Pro Wrestling Only

NXT talk

Woof

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, I doubt too many people looked at Stunning Steve Austin and thought hed take wrestling to possibly its widest audience ever.

If it was easy to predict that sort of thing, itd happen a lot more.

Its just a combination of the right guy under the right conditions at the right time.

I agree. Maybe not mainstream, but Ricochet has potential to be the top star in the WWE. The only thing that can really hold him back is Vince's biases. He's not very big and he's black, which are two things Vince isn't keen on pushing. Right now though, I think Drew McIntyre is the one that the WWE really like out of the newer/returning crop.

Can someone send Vince the Ricochet/ Dijak match so Dijak can take Big Cass's spot?

While Dijak is clearly a better wrestler than Cass, he is smaller than big Cass (not by much) and has way less charisma than Big Cass. Granted his charisma is that douche New Yorker/New Jersey one that probably stood out in Times Square to hear Enzo "rapping" on Monday still better than nothing.

I really hope that Zelina Vega succeeds on Smackdown Live so we can see a rebirth of managers in the WWE. If anyone can use someone like a Stokely Hathaway from EVOLVE it is Dijak.

Out of everyone of the NXT main event scene, the one that has the biggest potential as a star is Velveteen - which is not to say Black, Ricochet or even Lars can't be big deals, but Dream's appeal is just insane. Mixing Prince with Rick Rude while bringing your own flavor to the character is some A+ gimmick

Tremendous sprint. Could have done with a bit of slow down perhaps but that's minor. It's great seeing this kind of work (British style limb work and MMA type holds) on my WWE tv. I've seen literally zero of Kyle o Reilly pre NXT, how is he usually as a singles worker? I enjoy his act, air guitar and all. Dunne is something special. I don't think I've seen him speak yet. I wonder how thick his brummie accent is.

Talking of special, Bianca Belair looks like a hell of a prospect don't she?

I really can't get into Aleister Black. Aside from the terrible name he's whole deal feels forced and cliched. A major bore.

I took my 7-year-old daughter to the NXT house show in Louisville last night. We had a blast! Got to see Velveteen Dream vs Kassius Ohno. Hard-hitting fun match. Black and Sullivan had a good match that was probably some stuff theyre working on for Takeover. Performance of the night goes to Raul Mendoza against Adam Cole. It was a bit of an annoyingly smarky crowd. Lots of cheering for Undisputed Era, but Mendoza had he crowd eating out of his hand by the end of the match.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2018 at 5:47 PM, KawadaSmile said:

Out of everyone of the NXT main event scene, the one that has the biggest potential as a star is Velveteen

I think Adam Cole will be the biggest star. Mostly because he reminds me of a young Triple H or Seth Rollins & WWE pushed the shit out of both of them. I wouldn't be surprised if Triple H saw a lot of himself in Adam Cole.

Meanwhile, I could see Vince being biased against Velveteen because of his use of previous gimmicks like Randy Savage or Rick Rude. It's hard to guess things in WWE because it feels like you just never know what side of the bed someone in a position of power will get up on. Like, I thought Tyler Breeze would excel on the main roster & he's a jobber. Meanwhile, I thought Nia Jax & Carmella were jokes & they are focal points of the divisions.