Pro Wrestling Only

NXT talk

Woof

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was me the North American title would either be Lars Sullivan or Velveteen Dream. By the way salivating at the thought of Lars in a ladder match :wub: Since it is a ladder match maybe Ricochet would make sense as a champion. I don't know about EC3 winning it that night.

Having said all of that I assume it will be Adam Cole

Except that EC3 surpasses Adam Cole in every single category aside from *maybe* making the most out of garbage & weapons matches. EC3 is a better talker and all-around character by a wide margin. Cole is essentially the next Edge - very bland overall, a highlight guy in garbage settings, but highly dependent on the level of the performers surrounding him.

If they're looking to buy stock in either of those guys, then EC3 is simply the better selection in my view. I realize some may ding him for the TNA association, but the fact that he rose above that should be a major nod in his favor. Inversely, Cole has the built-in benefit of the PWG super Indy buzz, but he's also got the stink of the Undisputed Era (an all-time terrible name for any faction) and just being totally bland since his NXT arrival for the most part.

I've never seen EC3 before (that I'm aware of, anyway), but I've been binging a lot of NXT from around November last year through to where it's currently at, and I'll be fucked if I haven't enjoyed Adam Cole quite a bit. I had never particularly cared for him before and the Adam Cole Bay Bay stuff is goofy and all, but to me he's come across as a guy that feels soon-to-be ready for the main roster. I have no dog in an Adam Cole v EC3 fight, though. If I'm pulling for anyone in that ladder match it's Velveteen Dream.

Between Ciampa vs. Gargano, the ladder match and Almas vs. Black, Takeover once again shapes up to be phenomenal.

I think it depends if youre into Black. Im personally not but the Gargano feud was going to be impossible to follow no matter who challenged after. Im sure the show will be good (obviously Gargano/Ciampa will rule) but Im not as emotionally invested in the card and am fine with being at ROH that night and catching Takeover in the AM.

The Burch/Lorcan team is odd, because they got paired up after having two violent fun matches against each other, but seem to lose every match they have as a team. Burch seems to have that Hardcore Holly thing of being referred to as one of the toughest men in the company whilst losing every match.

I agree. Neither of them has accomplished much of note so far in NXT, but they seem to have impressed people with those matches against each other. (And so they should have, because those matches were great.) I keep hoping that this team of theirs somehow breaks through to the next level. It could be that segment was used just to put the Undisputed Era over as big heels - but I don't know why Burch needed to come out for that. They could have got the point across by just having Cole, O'Reilly and Strong beat up Lorcan. When Burch tried to make the save, I really hoped that signaled a possible angle/title match for Burch and Lorcan against O'Reilly and Strong.

Another reason I thought that might be the case, was just by considering the NXT Tag Team division and looking at who is available. With the AoP now gone to Raw, you have to consider Heavy Machinery the #1 face Tag Team in NXT, but they're clearly heading into a feud with War Raiders. I guess it would make sense to predict that Bate, Seven and Dunne might now feud with the Undisputed Era as a stable? Other than that, who are the logical contenders to O'Reilly and Strong? I don't see TM-61 or The Street Profits being at that level yet. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Burch and Lorcan getting the shot.