NXT

• Please log in to reply
1086 replies to this topic

#1041 Jmare007

Jmare007
  • Members
  • 1198 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:59 PM

RE: Asuka. That's gotta be one of the strongest runs by a performer ever, no? She went undefeated for almost 2 years and then left the "promotion", vacated its belt and left

#1042 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4743 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:23 PM

I find O'Reilly and Cole to be fairly boring so their addition to the roster does little for me.

#1043 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:35 PM

If not for the fact that he looks like Dick Dastardly, I'd actually say Fish is pretty bland too.

Asuka leaving is not at all a bad thing. Sure, the women's division loses her best performer, but if that means you give more shine to the likes of Ember Moon, Nikki Cross, Peyton Royce (the most underrated gal of them all IMO) and even someone like Mandy Rose, that's a plus.

As for Roode leaving.... that's not as good. He was the best champion they've had since Neville, and the idea of someone and boring as Adam Cole feuding with McIntyre who, despite looking like a megastar, doesn't have a good enough connection with the crowd yet, is not very thrilling to me.

The same goes for AOP getting called up, if that happens soon. ReDragon vs Sanity is..... not very interesting.

#1044 Eduardo

Eduardo
  • Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:48 PM

NXT from the beginning of this year with Roode, Nakamura, Asuka, DIY, Revival as its top stars to current day NXT with McIntyre, Cole, ReDragon on top feels like such a radical change. I do like O'Reilly a lot (his match with Keith Lee earlier this year was one of my favorites of 2017) but say what you want about Roode, Nakamura, but they had way more charisma than McIntyre (who I feel felt like a way bigger and more charismatic star wrestling Lorcan than he looked beating Roode), Cole and ReDragon. Asuka leaving as well, who felt like the best overall performer on the brand and the MVP at the last TakeOver, makes it a lot less interesting to me. 

But curious what they have lined-up for the Houston TakeOver in November. They got Strong, Ohno, Gargano, Almas, no reason why it shouldn't be a good wrestling card. 

#1045 Sean Liska

Sean Liska
  • Members
  • 1158 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:57 PM

I'm done doubting NXT. I thought Brooklyn looked like one of their weaker lineups, no way it can follow Chicago, and it might be my show of the year. I fully expect Houston to be amazing, I don't care what the lineup is.

I haven't followed Cole's career closely but I was in Brooklyn for the show and people were just overjoyed coming out of the arena, just going nuts. So, no matter what you think of him, certainly seems like they have a guy that can carry the brand for the next year to their core audience.

#1046 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 2788 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, music, comics, beer, movies, history, sports...good manly stuff.

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:19 PM

Nothing that hasn't been stated before, but NXT is the antithesis of main roster WWE. One hour of TV a week and five big shows well spaced out throughout the year, no bloated nonsense like Mania and Summerslam, titles mean something, wins and loses matter, the roster continually changes so nobody gets stale...in short it's like an old territory and I love it. I'm interested to see where they go with the new additions. I'm sad to see Asuka's run end, and also Roode's, but they have Black, Gargano, Ohno, Strong, Nikki, McIntyre, Lorcan, the ROH faction, plus hopefully more of the UK crew and women from the Mae Young classic. I'm totally looking forward to the rest of the year

#1047 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1054 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:46 PM

Now let us begin the countdown to when Asuka gets beaten by Nia Jax on Raw in a match with no buildup and no ramifications.

#1048 Sean Liska

Sean Liska
  • Members
  • 1158 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:59 PM

Now let us begin the countdown to when Asuka gets beaten by Nia Jax on Raw in a match with no buildup and no ramifications.

Eh I say treat it like being a territory fan back in the day. Dundee leaving Memphis to be a jobber in Crockett wouldn't affect your enjoyment of Memphis. Pretend NXT exists in its own world.

#1049 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8859 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:10 AM

I'd rather think about Asuka vs Charlotte, Sasha, Bliss, Becky... But yeah, it's gonna probably happen.

#1050 TonyPulis'Cap

TonyPulis'Cap
  • Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:10 AM

Nothing that hasn't been stated before, but NXT is the antithesis of main roster WWE. One hour of TV a week and five big shows well spaced out throughout the year, no bloated nonsense like Mania and Summerslam, titles mean something, wins and loses matter, the roster continually changes so nobody gets stale...in short it's like an old territory and I love it. I'm interested to see where they go with the new additions. I'm sad to see Asuka's run end, and also Roode's, but they have Black, Gargano, Ohno, Strong, Nikki, McIntyre, Lorcan, the ROH faction, plus hopefully more of the UK crew and women from the Mae Young classic. I'm totally looking forward to the rest of the year

I couldn't agree more with this - NXT is everything that I want as a televised wrestling product. A breezy one hour watch each week, with usually one decent 10 minute match building to events that always deliver, even when people say they are flat going in. Even the style of video packages and recaps pulls me in more than the way over the top main roster ones. 

#1051 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1054 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:32 PM

I caught this week's NXT show, and to echo the sentiments of other people in this thread, at elsewhere at PWO...

NXT really needs to get out of Full Sail.

That crowd has become way too jaded, quiet and reserved.  They don't make half the noise they used to.  Now they really only seem to get excited for whoever the latest new face is.  I know WWE is in serious cost-cutting mode, and taking TV on the road is probably a lot more expensive, but I wish they'd do it.

#1052 Sean Liska

Sean Liska
  • Members
  • 1158 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:54 PM

I caught this week's NXT show, and to echo the sentiments of other people in this thread, at elsewhere at PWO...

NXT really needs to get out of Full Sail.

That crowd has become way too jaded, quiet and reserved.  They don't make half the noise they used to.  Now they really only seem to get excited for whoever the latest new face is.  I know WWE is in serious cost-cutting mode, and taking TV on the road is probably a lot more expensive, but I wish they'd do it.

Yeah it's really starting to harm my enjoyment of the TV show as well, I'm big on atmosphere with my wrestling. I know they're already spending a lot of money on NXT, but I dunno, maybe they get a ridiculous amount of money in TV rights in 2019 and they can start doing tapings in 1,500 seat venues around the country.

#1053 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4743 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:03 PM

You could also tape 2-3 episodes at a time and not burn a crowd out by the end of it.

#1054 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 2788 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, music, comics, beer, movies, history, sports...good manly stuff.

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:02 PM

I *sniff* got something in my eye while watching Asuka's farewell ceremony

#1055 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 2788 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:07 PM

Pretty solid no Dq bout between Itami and Ohno too. ***

#1056 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7884 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:58 PM

I agree with Kelly, a good episode of TV there. Asuka's exit was very well done. The main event was a good match. Shayna Deville impressed me, really liked her swagger.

#1057 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:09 AM

Really good episode. Almas squash was a lot of fun, Lars destroying people makes me long for a match with Braun, and the main event was good. Still not crazy about Deville. The presentation of her as an MMA fighter just seems so forced (which is ironic considering she did MMA) as opposed to the more natural charisma and presence of Shayna.

#1058 Gutenberger

Gutenberger

The German

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling (obviously), Football (The european version),
    Reading, Video Games, TV-Series, Movies, Comicbooks. . .

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:27 AM

I *sniff* got something in my eye while watching Asuka's farewell ceremony

Strange coincidence, the same tihng happened to me,also...

Btw. i loved Itami's face after the low blow, really stuck out to me. I dunno why.

#1059 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:05 AM

Was a great facial reaction, especially considering how serious Itami is most of the time.

#1060 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 2788 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:34 PM

Oney Lorcan vs Lars Sullivan from this week's show was predictably awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users