Pro Wrestling Only

Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Grimmas

Classic maybe, but I don't see the case for Junior. He was criminally underrated in WWE, when he was lighting it up on SD and later ECW. His matches with Sydal, Rey and Bryan are damn good by any measure. He suffers from some TNA Syndrome and from being squandered in WCW. I like his Lucha Underground character more than I like the matches.

• 5 weeks later...

Not a chance. One of the most overrated guys going around.

Felt like he was hiding at the cool kids' table during the Smackdown Six and Los Guerreros stuff, getting to go along for the ride and be in tonnes of great tag matches without standing out in any way. Apart from the miraculous Rey match at GAB 2004 I can't think of one singles match of note in his whole WWE career. Mechanically fine but unbelievably boring.

• 5 years later...

Again, I can get why Chavo gets on a nomination ballot but erm, no, not at all. He coasted on being on Eddie's incredibly large back for a while before having no luck trying to branch off himself to no avail. I think the WCW story of Chavo doing a entrance with a toy horse that one time for the fun of it and then having to use that as a gimmick to get any cheers because everyone was used to it says a lot about how creatively he thought about really anything. His characters were always one-dimensional trite, even when he was out of the WWE.

He's not bad or anything and you can trust him to have a decent TV match but that's really it. Guys like Miz completely outwork him in that branch as well and he's not even here, so I can't imagine him getting anywhere close to a top 400, let alone 100. Again, if you like fairly decent consistency from your wrestlers, there's a lot better to be picking from.