Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 32

TravJ1979

This isn't necessarily a "Let's book WM32," but looking at the entire roster on the website, I am hard pressed to come up with any matches that would excite me.

Here's what they have to work with:

INJURED - OUT OF WM
Cesaro
Randy Orton
Sting
Tyson Kidd
Seth Rollins
Daniel Bryan
ATTITUDE ERA GUYS
Rock - Think he's booked in Hollywood during this time.
HHH
Undertaker
Chris Jericho

TOP GUYS

Sheamus
Alberto del Rio
Rusev
King Barrett
John Cena
Brock Lesnar
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Kevin Owens
SECOND TIER
Big Show
Dolph Ziggler
Jack Swagger
Kane
Mark Henry
The Miz
Neville
Ryback
Stardust
Tyler Breeze
Goldust
R-Truth
TAG TEAMS
Prime Time Players
Los Matadores
The Ascension
Wyatt Family
Dudley Boys
The Uso's
Lucha Dragons
New Day
DIVAS
Alicia Fox
Becky Lynch
Brie Bella
Cameron
Emma
Eva Marie
Lana
Naomi
Natalya
Nikki Bella
Paige
Rosa Mendes
Sasha Banks
Summer Rae
Tamina
Charlotte
TALKERS
Paul Heyman
Zeb Colter
JOKES - Would take a lot to get people to care
Adam Rose
Alex Riley
Bo Dallas
Curtis Axel
Damien Sandow
David Otunga
Fandango
Heath Slater
Zack Ryder

What could you possibly do with this?

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the $500 question, at least according to my ticket price for Jerrys World.

At this point the only,thing they can realistically do to spice things up is being up Balor, Joe and Zayn in the next month or two. I'm hard pressed to,put together a show with this,roster - Brock/Reigns and Cen/Undertaker seem like,the on,y,possible matchups for those top guys, unless we get a Reigns or Ambrose turn or a bigger push for Owens.

Man, their depth issue really is depressing when it's laid out like that. It's even worse when you consider their hard on for Reigns means anyone who might have a chance to spice things up is probably going end up being used as cannon fodder in the Great Roman Push.

Is it certian that Bryan isn't coming back? That's pretty brutal.

Seems almost certain that Austin is involved somehow? I mean... it's Texas.

If Bryan ever comes back, and I'm not sure he'll ever get cleared, it won't be before WM. No way they're going to let their Roman Orgy get derailed 3 years in a row.

Last year’s show had 2 hours, 20 mins of wrestling on a 6 hour (4 hours + 2 preshow) extravaganza. Here’s a semi-realistic card that adds four extra matches (13 up from last year’s 9) by adding only 30 more mins in-ring.

1. Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman) [World Title, “The Brawl to End It All”; Special Guest Referee: Steve Austin] - 20:00
  2. John Cena vs. The Undertaker - 15:00
  3. Nikki Bella © (w/ Brie and Alicia) vs. Sasha Banks (w/ BAD) [Lumberjack Match, Divas Title] - 10:00 (Nikki reclaims the title she never should have lost at the Rumble, then drops it here to tweener Banks: Ric Flair accompanies Charlotte to support her during her lumberjack appearance and get chopped by Banks)
  4. The New Day © vs. The Usos (w/ The Rock if available) [Tag Titles] - 15:00
  5. HHH vs. Sheamus [“It’s Not Texas Death, It’s Last Man Standing” / Safari of Endless Run-Ins / Loser Goes Home with Steph] - 17:00
  6. Kevin Owens © vs. Sami Zayn (IC Title; “I Quit” Match) - 14:00
  7. Stardust vs. Goldust (“Texas Outlaw” Dusty Rhodes Tribute Match) - 12:00
  8. Dean Ambrose vs. Tyler Breeze (Piper-Adonis WMIII Memorial Hair vs. Hair Match) - 8:00
  9. Rusev (w/ Lana) vs. Bray Wyatt [Culmination of Wyatt Face Turn] - 13:00
  10. Alberto Del Rio © vs. Ryback (US Title; Abrupt Schnozz Finish Introduces Surprise Debuting Heel Aligned with Del Rio) - 4:00
  11. Finn Balor/Chris Jericho/Dolph Ziggler/Neville vs. Samoa Joe/Luke Harper & Erick Rowan (w/ Zeb Colter)/Titus O’Neil (Workrate Smark Heart Attack Opener vs. Four Best Bases) - 12:00
  12. Pre-Show: Becky Lynch vs. Paige (#1 Contender's Match) - 6:00
  13. Pre-Show: Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (Braun Strauman defeats Jack Swagger, Kane, Mark Henry, The Miz, R-Truth, Big Show, Darren Young, Los Matadores, The Ascension, The Dudleys, Lucha Dragons, Adam Rose, Alex Riley, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Damien Sandow, David Otunga, Fandango, Heath Slater, Zack Ryder, & 5 more Nostalgia Act Old-Timers/NXT Guys/Yoshiaki Fujiwara) (14:00)

I can't think of one matchup that looks intriguing, save maybe Cena-Taker.

Who wants to see this match anymore? There's no intrigue there. The Undertaker, at this point, can barely walk. His streak at Wrestlemania has already ended. John Cena losing nowadays does not mean anything. Even if it were WWE Title Vs. The Undertaker's career... it would be impossible to make me care about that match. I don't see the appeal.

WWE does not have any money matches left unless they can get a guy like Steve Austin to wrestle another match. Even that in and of itself is sad.

I think Cena's actually a good opponent for him. They haven't faced each other in what, 12 years? It's a fresh match in context. I expect Taker to win against whoever he faces, as there's been no indication that this will be his retirement. Cena's the right combo of top star who can afford the loss while looking formidable. Plus he's as safe an opponent as possible, and one capable of putting together the sort of match that WWE/Taker want. Having Taker face an Owens/Rusev/Ambrose in some effort to "big league" those guys feels pointless right now: a win won't help the young guy much (Brock already broke the Streak and the crowd doesn't want to see Taker lose), and Taker beating one of them comes off as a burial (even if it isn't).

To repeat what's been said a million times already: Taker is a really weird commodity right now, in that he lost so much without the Streak and the company doesn't do anything meaningful with him. Yet to the average fan he still probably has the aura of being the living legend and one of the only legit stars. He feels very neutered: a guy who thinks he's healthy enough for two matches a year and doesn't really want to retire, but who is also kinda running out the clock in hopes that a retirement-worthy angle will eventually come to fruition? Or that he can retire during a more prosperous future for the company? There's a weird loyalty going on right now where Taker and Vince need each other, but are both checking their watches.

If we can get Roman vs. Brock Part 2 and Cena vs. Taker as your two main events, I would be happy.

That would be the only saving grace of the card as every other match, in all reality, won't matter at all. The majority of the roster just looks bad right now and not many are going into 2016 looking strong. I can see Jericho wanting to have a match with Owens and WWE possibly doing TLC II from last night (Usos/New Day/Lucha Dragons) which would be cool as well. Toss in a Divas 4 way for the title (Sasha,Charlotte,Paige,Becky) and those are 5 matches for Mania I wouldn't mind seeing.