Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-01-02-PWG-Lemmy] Zack Sabre Jr vs Akira Tozawa

Loss

This match was hot from even before the start as the entire crowd was huge fans of both guys coming into it, with most having a slight leaning towards one over the other leading to an intense dueling chant that became so infectious and competitive I found myself thinking "No way I'm letting them chant longer than us" as I rooted for Tozawa. These two got match of the year chants before they even locked up and while that's a bit cutesy for some the wrestlers and management earned it by delivering in the past. Tozawa was a lot more serious in this than his last PWG showing and ZSJ only plays his cheeky games with guys that he is very close friends with most notably Marty Scrull. ZSJ has so may believable finishes from cradles to submissions that when he ended this with the PK a common set up for a falsie the crowd was actually surprised quite the feat when anyone in attendance could have easily predicted a win for the future world champion contender. They both showed off they full skills on the mat, striking, flying, and even a little brawling around the building. Clearly these are not the two guys to have a stiff, wild, and bloody fight style of match but they threw the strikes in where they counted and made them look about as good as you can hope for particularly the straight jab from Tozawa. I can't recall any botches or miss steps. Some say PWG is a company of all "dream matches" that can be taken in any order but this show felt like it flowed almost perfectly leading to this match giving the feeling that it was the most important thing we had seen all night which was then perfectly topped by the championship main event afterwards. While I don't feel fully comfortable giving this a rating based solely on a live viewing I can safely say that his was right at or above 4*

• GSR changed the title to [2016-01-02-PWG-Lemmy] Zack Sabre Jr vs Akira Tozawa