Pro Wrestling Only

NXT talk

Woof

When the bell rings, Moon is solid and there's no questioning her skill and talent. However, the character work hasn't moved past cosplaying vampire novels. Everything Ember does from a character perspective is of the shallowness of a teenage deciding one day to go 'dark' because her crush doesn't even know she exists. It doesn't do anything for me and I would like to see more from her than blank stares and D Level scowls that would make Len Wiseman cringe.

Is there any character work by her at all? The only thing to her character I have seen so far (mind you, I don't watch the weekly show, at least not in the last half year) are the contacts and the video on the screen during her entrance. I don't even know what her character is supposed to be. Vampire? Werewolf?

I think she battles the dark forces of the Negaverse?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck that "character work" talking point nonsense. Was Duke Droese "character work" garbagy enough ? What the fuck is Gargano's "character work" apart from "underdog babyface" ? Ember Moon is "fiery babyface with a cool look". If that's not enough for you, well... Don't make pro-wrestling more complicated than it needs to be.

How fucking awesome would it be to get a War Machine vs Heavy Machinery feud?

Are these mirror matches ever any good (or at least memorable)? I suppose Demolition vs. Powers of Pain (around Survivor Series 88), Road Warriors vs. Demolition (after Summerslam 90) and Road Warriors vs. Powers of Pain all happened, but I don't remember anyone talking about that.

Road Warriors vs POP was good but they never really got to do much since they wanted to do scaffold matches and POP rightly said fuck that.

Am the only one who has no use for The Undisputed Era? They seem like the vanilla-est of the vanilla midgets to me. Adam Cole's insignificant jobber showing the next night at Royal Rumble pretty much tells me he'll be the "star" of 205 Live by this time next year.

Adam Cole is a fantastic actor. His promos, facial expressions, and acting choices are all outstanding. When I was watching ROH when he was there he was clearly heads and shoulders above almost everyone else. I think he's outstanding.

That's like being a Chick Fil-A chicken sandwich at McDonald's.

Cole's a strange one to me in that he's almost always an absolute bore and aside from popping the crowd with a BAYBAY here and there, his look and act rarely fail to rise above tolerable boredom. That being said, the man unquestionably delivers in plunder brawls. He was great against Black, as well as in a terrific Final Battle brawl against O'Relly a few years back. But straight wrestling? Not so much. Accentuate the positive: let the man deliver his brand of CZW-lite at every turn.

Adam Cole strikes me as a better looking Steve Corino. His match with Black was excellent.

God damn, that's a perfect descriptor of him. He's what would have happened if Steve Corino would have bothered staying in shape and got a WWE deal at some point.

Adam Cole is a fantastic actor. His promos, facial expressions, and acting choices are all outstanding. When I was watching ROH when he was there he was clearly heads and shoulders above almost everyone else. I think he's outstanding.

Ok, well...despite the owner being a homophobic old creep, Chick Fil-A chicken sandwiches are awesome.

How fucking awesome would it be to get a War Machine vs Heavy Machinery feud?

Are these mirror matches ever any good (or at least memorable)? I suppose Demolition vs. Powers of Pain (around Survivor Series 88), Road Warriors vs. Demolition (after Summerslam 90) and Road Warriors vs. Powers of Pain all happened, but I don't remember anyone talking about that.

Heavy Machinery vs Authors of Pain was a good, overlooked little match that never had another chance to shine. Considering how those two teams are similar, and how War Machine have a similar vibe... could see it working. Hoss tag teams are underrated as shit.

When the bell rings, Moon is solid and there's no questioning her skill and talent. However, the character work hasn't moved past cosplaying vampire novels. Everything Ember does from a character perspective is of the shallowness of a teenage deciding one day to go 'dark' because her crush doesn't even know she exists. It doesn't do anything for me and I would like to see more from her than blank stares and D Level scowls that would make Len Wiseman cringe.

Is there any character work by her at all? The only thing to her character I have seen so far (mind you, I don't watch the weekly show, at least not in the last half year) are the contacts and the video on the screen during her entrance. I don't even know what her character is supposed to be. Vampire? Werewolf?

I think she battles the dark forces of the Negaverse?

I only expect this type of thing from people whose acts are so full of overdone try-hard, like Bray Wyatt. And those types usually suck anyway.

Ok, well...despite the owner being a homophobic old creep, Chick Fil-A chicken sandwiches are awesome.

Tasty, yes, but it's still fast food that upsets your stomach and gives you the shits.

Adam Cole strikes me as a better looking Steve Corino. His match with Black was excellent.

Fish & O'Reilly are a tremendous team, from what I've seen.

The typical random WWE name is stupid though.

If youre talking about Cole, that was his name in the Indys.

I'm talking about "The Undisputed Era". Sounds like what a Japanese team would call themselves, in typical awkward English. Like "The Authors of Pain", it kinda sounds like it doesn't really mean anything, but almost does (actually, the later sounds pretty good in French).

Yeah, its not the greatest name but wrestling has always had some weird names that eventually just become something you dont find awkward anymore, like Triple H. 😀

And Authors of Pain rules since it can be just AOP , and it makes sense based on when they arrived, Ellering would be reading from a book, presumably the Book of Pain.

And Ive never gotten the shits from Chick Fil-A. McDonalds, yes. The only thing I ever got from Chick Fil-A was guilt over spending money there until my gay nephew told me even he likes their food and gave me a pass. 😀