Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 32

TravJ1979

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think they'd go back to Triple H vs. Undertaker, again? I mean, if we say Brock vs. Roman is the most likely main event, that leaves you both HHH and Taker that we are pretty sure are going to be on the show and have really between them zero logical opponents.

I'm not really excited about that prospect at all, but, I mean, it does fill in some pieces.

It's sad that Ambrose has been so marginalized that he's no longer considered a worthy opponent for Trips, and he absolutely isn't worthy right now, sad to say. The Ambrose of 2-3 years ago, who was the leader of The Shield (before Reigns was clumsily retconned into that position), people would've been a lot more excited seeing that guy vs. H.

Now, Ambrose is this little whipped sidekick puppy dug. It's sad to see. I'm begging for that inevitable turn. I just don't know how they make it different enough from Rollins' turn.

They are basically doing the ideal heel singles Ambrose character with Kevin Owens now. So I don't know if it would be a good idea to turn him heel without a solid plan for him going forward. I don't really want to see him turn heel just so he can be fodder for Reigns's...reign as a summer opponent or whatever. If they have no real plan for him, I'd rather he stay a babyface.

Just throwing this out there: Does anyone think they have the balls to try to fully get behind Reigns as a top babyface, by turning Cena heel to wrestle him at 'Mania?

Well, I could see a slim possibility that it could happen after 'Mania. But Cena doesn't even need to turn heel during the run-up to match. WWE wants Reigns to get cheered and I think fans will root for Reigns if he faces Cena, regardless if he is face or heel.

Two days ago I would be the last guy to say that Sheamus matters, but after TLC and RAW, I kind of hope he still does in April. When the WWE was pushing Cena post-WM21, they had him beat Jericho and Angle, but neither really did the trick as the Cena hate began to mount up. In my mind, it was the feud with Edge (a guy the fans really hated and who served as Cena's best foil in 06'-07') that helped solidify him as not only "The Choice" but also a consistent main event caliber performer that fans had to begrudgingly expect.

Sheamus, to me, stepped up as the Edge to Reign's Cena.

I'm not saying we need them to rematch every week for the next 15 weeks, but just like Edge came out fairly hot after WM21 by feuding (and beating) Foley in a hardcore match (and going through a flaming table IIRC) at Mania and then again at ONO 2, I would really like to see Sheamus get tied up into a feud with a fresh, over babyface that he eventually beats before going after the belt again. Who is that fresh, over babyface? That's an unfortunate question because the only ones I know of are mostly guys that Sheamus has already feuded extensively with (Ziggler comes to mind) and wouldn't be fresh. Maybe Sheamus gets the position of facing some celebrity? Maybe he retires Big Show (hardly fresh but what else could would you do)?, Maybe you bring Mark Henry back and try to heat him up as a good guy between now and then via a bunch of Rumble eliminations? There's always Kane? The outlook doesn't look good and I don't see Sheamus/Brock. (I'm expecting Brock/Reigns 2 for the record)

I like Sheamus a lot from bell to bell, but his character has just been hot garbage since the return last Spring. The look ALREADY needs upgrading. With that being said, I'm not at all opposed to "heating him up" again and using a blood-feud with a babyface to get the gears turning toward that goal.

That *used to* be a big thing within the Fed. They'd take guys at or near the same level, pit them against each other, and allow them to rise up the ranks TOGETHER. Rock and Hunter are a prime example of that. So yeah. It's definitely something I'd like to see done. But it's a matter of not JUST booking them in these endless 50/50 rematches. They've got to get over on plenty of guys outside of the confines of their rivalry against each other.

The most likely candidate as that "over, fresh" babyface - to possibly oppose Sheamus - would probably be Ambrose. Having Dean as the IC Champ at the moment kind of muddies the field a bit, but I would be on board to see a whole host of gimmick matches between Dean and Sheamus. It could eat up a good chunk of time and give both guys something substantial to do on the Mania card.

I don't think it does them any favors to do into the deal with tunnel vision on using it as a vehicle to propel Sheamus back towards Reigns, but it's a decent endgame to have in mind for him. They've got to be open-minded about what it could do for Ambrose as well - and that's what could lead to them ultimately creating TWO new top contenders for Reigns in the aftermath of the feud, really. Present it right, and both guys will come out looking stronger.

Of course, I can't help but feel like Rollins was originally slated to be the "Edge" to Roman's "Cena" throughout these months. Seems like a pretty obvious statement, but I guess I'm mainly bringing it up to the pose the question of whether or not you think that would've worked as well? I know Seth had his share of supporters throughout the Cena stuff, but I don't know. The booking headed towards their Survivor Series match seemed pretty solid, and I almost want to believe it would have worked in getting Reigns his fair share of fans.

The booking of Roman at HIAC, the night after, and in the SS elimination match on Raw wasn't too far off what they just did this past week. Maybe we would have gotten "badass brute" Roman Reigns a month earlier. Seth could have played scummy, smarmy chickenshit heel as the foil.

It's too far off to really know when or how they'll bring Rollins back, but I'd much rather see him be the guy to solidify & cement Roman's reign. Of course, they can't exactly just spin their wheels until then or anything. So we'll see.

Anyone But You is exactly the kind of feud they like to run before one of them rises to champion status. It is another one of those "I am the better rising star than you" kinda things they have run in the past with Austin/Rock and Triple H/Rock. I think it is Bray Wyatt as the Edge to Reigns's Cena and I think Seth Rollins would be the Randy Orton to Reigns's Cena. All they need now is the Batista...perhaps Daniel Bryan if he ever comes back full time...

That Shoemaker weirdo who wrote about wrestling at Grantland even referred to the "Anyone But You" feud as "Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt HHH-Rock'ing each other to stardom"

Which, I think you can certainly quibble with his definition of "stardom" ... but that was the vibe they wanted for the feud, I'm sure.

Austin vs. Lesnar - unfinished business.

Reigns vs. Sheamus - WWE Title.

Sasha vs. Bailey - Women's Title.

Undertaker vs. Finn -UT's retirement match, HoF induction the night before.

Owens vs. Zayn -IC Title.

Holly Holm/The Rock vs. Triple H/Steph.

New Day vs. Those "SAWFT" dudes in NXT - Tag Title.

The usual filler, Bullshit battle royal etc.

Daniel Bryan vs. Shawn Michaels - crippled gimp Olympics or some horseshit

During his drunken Christmas show, Alvarez let it slip that he has reason to believe Taker is winning the Rumble. That should be taken with several grains of salt, but from his tone it had the vibe of: Dave and/or WWE sources prob. wouldn't want me spilling this, but these two shots of raspberry Grey Goose have worked their magic.

Serious question that I think we discussed in a different thread within the last six months here: is the Rumble winner predictable/boring/bad like, at least 80% of the time? They've worked themselves into a corner by having it be for the Mania title shot, esp. with only one world champ. No idea why Taker would be winning, unless he really is retiring and a match with Reigns is the sendoff. But wow, that is an odd way of booking your 1st timer precarious babyface champ. If it's purely for the sake of giving Taker a big match, that seems like a pretty bad message to your young roster.