Pro Wrestling Only

2016 WWE Hall of Fame

SteveJRogers

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vader makes a lot of sense to go in next to Sting. They used to sort of loosely theme the class around the headline inductee it seemed. Maybe this is the year they forgive Rick Rude and bury his induction behind Sting, Vader, and a few Texas-centric inductees.

I think Rude will be a lock for next year because Minnesota. Freebirds definitely. Hansen would be cool, but it seems that they limit the local thing to just one inductee. I would imagine WWE would have cold feet about Patera because of the McDonald's thing. Unless there's a blindspot I've missed, he has not been someone they've reached out to for things like documentaries or such before.

I would imagine WWE would have cold feet about Patera because of the McDonald's thing. Unless there's a blindspot I've missed, he has not been someone they've reached out to for things like documentaries or such before.

Patera was in the Giants documentary, on behalf of Big John Studd.

I would imagine WWE would have cold feet about Patera because of the McDonald's thing. Unless there's a blindspot I've missed, he has not been someone they've reached out to for things like documentaries or such before.

Patera was in the Giants documentary, on behalf of Big John Studd.

He's on the Hogan-Piper Rivalries episode too IIRC. I mentioned him previously as a potential candidate, could have Mark Henry induct him as a fellow former Olympian strongman.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to bandy about phrases that I don't even really believe apply to something like the WWE HOF, but Godfather is a new low. I did figure they would include Garvin just so Hayes wouldn't have to go solo, and I look forward to seeing his bald airline pilot self showing up just for the jarring dissonance from the Gorgeous One.

I hate to bandy about phrases that I don't even really believe apply to something like the WWE HOF, but Godfather is a new low. I did figure they would include Garvin just so Hayes wouldn't have to go solo, and I look forward to seeing his bald airline pilot self showing up just for the jarring dissonance from the Gorgeous One.

Godfather had a perfectly respectable career with a wide variety of gimmicks - Papa Shango, Kama: The Supreme Fighting Machine, Kama Mustafa, The Godfather, and The Goodfather - two of which were pretty over (Shango and Godfather). He's easily comparable to Rikishi and miles ahead of Ware (at least WWE-wise). Calling it a "new low" is not only ridiculous, it's inaccurate.

Does Jacqueline have any significance other than that one UK PPV where her top got ripped off? Should be interesting for them to put a HOF video when 9/10ths of her run can't be shown on current WWE PG TV.

This is silly too. You act like she was a stripper. Out of all the ladies at the time, she was the one who did that kind of shit the least. She's a former WWE Women's Champion (I think), and as Miss Texas, she was Chyna before there was a Chyna - meaning a woman who defeated men in the ring, not any of the other stuff. :D