Pro Wrestling Only

NXT talk

Woof

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Log said:

The tag title match was great, but I don’t get the ending. Why didn’t Bate just run in and break up the hold?

I think the ref warned him to not interfere again, or they'd be disqaulified when he ran in earlier. At least he held up a finger to him the last time he came in, which to me seems like "One more time, I'm warning you".

And babyfaces rather lose their title honorably than get DQ'ed. ;)

3 hours ago, Gutenberger said:

I think the ref warned him to not interfere again, or they'd be disqaulified when he ran in earlier. At least he held up a finger to him the last time he came in, which to me seems like "One more time, I'm warning you".

And babyfaces rather lose their title honorably than get DQ'ed. ;)

Ah. That makes sense. I must’ve missed the part with the ref. 

Tag match was fantastic. What sucked was the never ending dueling chants that negated the performances and what they meant. Cheer and boo whoever you want, but react to the action. And apparently Borash was in the crowd leading the shit. Stop that. If you like UA, cheer for them, if you like MM, you like a team with the worst name ever, but also.. cheer for them. And boo the other. Just chanting back and forth doesn't play into the heat or the comeback. It makes it about the crowd instead of the crowd playing their actual part.

Man, I didn't read the spoilers or know that the title change was happening. That was the first NXT weekly show that I can remember watching as it aired too & I marked out. I bought into several of the false finishes too. I'm all-in on Tommaso Ciampa. I liked him in ROH but felt like he was missing something. In NXT, he feels like he's found it. Great heel character work. 

So the NXT UK tapings took place, I assume it's a Network only deal but do any of our resident UK-ians know if it's going to be on TV over there? I figured it would be since the whole thing is a reaction to ITV trying to get into the wrestling game. 

I really like the decision to put the title on Ciampa. As much as I think it'd be cool for Gargano to beat him for the belt and bring that storyline to its "perfect" ending, I'm kinda hoping Ciampa retains in Brooklyn and Gargano gets called up. Ciampa is a great longterm NXT Champion character and I think the match with Aleister only cemented that idea. I was a bit nervous that, without Gargano as his foil, Ciampa's heel act might lose some steam but the build-up to the Black match was fine and I think he would be an awesome foil for Velveteen Dream, Ricochet, etc. down the line. Ciampa's super serious villain versus the flamboyance of the Dream seems like a no-brainer for Survivor Series or Royal Rumble weekend.

With Black, I kind of had the feeling that they wanted to get the title off Almas and Black was their most over, "credible" babyface (well, 2nd behind Gargano). Once he had the title, though, I don't think it really added anything to his character. Almost like how when Taker won the title at WM13, he was still the same Deadman character with the title and swiftly went back to the same one-slot-below-the-main-event position against Foley and Vader he was in before. Aleister Black has a mystique, and to me, its best served against other characters with equally big personalities (that Velveteen Dream feud remains his career highlight). 

Shayna vs. Candace was really great. It put over Candace as a threat and veteran who isn't intimidated by Shayna, puts over the champ as both a bad ass heel and as vulnerable in a way we've only seen since Nikki Cross, and it made Sane look bad ass. Cause "smiling Pirate girl in all white" is fine, but she needed an edge. I hope she wears black pirate gear at Takeover.

Caught up on the last couple weeks shows.  Totally agree with Johnny that the Candice/Shayna match was great.  Loving Shayna as champ so much.  Can't wait to see who finally takes her down.

Gotdam, the ending to Black/Chiampa was amazing!  Just so chaotic and back-and-forth and up-and-down and side-to-side and you get it.  Loved the follow up with Gargano talking shit to Chiampa about how he's only champ because of Johnny, and then Black agreeing and kicking Gargano's head off.