Pro Wrestling Only

[2015-12-01-Tokyo Gurentai] Kazunari Murakami & Minoru Suzuki vs Suguru Miyatake & Yoshihiro Takayama

cactus

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v98385051zYTh4hzf

This met my expectations and then some. Everyone had a key role and they all played their parts well. Takayama is out looking for retribution against MiSu and even ends up beating his own tag partner who insists on being tagged in. That very same tag partner is completely blanked by Suzuki when Suzuki wants a piece of Takayama who wasn't even in the match at the time. It's very funny stuff and the comedy was tasteful and well placed. The match flawlessly transitions from comical to serious, as Miyatake eventually fires up and it seems like he almost has a fighting chance against Suzuki. A sleeper MOTYC for sure.

★★★★

• 6 months later...

Yeah this was really good. Miyatake is a DDT DNA guy and the kind of guy you'd bet your house on on taking the fall and they treat him like that, the exchanges between him and Takayama are pretty hilarious as was Suzuki just dismissing him as a threat. I love the way Takayama throws forearms, they look like punches half the time. While this wasn't a comedy match per se I spent a good chunk of it laughing, it doesn't get much better than Murakami taunting Takayama before they start blasting each other with brutal shots while commentary makes Fist Of the North Star references. Suzuki is great at spots where he milks a submission for all its worth and he even made it a viable false finish here. I loved Takayama cutting off Suzuki's Piledriver attempt, it completely caught me off guard. ****

• GSR changed the title to [2015-12-01-Tokyo Gurentai] Kazunari Murakami & Minoru Suzuki vs Suguru Miyatake & Yoshihiro Takayama