Pro Wrestling Only

[1984-10-12-Houston Wrestling] Steve Williams & Hercules vs Jim Duggan & Bill Dundee

shoe

This is an interesting match. It had a lot neat stuff, along with things that surprised me. The card this match was on drew a 33,000 dollar house.

I thought the shine was well worked. Dundee and Duggan played off each other well. The shine had a lot of energy to it They did a big brother/little brother thing. Like the did the Duggan pose together.Plus both Duggan and Dundee are great at connecting to the crowd. I marked out big for the Doc/Dundee slam off where Dundee used leverage to cause Doc to get a wedgie every time he tried to slam Dundee. Duggan had some fun spots. The guys did a good job mixing in the comedy with the tag spots. Eventually Dundee is the FIP. The comedy is now all thrown out the window and they just beat the crap out of Dundee. The heat is really built well and Hercules takes a football helmet and KO's Dundee for the win. I liked this for a change of pace where the hot tag wasn't made. It was built to, but didn't happen. I thought the wrestlers did a good job mixing the comedy, heat and storytelling to have a good match , while also taking chances. 3*

• GSR changed the title to [1984-10-12-Houston Wrestling] Steve Williams & Hercules vs Jim Duggan & Bill Dundee