Pro Wrestling Only

NXT talk

Woof

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently it's just been announced that Danny Burch has signed a full time NXT contract, so they might actually be pushing the Lorcan team more now. Good for him, didn't let his release dishearten him too much, got into the best shape of his career, boosted his reputation on the indies and made sure the WWE kept him in mind

I hope that Cena does not watch NXT. Mauro used the following great line about Adam Cole: "Cole may be slimier than John Cena at the Kids' Choice Awards, but (...)."

That Dakota Kai segment was really weird. I get that they are working a classic "underdog overcoming the bully" story, but Kai acting like a 12-year-old who got pantsed in front of her whole class or like a full grown woman who was sexually assaulted seems to be too much.

I think the women's division will be ok. You've got a strong heel on top in Baszler, who's been having good to great matches since she debuted, and a fun pack of babyfaces to challenge. Nikki Cross, Kairi, Dakota Kai, Nixon Newall hopefully debuting soon. Even Candace, who I think is a pretty blah wrestler, is massively over. Below that, Bianca Belair looks like a real prospect, and people like Vanessa Borne and Lacey Evans will get the chance to sink or swim.

If you're talking about the line itself, then Cena wouldn't be bothered. It's inoffensive and more of a shout out than anything.

If you're talking about Mauro's shitty, awful references, then yeah. Cena's probably hoping he doesn't watch NXT either.

I have learned in the meantime that Cena usually gets literally slimed at these awards shows. I really thought that was a sick burn by Mauro but it is just another lame reference.

Wow is the NXT women's division just a dumpster fire right now. I know they've gotten raided pretty heavily but outside of Baszler, LaRae and Sane there really isn't anyone interesting.

and Bianca Belair and Dakota Kai and Nikki Cross and Aliyah, the others I haven't seen enough to be impressed, but it's a pretty good roster there that just needs to be built up.

They have talent but it feels like you have just a bunch of people. There's no attachment to any of them.

Like I said, they just need time. There has been a massive turn over in the last few months and it takes time to get the new characters over.

If you're talking about the line itself, then Cena wouldn't be bothered. It's inoffensive and more of a shout out than anything.

If you're talking about Mauro's shitty, awful references, then yeah. Cena's probably hoping he doesn't watch NXT either.

I have learned in the meantime that Cena usually gets literally slimed at these awards shows. I really thought that was a sick burn by Mauro but it is just another lame reference.

Wait, what the fuck did you think he meant?

They have talent but it feels like you have just a bunch of people. There's no attachment to any of them.

Rewatch NXT circa 2012-14. They had Emma, Bayley (who I think was a heel at that time), Sasha, Charlotte, Becky doing irish dancing... They were just "a bunch of people". Look at them now.

It takes time to build this sort of connection, my dude. Talent-wise, it looks as good as ever. Belair clearly has top tier potential and Shayna is already insanely good. I wouldn't worry much.

I love Bianca Belair. She's impressed me every time she's on screen. Star presence, exudes charisma, very good in the ring and entertaining too, just all around great. Her against Kairi was my favorite match of the MYC. I hope she eventually gets a big run as champ.

After every call-up, I find myself thinking that NXT is finally falling. Then, by the time the next Takeover rolls around, they have me eating out of their hand again.

I actually like where the womens division is right now. There are a ton of possibilities and none of them are particularly obvious at the moment.

I'm actually OK with the women's division in NXT right now. I find myself enjoying it more because Ember Moon was called-up to the main roster though. I just was not a fan of hers. Shayna Baszler is killing it. Kairi Sane is a fun babyface. I like Dakota Kai, even if this current storyline is a little ham-fisted. Candace LaRae is pretty good. Nikki Cross is still around & she's entertaining. I will admit I'm not digging Lacey Evans at all though. I also think Peyton Royce should have stuck around longer but what can you do?

Time will tell on Bianca, but I dig the Kabuki Quantum Fighter hair gimmick!

Liked this episode quite a bit. Not a fan of Gargano-Ciampa continuing as I don't see how you can top their Takeover match, but Candice was tremendous. The match with Bianca was a real showcase for the latter while showing that the former clearly wasn't in the right frame of mind.

Heavy Machinery-War Raiders should be a hoot and a half.

Looking forward to a possible heel turn for TM61, as they're just Generic Indy Tag Team to me as faces. Street Profits are stars.

Dakota is getting some really nice character development and even if Vanessa is just going to put her over, they seem to really use her a lot considering how bad she is. And it's good to see we're getting more women's feuds like Lacey-Kairi.

Dunne-Strong was very good and looking forward the eventual six-man tag with Burch and Oney.

This has the potential of being the Magnum/Tully of this generation, people. Let's cherish the possibility of an I Quit match

So like 20 years from now people will praise it as the greatest ever and other people will feel obligated to like it until they admit they don't get what the big deal is?

I completely understand your point, and I actually agree. I can totally see fans from 20 years from now not getting this feud, thinking it's something overly melodramatic, or even that Gargano is a very bland babyface and Ciampa is a cartoon villain.

It certainly is going to be one of the most pimped feuds of this generation, no doubt. If it does generate some backlash... it's possible.