Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 32

TravJ1979

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am beyond pumped for this show and have no idea why. Weakest lineup since 27 by my estimation, and yet I could not be more jacked up about watching tonight.

I'm looking forward to tonight as well and I have no real idea why. It certainly isn't because they did such a good hype job.

The build-up this year has been atrocious. We're over halfway through the 2010s and WM XXIV (shiw itself was a letdown) is the only one that had a decent build-up to more than 2-3 matches. Admittedly this year they were hamstrung by all those injuries but I still wish they'd built up a few more feuds underneath.

Kept meaning to respond to this thread the past few months since it has been my only source of WM rumours, ideas, etc. outside my Twitter feed. Haven't posted here since that card I tried to fantasy book just before the Rumble happened. Looks like I was right about a couple of things (Reigns vs HHH, Emma and Godfather appearances, getting all the Divas on the pre-show, possibly Henry winning...) but WAY of on just about everything else.

Ah, well at least some different people are getting a spot on the main show this year, even if it has been forced by injuries.

I'd like to think some of them will get the chance to run with whatever momentum any of those guys get after tonight but I'm not holding my breath waiting for it.

Hall of Fame was fun and I expect the show itself to be decent even though I have nothing to base that on and I have mixed feelings on the quality of WresteleManias. I liked WrestleMania 23 (2007) a lot.

One of the best in fact. Certainly of recent years. 2005 was very good as well. 24 wasn't bad either - I liked the Flair retirement a lot as well, Mayweather/Show was well worked, one of Edge' s best non-gimmick matches, etc. but the ones since haven't been as good but 28 (despite the weak build) and XXX were still good shows for me and 25 was decent but not what it could have been with the roster at the time. I'm fairly hopeful for tonight. I think part of it is I don't really know what to expect whereas other than Brock breaking the Streak a couple of years ago and all the run-ins last year I think it was easy to visualise how most of the Big Matches would go down in recent years. There's a lot of stuff tonight where I'm not sure what's going to happen.