 fights in a row is quite shameful.

i said grapllers had sucess but more pure grapplers has more sucess in the old days on the sport i think people find prue grappling boring hence why people hate that shamrock vs severn match while my fave mma fight of all time vs saku vs gracie you know the one unlinted round that last over one hour and i like takayama vs frye

i like ronda but admot her weeknesses i like grapplers more than srikers always have always will

while not mma i like watching Judo over K1 and alike

i said grapllers had sucess but more pure grapplers has more sucess in the old days on the sport i think people find prue grappling boring hence why people hate that shamrock vs severn match while my fave mma fight of all time vs saku vs gracie you know the one unlinted round that last over one hour and i like takayama vs frye

i like ronda but admot her weeknesses i like grapplers more than srikers always have always will

while not mma i like watching Judo over K1 and alike

One dimensional grapplers still have a lot of success today even if fans find them boring. I used to find wrestlers who would just grind out fighters boring too and then I began doing BJJ and realized how hard it is to take someone down and hold them down without getting swept.

That Saku vs. Royce 90 minute match is one of the greatest MMA fights of all-time. Saku using Royce's gi against him to fold him up is one of the most greatest moments in MMA history. I remember really liking the Saku vs. Kendo Kashin match from INOKI BOM-BA-YE 2000 because Saku employed elements of that Royce fight into that match, such as folding Kendo up, spinning him around on his back by the foot, the mounted double Mongolian chops, etc.

Ronda's stand up is horrendous, but her strength, which is her judo, is amazing and she can beat a lot of the fighters on the UFC roster still. WMMA hasn't really evolved that much. Look at those horrendous Invicta FC cards with a ton of fighters with losing records and look at a lot of the WMMA fights and you'll see the lack of technique and skill in a lot of the fighters.

I haven't been following K-1 in forever, but I've read people really putting over Takeru. They've also mentioned Takeru vs. Tenshin as a dream fight. I haven't seen much Takeru, but Tenshin has been amazing in his 7-8 RIZIN fights under both kickboxing and MMA rules.

I'm going with this is a worked shoot to set up McGregor vs Nurmagomedov. Nurmagomedov roughed up one of McGregor's crew at a hotel or something...

Khabib didn't rough up anybody... He just confronted Artem...

Yeah this is a work just like when McGregor and Diaz threw water bottles at each other.

You know throwing bottles of water at each other and throwing a dolly and a chair at a bus full of fighters is entirely different, right?

And you know as a result of those objects being thrown at said bus, the windows were smashed and there's a guy who's not even a fighter with a broken knuckle, there's a fighter with his face all cut and another fighter who is said to have glass in his eye from the window...

Both fighters which were pulled from fights this weekend because of those actions.

Not everything is pro-wres. and not everything is a work...

They also traumatized another fighter to the point she might pull out of her fight as well.