Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-01-03-DDT] Kota Umeda & Masa Takanashi & Yukio Sakaguchi vs Akito & HARASHIMA & Yasu Urano

Loss

• GSR changed the title to [2016-01-03-DDT] Kota Umeda & Masa Takanashi & Yukio Sakaguchi vs Akito & HARASHIMA & Yasu Urano
  • 1 month later...

Between his brilliant single matches with Hino and Sekimoto and random matches where he's good like here, I've grown to like Takanashi a lot. He's one of the best wrestlers in DDT personality-wise too.

And this match is weirdly, a Masa Takanashi showcase. He spends a lot of time grappling with Urano and being the underdog getting beat up, but he also does a tapatia! Even though their name is Smile Squash, HARASHIMA, Akito and Urano are almost like lucha rudos in this match. Sakaguchi and HARASHIMA are barely in but everyone else is very good. I've always found Urano kind of lame but he's good here, he gets to play off a size difference (even though he's really small himself) against Masa and has a couple cool spots working on top, he almost does a handstand in the top rope before a senton. I don't know if that has a name but more people should do it. Umeda is amazing all the time. Masa pinning HARASHIMA is a good finish just because of how unexpected it is. The crowd loves him, someone ringside hands him a bottle of wine, his whole team starts drinking. It's wonderful.