Pro Wrestling Only

[1986-09-20-UWF-TV] Terry Gordy vs Steve Williams

Superstar Sleeze

UWF Heavyweight Champion Terry Gordy vs Dr. Death - UWF TV 9/15/86

Jim Ross informs us that Gordy has returned from the Orient and Doc from the hospital courtesy of a Freebird piledriver on the floor. This definitely has more of a feel of a revenge match. Doc takes the majority of the match especially the first 8 minutes where he just kicks Gordy's ass. I like the amateur beginning and once Doc has control of the match he really throws him around. Gordy did go after the neck at some points, but Doc would almost immediately counter. Doc was clearly supposed to be perceived as the better wrestler. Doc was not great conjuring up that belief that he really wanted to kick ass. He did kick ass, but that hatred was not quite there. Back from commercial, Gordy was in control for a hot second before Doc exploded and then hit a piledriver! But he doesnt cover?!?! Instead, he riles up the crowd. He wants another piledriver to really pay him back for that piledriver, but first he bites him. Ok, I am starting to believe in this hatred. He is really gnawing on him. PILEDRIVER~! Business has picked up! Kick out!?!?!?!?!?!? Doc hammers on the head. Gordy levels the ref with a reverse crossbody! Second ref, Oh I know the finish, Doc knocks this muthafucka out with a Oklahoma Stampede. German suplex. One ref counts each man down and there is controversy?!?!?!

The first match was your fun Clash of the Titans, this was more of the revenge match. Since Watts knew Doc was going to get fucked at least he gave him most of the match. I liked the first match more because it was more competitive, but this was still fun as a hoss fight. They both had shitty finishes. ***3/4

• GSR changed the title to [1986-09-20-UWF-TV] Terry Gordy vs Steve Williams