Pro Wrestling Only

"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka

Grimmas

First impressions matter. I first saw Snuka's 2nd WWF run where he looked cool and won the occasional squash match but that was it. My abiding memory of him was being crushed by UT at WM.

But obviously Snuka had about a year as the most popular babyface on WWF TV and that's no mean feat considering it came during the end of Bob/start of Hogan. Great athlete with some amazing blood feuds and liked the tag stuff I've seen from Japan and Crockett. Also liked his heel stuff in ECW for his age. God awful promo.

Snuka spent way too much of his prime career as a heel, because he was really terrible at it. A guy with his charisma and moveset should be a Babyface 4 Life (and his best work I've seen came doing face-in-peril stuff in WWF tags) but he was a villain for a really surprising amount of his life. His stuff as a heel in early ECW is practically unwatchable, so much stalling that Larry Zbyszko would scream at him to get off his ass and do something.